Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal...Stop_hammertime. page 2

klubkhty is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hammertime, I have an idea for you about getting more vegetables (I have this same problem).

Buy some salad greens and salad toppings (cucumber, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery etc... as many as you like). Chop up the salad toppings ahead of time (by hand or with a mandoline) and store them in the fridge for salads throughout the week. You can make a quick salad with all these salad goodies once they're chopped up in 30 seconds and you're getting in all kinds of veggies this way.

The other thing I've done is make some acorn squash the night before and pack it in my lunch (can be eaten cold or reheated). Acorn squash is scrumptious, especially with some cinnamon and oil or butter.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Thanks for your comment hammertime, sounds like you really know what I am going through when it comes to that aspect with my mom. I am an eater so she just doesn't get it and that is fine... I am glad to hear day 2 is working out okay for you. Keep pumpin it out you will be successful. I get to go grocery shopping today (Woohoo) so that should help, I am sure it will help when you get to go again too. The salad idea is a great one... i am planning on doing more of that. Also I have this mixture of veggies that i just grab a handful of when I am hungry. It's chopped carrots, bell peppers and celery. Its yummy and it sustains me pretty well around snack time. I take it to the movie theaters so I can avoid the popcorn thing...

Have a great day 3!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

stop_hammertime Guest

Have I said that I love this place yet? You guys have really great ideas. I bought some veggies today and I plan on getting my BAS makings ready to go. Thank Jesus for tupperware.

So, today was a big day for me, I went to the store and bought meat. It was kind of a trip trying to find out what kind of steak to buy, but my dad was great help in that department. I got steak, salmon, tilapia and chicken. I tried to buy the best quality available but none of it was grassfed. When i get home in July I plan on making the switch to healthier meat but right now I 1. cannot afford it...I mean really cant afford it and 2. It is just not available in Hellhole, Wy.

Breakfast was a big bow of awesome (ground beef which is the only grassfed beef I can find, a bunch of collard greens, tomatoes and Bensons seasoning) with two big dollops of full fat organic sour cream.

I did find raw organic cheese (of all things) at Sams so I am excited about that. Now I begin the arduous task of cleaning out all of the old junk in my kitchen and replacing it with the $200 worth of stuff I bought today.

I have also been wondering about exercise. I downloaded the 100 pushup/lunge/sit up programs to my ipod and I am considering adding that to thrice weekly kettlebell/trx sessions. The reality is it doesn't matter what I plan to do unless I ACTUALLY DO IT. We will see where I get on that front.

Again, thank you all for giving me your advice and support. It really makes a difference.

Hammertime... Sounds great! I am glad we are a support system for you! I went shopping today and had grocery shoppers remorse... seriously 214 dollars BUT we won't grow hungry and I can officially say there was NO junk involved

You live in WYO!? HAHA I drive through there when I go back to Colorado where I am from... I live in South Dakota right now... The entire state of Wyoming is vacant, hate to say it. HOWEVER I can't find much of anything grassfed here either and we are #2 ranching state in the US... now THAT makes sense...

Oh well. Keep on truckin it! How's it feeling to eat meat?

Live Like No One Else

hippie_mama is offline Member

I have a serious aversion to meat fat too. I'm trying to talk myself into it, but so far, it's just not happening. Butter and plant oils are fine, but the other stuff? Ick. I'm not crazy about handling/cooking meat either, but i find that sliding the whole cold, slimy mess into a crockpot and covering it in water, then not looking at it again for 6 hours really makes it easier.

stop_hammertime Guest

Mandabear- It actually feels ok to eat meat. I have tried to separate what I am eating from the PETA videos and just do what is right for my body. I will feel loads better when I get some humane (written first time around as "human") meat in my casa. I was thinking about getting this when my current stock runs out. http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=367753

Hippie mama- CROCKPOT! oh I am going to whip that bad boy out. I forgot I even had one, was just lamenting the fact that I was running out of ways to prepare meat. Now for recipes.

So had to post a tiny update. Lunch was 3 eggs and a cup of spinach cooked in butter, 3 large cherry tomatoes and 1/2 an avocado. Oh my the fat panic was strong in this one. That is until I stepped on the scale. I have lost 4lbs. Holy. Balls.

I guess I should give everyone an idea of who I am:

27 (where did my 20's go?)

5'3

200lbs (well, now its 195.9)

Female

LOL Well I had the money, but my mom got paid today so she told me I could finally grocery shop last night. I don't have a job currently because I am interning as an interpreter. That is so funny... I CANT WAIT To get back to Denver too! I am moving back in May hopefully, right now I am in Rapid City and I went to college in Sioux Falls.

Colorado is amazing! I was born in Arvada, grew up in Aurora and went to high school for a year and a half in Littleton until we moved to PoDunk SoDak! We have more in common than we originally thought! Where are you from!?

Live Like No One Else

stop_hammertime Guest

Mandabear- I grew up in capitol hill and own a condo there now. I miss the sh!t out of my home town. I moved because I was desperate for a job, and as a nurse hospital experience is important right out of school or else you get stuck in psyc/nursing home work. Knowing what I know now I would have just gone into psyc or corrections and never bothered with hospital work. I absolutely hate it and truly believe it is one of the most miserable jobs on the planet. Most of my co-workers agree. When I get home I plan on working in the Colorado prison system. Good pay, low stress and great need. Many corrections nurses claim felons treat them with more respect than patients ever did. Wow, pent up aggression much? Geez, sorry about the TMI.

Ok folks, down another pound today but SERIOUSLY feeling the low carb flu. Ate no dinner last night and did not want breakfast this morning. Lunch was 4 pieces of bacon (YAY BACON) and 2 eggs with a big ass pile of cooked chopped spinach. Then 1/2 C berries which to my carb starved appetite were pure heaven. I cant wait to feel better, I feel so tired and out of it. I did just 40 kettle bell swings yesterday and my legs have been sore and shaking ever since. Someone tell my genes to do their thing already. I am tired of this. Oddly, I am in no way discouraged. I am still enjoying this very much.

I do fear that I am making this too much Atkins and not enough primal/organic. I am really going to try to work out my finances to afford good quality food and cut out the damn dairy. I am lactose intolerant. I have no reason to be eating dairy. That said I am about to make tikka masala with cream. Whoops. Hope all is well for the other primal lovelies. Ta ta.

hippie_mama is offline Member

4 lbs already!? This is me, being jealous: -_-

Vick is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Be thankful you live paycheck to paycheck. That means you haven't had the need to declare bankruptucy and it allows you eat 3 squares a day.

Be thankful you have a job you hate. It allows you to live paycheck to paycheck. That means you haven't had the need to declare bankruptcy and it allows yous to eat three squares a day.

You have a standard of living that is higher than most in this world. You have the minimun covered. Focus your efforts on improving... and you can achieve your desires.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast