Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how'd 2011 treat you? Did you achieve your goals? Goals for 2012? page

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member

So how'd 2011 treat you? Did you achieve your goals? Goals for 2012?

Shop Now
    I came into 2011 at 6'5" 309lbs with a goal of dropping 5lbs a month. I came into 2012 at 226 and a drop in Pants size from 46 to 36.. I'm 35 and literally broke out my old hunting clothes from high school this deer season. Ridiculous! They've been in a closet for almost 20 years, almost tossed on numerous occasions.

As far as 2012 goals, my wife and I are doing a warrior dash in late April, I'm shooting for a single digit bf% by that date. I figure I need to drop another 15-20 lbs by then to get there.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    2011 was the first year in a long while that I DIDN'T set a goal to lose weight and get healthier. And then I stumbled on pb and went paleo June 1st, so I basically achieved my previous resolutions for weight loss and health by accident.

(for the record, my actual resolutions were to write a draft of a novel and go to more tango classes. Neither worked out very well x/)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    2011 is the year I came back to life, thanks to PB and Robb Wolf. I'm more Primal than Paleo but have learned and benefitted so much from both I can hardly describe it. I knew I needed to change something because I was feeling like shit and looking worse. I can't remember how I stumbled upon this site but I'm sure glad I did.

I went cold turkey, 100% PB in February. Felt better on day one and improved from there, mind and body. By June I was back to my high-school weight of 100 lbs. and stronger than I'd been in 20 years.

The FDA, our (overweight) Surgeon General, big pharma and CW in general can bite my ass & get lockjaw - I don't want anything they're peddling.

2012 is just going to be more of the same.

Uppy is offline Member
    2011 saw the end of a year-long plateau at around 305-310...spent the entire summer doing horribly chronic cardio and getting almost nowhere...stumbled onto this site somehow at the end of September, and through the advice here I did whip myself into good enough shape to do two 5k races. Still around 285-290 or so, but this year should change that. Motivation came back this year.

2012: Crazylegs in April, 5k's throughout the year, Tough Mudder in October, and the goal of under 20% body fat and 260lbs. Also want to get back into throwing, among other things.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    2011 was a pretty below average year for me.

I was bedridden for 18 days in January/February, and just sick for another two weeks around that time.
    In late february, I separated my shoulder skiing.
    Some personal/family issues I won't detail consumed most of July/August/September.
    My brother is going through a divorce.

Here's to a better 2012!

As far as paleo/primal goes...I'm a newbie, so I plan to kick ass this year.

SW : 249
    GW : 199

Would like to reach this by my daughters 3rd birthday, which is in late July.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    2011 was a great year for me goal wise because I found out how to get the improvements I want in my life in a way that I can actually do.

Health and fitness wise that's definitely Primal as every time I go back to eating junk I feel lousy again so for 2012 I'm putting the scales in the shed and my resolution is simply to stay primal for the whole year.

I know it works and I know I feel much better on it so this time when I fancy a chocolate bar (which gives me really bad acid) or a takeaway (which literally made me sick last time I had one) I'm just going to stay on this wagon rather than eat junk which leads me to fall off the wagon completely for the next month.

Main thread of my resolutions for 2012 - actually stick to what I found works for me during 2011.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I ended 2011 by getting angry at myself for still being fat despite exercising. 2 months ago, dropped sugar and white flour, 1 month ago dropped the grains and now over 20 lbs. December started primal and am eating veggies, fruits and meat, and a bit of dairy. LOL last year at this time... I was vegetarian, freaked out over missing a run and weight 20 lbs more.

My goals for 2012:
    Wear a bikini this summer and post a pic for y'all that isn't frightening.

My action steps:
    Lift my body weight 2-3 times a week
    Play every day
    Cook 2 new veggie recipes each week
    Say no to people offering me sugary treats, even if they are homebaked
    Put the time I am saving not running into making a garden
    Buy 50% of my meat and eggs from local sources
    Buy 100% of my dairy from the farmers market- no more supermarket cheese- only the awesome $25 a lb stuff from the market.
    Eat how I have been eating for the past month!

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    In 2011 I went from being 6 foot 340 pounds to around 225 pounds with a body fat of 18.8% as of Dec 31st.

For 2012 I have made a resolution to continue to eat Primal and exercise but to only weigh once a month as I got a bit obsessed with the scale in 2011.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

vontrapp is offline Junior Member
    2011 was a year of breakthrough for me. I started atkins which led me to MDA and me going Primal. After going up and down with my weight despite working out and eating the CW way I couldn't make a dent in my weightloss. But once I ate the bacon I've lost 29lbs!!! 2012 will be the year I get to my goal.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    yep I like that, came back to life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast