Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a book by jack kruse & mark sisson? page

jakey is offline Senior Member

a book by jack kruse & mark sisson?

Shop Now
    THE PRIMAL PRINCIPLES OF OPTIMAL LIVING - Jack Kruse

please tell me this isn't true. mark, please! jack kruse? oy vey.

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    It would be interesting to see which standpoint prevails:

S: It's all about insulin
    K: It's all about leptin

The Leptin Rx thing is certainly compatible with the PB, but I wonder how they're going to reconcile the fundamental differences when it comes to "how/why does it work".

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best. emperor's new clothes, if you ask me.

at least mark could edit the thing and make sense out of it. with effort!

kruse's leptin prescription is scientific hocum. the recommendation to eat a larger, high protein, low carb breakfast is a great one for people trying to lose weight, but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best. emperor's new clothes, if you ask me.

at least mark could edit the thing and make sense out of it. with effort!

kruse's leptin prescription is scientific hocum. the recommendation to eat a larger, high protein, low carb breakfast is a great one for people trying to lose weight, but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.
    +1. I imagined Mark would keep better company.

otzi Guest
    ... but 'reseting' your leptin sounds like a joke to me.
    And "eat meat because that's what Grok would do", isn't?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Did you guys read that article? I think it says a lot about Kruse's thought process. He's a scientist/doctor and thinks like one. That post is kind of his "eye-opener" moment when he realized he could be a creative person. I think that may improve his writing and posts overall. Look at how well that one was structured, for instance! Anyway, books go through a lot of editing, so I'm sure all t he punctuation will be adjusted then

I'm very curious about what they might be writing about though... I would definitely give it a look.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Jakey, the leptin reset works and I am proof of that. Without the reset, I would still have high fasting glucose levels, high BP and hi cholesterol if I did just regular old primal eating. Following the reset does truly help. I lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks with it.
    Georgette

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    THE PRIMAL PRINCIPLES OF OPTIMAL LIVING - Jack Krusei find jack kruse's writing to be rambling, incoherent, self-indulgent, and error-laden at best.
    You're not alone. Just know you are *so* not alone.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    I wonder how they're going to reconcile the fundamental differences when it comes to "how/why does it work".
    What's to reconcile? It's not either/or. Neither leptin nor insulin work in a closed system. Both Mark and Jack know that a system out of balance is not optimal, both seem to be sincere in their desire to help people gain optimal.

Resetting leptin is a misnomer because it's not just about the hormone leptin, as following the program also lowers insulin levels, helps to balance other hormones, teaches one how to monitor lab and micro nutrient levels, emphasizes the importance of restorative sleep and so on. It is not a program for people already in good shape just wanting to live a primal lifestyle. It's more for those who still have a ways to go and have developed some health issues, their problems go deeper than how are they going to achieve that sixpack in the next 3 months.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    You're not alone. Just know you are *so* not alone.
    Just wanted to say it's good to see you posting again, Cillakat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast