Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 2012 (Mikki) page 3

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiB View Post
    I did 12 flights (20 steps/flight) but had to rest after 5 then take it slower. Then when I came down the 3 flights to come home, my legs were shaking! So, my new goal is to do that 12 flights without having to stop and rest!!
    Hi Mikki, that's great! My favorite way to do stairs is at my local waterslide. Hike up to the top, then a quick 20-second break while I slide down, then walk back and up.

Four kids! I can't even handle two! How old are they? My girls are 2.5 and 1 y.o.

Oh and... 3,000 calories? Unless you're very heavy, that monitor sounds out of whack. I had one a while ago and I decided I couldn't go by the absolute number, I would just look at the number relative to other days so I'd know how active my day was on average. But then I realized I didn't need a machine to figure _that_ out.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    I have a 16 year old daughter, and boys age 9 and 7 year old twins. My daughter is a big help. Whether she likes it or not LOL.

I love your stair approach ... if I could afford Great Wolf Lodge with 4 kids, I'd to it

Saturday, Jan 7

Weight: 183.2
    Sleep: 11-ish to 7:30, but bad dream in the 'extra' 90 minutes of sleep this morning. it's hardly worth it if I'm just gonna have bad dreams

Menu plan:
    coffee, lots of coffee
    bacon and eggs of some sort for breakfast
    if I get hungry for lunch, leftover beef stew. it turned out pretty good (I'm an insecure cook 'cuz hubby is so good!)
    dinner, not sure yet

Exercise: lift heavy things, wash my car

Fun/play/relax: it's supposed to be a really nice day so I'd like to something outside...

Schedule:
    make breakfast for family; take lights off xmas tree and haul it out to the curb by 10:00. Start laundry, wrap presents for birthday party.
    I have about 2 hours of consulting work to do, then about 4 hours or so working on my manuscript. I wrote my to-do list for finishing it yesterday, and I've got 10 tasks to complete. If I can knock out 5 today and 5 tomorrow, I'll have somthing ready to circulate for review. This is, hands-down, the hardest paper I've tried to write. Most of what I do for work if pretty clear - "we looked at outcomes of this group of transplant patients, did these standard statistics, and here are the results". This paper is going to be setting out the intellectual framework for how I'm looking at cancer genetics in a completely new way from what others have been doing for the last 10 years, AND setting out the logic for the novel statistical approach that we are using, AND explaining how my results are biologically reasonable and how it adds to our understanding of cancer. In 12 pages or so.

Wellll, I'd better get to it , I'll check in later and tell you how well all my good intentions went

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    And is it just me, or does 'puta' sound vaguely naughty???
    Oh, it is. After reading primal4fifty's post, I googled it and found a recipe (4 1/2 stars too!) Here's what I found It is Italian

"Named after the Italian ladies of the night, this sauce goes well with any type of spaghetti."

Ingredients
    8 ounces pasta
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 cups chopped tomatoes, pushed through a sieve
    4 anchovy filets, rinsed and chopped
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    3 tablespoons capers
    20 Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Hi Dave! PUFA's - polyunsaturated fatty acids - basically all the vegetables oils that we've been told are the 'best' for all these years... are Death on Wheels!! almost all commercial salad dressings are made with them - canola, soybean, etc. they are extremely inflammatory, so it's better to make your own dressings. I'm busy/lazy (take your pick ), so I use a seasoning packet instead of mixing my own seasonings. If you go for a packet, get a name brand because the all the store brands I've looked at have MSG and other assorted chemicals.
    OK, so I read this before going to whole foods yesterday looking for macademia nut butter. I couldn't find any without some sort of vegetable oil added. I finally opted for expreller pressed safflower oil. How did I do?

I know macadamia nut butter is recommended over peanut butter....What are people buying?

Quote Originally Posted by dave155 View Post
    OK, so I read this before going to whole foods yesterday looking for macademia nut butter. I couldn't find any without some sort of vegetable oil added. I finally opted for expreller pressed safflower oil. How did I do?

I know macadamia nut butter is recommended over peanut butter....What are people buying?
    sorry - "*Safflower oil has more PUFA than any other available oil."

The only fats we use are lard (we save the drippings from our nitrate-free, uncured bacon), ghee (we boil the solids off of unsalted organic butter), almond oil, coconut oil and olive oil. OK, not quite, once or twice a year we deep fry something in peanut oil, but that's very rare
    Also, don't cook with olive oil, only eat it cold, as in salad dressings...

I admit I still like peanut butter, but I feel guilty about it LOL. I've never tried macadamia nut butter. Almond butter isn't bad...
    Last edited by MikkiB; 01-07-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: how could I forget coconut oil???!

Crap, I bought a whole jar and don't have the receipt Thanks for the info though.

Well, yesterday was EPIC FAIL

Hubby didn't want to take the boys to their b'day party because he thought it would be all moms there ... so I got the morning chores done, worked for half an hour, then took them. So far so good.

Then they brought out the pizza. Now, normally I can pass things by because I know they'll make me sick. But not this time. I ended up having 2 pieces of pizza (it was delicious) AND a piece of the chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting (also delicious). I had an enzyme pill when I got home and it actually didn't make me that sick, but still!!!!

Once we got home, the clouds were coming in so we got my car hand-washed right away then I took it to through the carwash down the street. Then, having a rare moment of time to myself, I couldn't resist taking her for a spin down my favorite "racing road" (a twisty little road with lots of S curves rated at 20 and 30 mph that I take at about 50 in my Evo) ... fun

Got home, the whole family had fired up their respective favorite computer and playstation games, so instead of virtously working on my manuscript, I poured myself a whisky and fired up a new game of Skyrim. Once it got dark, Bill (hubby) took Braedon out to teach him how to build a fire in the firepit, so I joined them and we hung out for a while learning about the awesome fire-starting potential of gasoline, checking out the planets, and cooking up some steaks. After dinner, the boys played more computer games while Faith (16yo) hung out with me and we traded ghost stories and some of her memories of spooky things from her childhood that she'd never told me before. then she realized that she had a fever (she's been coughing all day), and we reminisced (if that's the right word) about other times that she'd been sick and she said some pretty sweet things about how the last time she was home sick from school at her dad's house, she'd wished that I was there just to hang out and be with her because I'd always been there to take care of her when she was sick.

Then Braedon decided he wanted to watch Apollo 18 so we fired that up - that is a weird-ass movie, like the Blair Witch project of space movies

OK, now that I think about it, it was a pretty awesome day. I can get my work done later

Sunday, January 8

I was up from 4-6am this morning and never got any energy. I've been grumpy and out of sorts all day, worked for 2 hours but didn't really accomplish much.

Had leftover steak for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch, but also snacked on chocolate kisses and a coke. sigh.

I'm not sure if I'm fighting off the cold that Faith has had, am feeling crappy from the wheat yesterday, or both, but today has turned into a very low-key, non-productive day. No exercise.

OK, it's officially, and retrospectively a rest day ... I'll kick back tonight, and try to hit the ground running tomorrow!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Sunday, January 8

I was up from 4-6am this morning and never got any energy. I've been grumpy and out of sorts all day, worked for 2 hours but didn't really accomplish much.

Had leftover steak for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch, but also snacked on chocolate kisses and a coke. sigh.

I'm not sure if I'm fighting off the cold that Faith has had, am feeling crappy from the wheat yesterday, or both, but today has turned into a very low-key, non-productive day. No exercise.

OK, it's officially, and retrospectively a rest day ... I'll kick back tonight, and try to hit the ground running tomorrow!
    Hmm, maybe it was the wild night of whiskey and Skyrim?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast