Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal 2012 (Mikki) page 2

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just have to say that i think with 4 kids, a job, and a PhD in the hopper you are AMAZING!! and yeah, diet soda is way scarier than whiskey, any day. warm regards, L

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Aww, thanks. I needed that this morning LOL. Sometimes I think I'm just bat-shit crazy to even try to do my dissertation, but somehow the important stuff always gets done - mostly because I have an amazing supportive husband! hopefully I can finish this year!

Friday, January 6

TGIF!

Weight - 183.6
    Sleep -11-6:30, but not quality Again. sigh. Hopefully I can catch up a bit on the weekend!

Menu plan:
    2 cups coffee
    peanut butter on celery
    taco meat w/melted cheddar and sour cream
    Edit: gonna make the beef stew because we need to cook up that meat today

Exercise: I'm feeling like I'm fighting off a cold - congested, itchy eyes, runny nose, no energy. So today is going to be another "lots of slow movement" day.

Schedule:
    Up at 6:30 (oops)
    Work 8:00-1:00 -I've been working 9 hr days so I can leave early today Goals: research quantitative proteomics, meeting at 10, work on project
    Chores: take boys to Target for birthday gifts for tomorrow, do CVS shopping trip because I have $11 in coupons that expire tomorrow, go to grocery for meatza supplies, finish taking decorations and lights off Xmas tree so it can be picked up tomorrow.

Mood: tired, grumpy, whiff of PMS. hopefully once I get caught up in work tasks I'll get my head on straight
    Last edited by MikkiB; 01-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Mikki, thanks for stopping by my journal and commenting. It was encouraging. You mentioned PUTA (or something like that) in salad dressing. What is that?

Keep on rockn'

Dave

Hi Dave! PUFA's - polyunsaturated fatty acids - basically all the vegetables oils that we've been told are the 'best' for all these years... are Death on Wheels!! almost all commercial salad dressings are made with them - canola, soybean, etc. they are extremely inflammatory, so it's better to make your own dressings. I'm busy/lazy (take your pick ), so I use a seasoning packet instead of mixing my own seasonings. If you go for a packet, get a name brand because the all the store brands I've looked at have MSG and other assorted chemicals.

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    Putas go in puttanesca, silly boy (that's right... head on over to the google italian dictionary... tee hee hee)
    You make me smile, Mik! And damn, you are productive girl! L

Hah, not today i'm not. Let's see... severe internet outages at work so I didn't get to work on my project ... talked the boys into re-gifting some things they had gotten and never opened, so we don't have to go to the store, decided to make beef stew out of meat that had to be cooked today, so avoided ALL the store trips. It's not even 4:00 and I'm in my sweatpants, letting the crockpot do all the work, and trying to talk myself out of glass of harvest wine LOL.

I REALLY need to read through my manurscript critically and make a list of what still needs to be done while I wait for my director's edits. Hopefully it is close because he wanted it submitted a month ago!! It's going to be a significant portion of my dissertation and I'd like to get it submitted so I can actually start writing chapters - we've been hoping I could be done in June but that is coming up FAST!!

And is it just me, or does 'puta' sound vaguely naughty???

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiB View Post
    And is it just me, or does 'puta' sound vaguely naughty???

Well, it is naughty in Spanish I understand about crazy. When I got pregnant with my 4yr old I decided to finally go back to school to finish my Bachelor's. Right when I went back full time I got pregnant with my 2yr old. He was born 1 week before the fall semester started, and I was in class that first day. It has been a hectic crazy nightmare trying to get though school; I should have been done last summer, but some stuff happened... anyway I should finally be done this May with 4 teaching certifications. I can't wait to be done and finally have a job again.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good for you!! It is so hard to study with BABIES, wow!! I didn't go back to school until the twins were 1 LOL. Good luck finishing this semester!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast