Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JKY's Primal Journal! page

jky Guest

JKY's Primal Journal!

Primal Fuel

Okay folks, I need to get serious about this. I've been half-a$$ing it. Other people's journals inspire me. If you can do it, so can I! I welcome comments/suggestions (as well as motivation) throughout my journey. After today's non-primal failure, I need a source of accountability, and here it is. Yay!

Let me at least start out positive by posting tomorrow's intended day, and I will report back.

B: 2 eggs, tbsp vegetable oil, flax meal, some kind of cooked vegetable

S: 1/2 cup full fat yogurt (trying to wean off dairy slowly...), handful of cherry tomatoes and carrots

L: Big salad with 3 oz tuna and olive oil/lemon juice

S: Maybe cottage cheese?

D: Some kind of meat and cooked vegetable

Try to finish the day with glass of coconut milk

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, 2 sausage links, zucchini cooked in tbsp oil; a few cherry tomatoes with hummus; coffee with heavy cream

L: 1 deviled egg (used a dab of mayo and relish) and some pepperoni; chicken soup with carrots, onions, and some chicken breast; 5 pieces of dried fruit; tea with skim milk (stomach felt too heavy for more cream)

S: 1 serving of smoked almonds; 1 diet sierra mist (rare occurance)

D: 1 serving pecans (probably too many nuts at this point); 2 bowls of tomato-base shrimp stew with vegetables and 2 tbsp cream added; small salad with creamy dressing; 1 pc dried fruit (too much fruit by now, too)

30 min upper body strength training/cardio

jky Guest

Made a dessert of sorts...blended raspberries, a little heavy cream, coconut milk, and splenda together. Froze for an hour. It was okay, but more like a fruit sorbet than ice cream. I also had somewhat non primal dessert nibbles...ahem...to be discontinued.

jky Guest

Argh, pretzels last night = bad. Plan: replace with veggies!

B: Coffee with milk, 2 pc dried fruit, pancakes (made with 2 eggs, flaxmeal, oil, butter, cinnamon, splenda), and a tiny bit of lite syrup

S: Pepperoni, brie, carrots and cherry tomatoes

L: 1 pc dried fruit, 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt, tbsp almond butter (was not hungry for some reason...), a few dark chocolate pcs

D: 5 oz keilbasa, broccoli, small pc sweet potato, a few green olives, 3 oz red wine

2 cookies..eek...snowed in with cookies is not a good idea.

45 min shoveling snow!

jky Guest

I gotta say I felt terrible today. Those pretzels...I really cannot digest that stuff at ALL. And my skin breaks out when I eat that or other sugar based stuff. Gives me more motivation to avoid it.

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, zucchini, 1 pc keilbasa cooked in tbsp oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa powder and cream/milk

S: V8 (low sodium), hard boiled egg (made a batch of these last night, yay!) These eggs are replacing my typical snack of cheese...

L: 4-5 oz kielbasa, side salad w/ creamy dressing, tbsp almond butter

S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a few raisins

(1 small cookie from a coworker...)

D: 5 pc flank steak, 1 small pc sweet potato, salad with oil and vinegar, avocado slices, some sour cream, a dab of ketchup

A few pcs of dried fruit for dessert, 1 small pc dark chocolate, and a few sips of wine (not a full glass this time)

Better day than yesterday! Felt MUCH better today!

jky Guest

Also had a few olives and first time ever...tasted a bit of my new coconut oil! So delicious...mmm...will be cooking my eggies in this tomorrow. I got the unrefined Whole Foods brand (365).

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, zucchini, flax, 1 pc kielbasa cooked in oil and butter; coffee with unsweet cocoa/milk/cream

S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a few craisins, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, boiled egg, low sodium V8, tbsp almond butter

L: 3 oz kielbasa and veggies cooked in tbsp coconut oil, some almond meal crackers I made (cool!), 1 pc dry peach, 1 pc dark chocolate, a few pieces pepperoni, 1 pc brie (high fat cheese, yay)

S: 1 crustless quiche (made a big batch)...had egg, turkey bacon, sour cream (full fat), cheese (low fat...was in the house), spinach, and spices.

D: Steak, shrimp and salad (a little regular ranch and cheese on top...also 1 bite of bread slathered with butter)...I am REALLY FULL.

jky Guest

***Had a few pieces of sliced, frozen banana with almond butter last night...makes a fabulous dessert.

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, cauliflower, and flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

jky Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

To continue above post...

***Had a few pieces of sliced, frozen banana with almond butter last night...makes a fabulous dessert.

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, cauliflower, and flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

L: 3 turkey meatballs with some red sauce and mushrooms, almond crackers with regular cream cheese, a few frozen banana slices with almond butter

D: Almond crackers with regular cream cheese, olives, 2 prunes

D: Big salad: lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, Italian meats, oil and vinegar

***50 mins upper body strength training***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast