Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JKY's Primal Journal! page 2

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, 2 breakfast sausages, zucchini, mushroom, and flax cooked in tbsp coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream; 1 prune

S: beef jerky, almond crackers with regular cream cheese; coffee with unsweet cocoa and cream

L: salad with turkey, pepperoni, olives, and oil/vinegar

D: 1/2 rack ribs (a few dabs of bbq sauce), sauteed mushrooms, salad with veggies/bacon/ a little ranch

A few frozen banana slices with tbsp almond butter

I felt better today and more full...no hunger...did good with more fat intake today.

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, 2 sausages, zucchini, flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream

S: baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, tbsp almond butter

L: 3 turkey meatballs with mushrooms and red sauce; salad with oil and vinegar

S: 2 muffin-sized quiches (egg, spinach, turkey bacon, sour cream, cheese), small handful of trail mix; small cup of coffee; clementine.....eek, half a protein bar at work...didn't pack enough food and was starving.

D: salmon with a little soy sauce and a few drops of honey, some mixed vegetables, salad with olive oil/vinegar/olives, glass of coconut milk, 1 prune

Had a little full fat yogurt but too much fruit...which caused more sugar cravings. Need more fat. Yes, go fat.

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Good job on keeping tabs on your meals. On your last post I noticed that in your afternoon snack you said "didn't pack enough food and was starving". Baby carrots contain a nice bit of sugar so make sure you are limiting those at first. Other possible triggers could have been the clementine and the coffee. I had to really limit my coffee because I found it raised my insulin and made me feel really hungry. Monitor how you feel after your coffee for a few days to make sure it is not causing unnecessary hunger/cravings.

Good job on trying to get a lot of fat. Hope everything continues good for you.

jky Guest

Thanks!

Would decaf coffee do the same thing to insulin?

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Honestly, I am having a hard time finding an answer for that. I am not sure if it is the caffeine or the coffee itself, but I'm thinking caffeine? Maybe try one morning regular and one morning decaf to see if there is a different. But beware you might get a nasty headache if you all of a sudden completely cut out caffeine. eeek!

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs and flax cooked in tbsp coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream

L: 4 turkey meatballs with mushrooms and red sauce; baby carrots; tbsp almond butter

Sigh...again, not enough food...had some yogurt and trail mix. Cottage cheese with some dry fruit, 1/2 protein bar.

D: 3 crab cakes, green beans with olive oil, salad with olive oil/vinegar. Very satisfying with all that oil, yum. Glass of coconut milk.

***I'm thinking about getting protein powder just for a mid-morning shake made with coconut milk...so I don't fall off the wagon and eat a lot of sugar...but I have to find lactose-free, soy-free, gluten-free!***

jky Guest

B: 2 hard boiled eggs with a little mayo

L: cabbage salad with chicken and dressing; SF latte with skim milk

S: cottage cheese, berries, coconut shredded

D: ***had very little appetite for dinner***

1/2 avocado, olives, turkey pepperoni, coconut milk

jky Guest

Ugh...tried real coconut milk, the canned kind. It smelled like glue and made me queasy for most of the night. How do you guys eat that???

jky Guest

B: 2 eggs, spinach, flax cooked in coconut oil; coffee with cocoa and cream

S: baby carrots with tbsp almond butter; a little coffee with cream at work

L: bowl of shrimp/turkey stew with vegetables (cooked in coconut oil and olive oil added); salad with olives and olive oil/vinegar

S: cottage cheese with raspberries and a little coconut milk; a little trail bix

D: tuna cakes, broccoli, salad with olives/olive oil

jky Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Fitday for above day:

1800 calories

63% fat (130 grams)

22% protein (99 grams)

15% carbs (69 grams)

Should I be eating more calories if I'm not THAT active and female, 5'4.5", 135 pounds?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast