Oen Guest

Primal Fuel

Would marijuana be considered primal?

rsgrice is offline Junior Member

Only if you share.

Oen Guest

Haha, nice response.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Well, it's not the *healthiest* thing considering you are burning plant material and inhaling it, but everyone knows that. Vaporizer maybe?

Technically, tribal man has been seeking altered states of consciousness for many thousands of years whether through drugs, drumming, chanting, or dance. Let me tell you, there definitely is a "Primal" feeling to getting super-stoned or taking a large quantity of mushrooms.

Don't get me wrong, I do NOT party with drugs (except alcohol as that is socially accepted), and I do NOT use addictive substances. I DO on rare occasions take psychedelics either by myself or with one or two friends to dig inside myself and learn something new, or gain a fresh perspective on happenings in my life.

I no longer smoke marijuana, though, as I've found that it tends to derail my primal efforts when a serious case of the munchies hits me...haha.

vonterschpe Guest

Its totally primal. Can you think of a more natural medicine besides food itself? All the people who use it for actual medical uses can grow it themselves. I mean its right on par with a vegetable garden!

John R Guest

"Can you think of a more natural medicine besides food itself?"

Yeah: Opium, which was one of the very first domesticated plants. I wouldn't really recommend more than very occasional use of either if fitness is your goal, but YMMV.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I would say it's primal just like oregano is primal, but smoking it? I'm not sure if that should be worked into the Primal Blueprint.

I have nothing against it and it affects everybody differently, unfortunately it affected me by making me pack on the pounds. I gained over 20 lbs when I was getting stoned all the time. Even now that I try to eat more primal/paleo if I smoke I stop caring about my diet and reach for the nearest tub of ice cream and conquer it like I would a wildebeast in the wild.

I do NOT recommend it if losing body fat/weight is your goal, if you're trying to gain weight and you can manage to eat sensibly/responsibly when high I don't see too much harm. Just don't let it get to a point where you get excited if plans fall through because it means you get to spend some alone time with Mary Jane.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'd say it's as Primal as tobacco...

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

It's great with strength training. Really reinforces the mind-muscle connection.

Kane Guest

Sarcasm there Erik?

I think anything that can grow naturally is primal. I have and occasionally do use the stuff. If it wasn't for the smoking of it, I would feel a lot more relaxed about it (Recently quit tobacco, don't want to ever start again).

From a paleolithic view, is there any research into Marijuana in the past?

My friends and I were planning to make a 'weed tea'. Closest to primal I think were going to get!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast