Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana page 6

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Shop Now

Underwaterer- "Knew" him? Mmm, more like "met" him on several occations/parties. I love his writing, in person he really went out of his way to be a dick, as a method for discouraging idolization.

my2001miata- BwaaahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... oh dear, I am laughing AT you, not with you. I used to get high in the woods so often, it was not even a consideration. In fact, my favorite thing to do was walk into the woods until I was lost, spark up, and then find my way out again. hahaha... 'fatal'. Yeah, in a COMIC BOOK.

barryman9000- Anacedotally the hippie parents of my friends all told me that the pot we smoked together was FAR more potent than what they were used to in the 60's. I am sure that selective breeding, manicuring of the plants, and controlled cultivation are simply more common place now than back then, but 'meh'.

ny2001miata is offline Junior Member

DarthFriendly - yeah, I'm sure that's true, nobody ever got drunk or high in the woods, stumbled and got injured and never made it home. Nature is very forgiving when it comes to stupidity. Maybe the next time I work on the roof I'll bring a pitcher of martinis. What could happen?

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

knew? huh? I said yay for fungi.. I can see how easily comments and posters can be confused. Can't wait for the new forum....

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

LilMike is offline Junior Member

Would love a recipe for special primal brownies.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

@ny2001miata - Alcohol is far more intoxicating than marijuana, so your martinis on a roof comparison is basically null.

@Diana - Interesting, sure, but don't take it for fact. Just remember that many of MDA's views are based on the fact that correlation does not equal causation. For instance, people with psychological issues prone to psychosis are more likely to live on the fringes of society, and since marijuana is illegal, it's availability and use is higher in the fringes. Or how about, people with psychological issues that were previously undiagnosed or not fully developed may be more likely to self-medicate with marijuana in an attempt to control their problems.

Just food for thought.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Sister Grok Guest

Flash,

As someone with a close friend and two not so close friends that are schizophrenic (all potheads), I couldn't have said it better, thanks.

Besides, the article is from Fox "News"

magnus84 is offline Member

**I refer to dumbass teenagers on youtube smoking salvia, but I should be clear. These people tripping balls on video are often smoking or ingesting anywhere from 80X up to 200X the natural dose. They are, in effect, adventurers looking for a thrill and are getting a perfectly safe, legal, and beautiful plant banned around the country**

I use salvia once a year. Legal in my area (for now, stupid kids get on youtube and overreact for show and now everyone thinks salvia is some crazy-psycho-hallucinogen)

The salvia use is part of meditation, a reflection on the year, and a departure. Not looking for anything in particular, no spirit journeys. After trying it once with a friend, the brief moment of hallucinogenic bliss, followed by a few hours of weed like calm, but without the paranoia, laziness, or munchies: it won me over. You spend the time in dim lighting, or surrounded by something pleasant and indulge in quiet contemplation. This last time I actually did yoga (which I hate because I am not flexible), I loved the brain release.

I'm with those that are for the legalization of marijuana but I am not a user. I tried it once as an undergrad in college and that was enough for me.

The one thing I love about the pot heads in Austin is that after losing the fight to legalize marijuana, they fight like mad men to keep Texas from outlawing Salvia.(Texas is Draconian, if you have a previous conviction of any kind including major misdemeanors, there are still laws on the books here that can send you to prison for life... without possibility of parole at the judges discretion, the only exception to the three strike rule. Thankfully it rarely gets invoked)

Every year a new attempt is made, every year it's stopped in its tracks. But with more states outlawing it (thanks to dumbass teenagers on youtube), it might just be a matter of time in Texas.

Not done yet...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I've been fuzzing with quitting. I should and want to quit. I get ALL the praise weed gets but in my life, I shouldn't allow it for a number of reasons. The most relevant for MDA readers is that it makes me eat shit, it doesn't MAKE ME but it turns off my "don't eat that!" response and I look forward to indulging in non primal snacks.

I smoked yesterday after fighting the urge for hours and I had chips for the first time since going primal and now I feel pretty bad about it. I know the 80/20 rule could apply here and that it isn't the end of the world, but it sent a strong message to me about what further changes I need to make in my primal journey, letting go of marijuana has to be one of them. It's unfortunate that I don't have the mental fortitude to embrace some the benefits and fight off the negative aspects.

I'm replacing (hate to put it like that) weed with tea which I've become a big fan of, unsweetened tea rules and I'm going to buy some at Teavana later today. My job can be long and sometimes stressful and I've "medicated" by smoking when I got off work, it's become too habitual and it feels more like a crutch. I don't pay attention to the things I need to do if I'm high. I wish I could be like the functional folks I read about but I'm not and it's important to accept and understand that and act accordingly. I think there's space in my life for it as a once in a blue moon actually RECREATIONAL drug, not an every other day, just because it's there thing. Feel lame admitting this, but I never do anything great or fun when I'm stoned either, I always end up in front of a tv or playing a video game and inevitably munching on garbage. I've even tried making primal snacks and once I wolf those down I'll reach for a pint of ice cream or something. No more, need to get a hold of my consciousness and keep my mind fresh, use the time after work to wind down with some tea and work on my studies and other duties. I need to start applying for big boy jobs for after May when I graduate and I can't go into it with a traceable drug in my system.

Sorry for the long post + the bump of an old thread, but I needed to write this for myself, to keep myself accountable and to present to anybody reading this and saying to themselves "yeah, weed is primal!" to be wary, if it works for you that's great, but if you're like me you may want to watch your level of indulgence.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast