Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana page 4

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

You can also leave it soaking for a couple of months in your distilled beverage of choice. Toasting has never been that fun.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Green Dragon

bruce.b is offline Member

Erik,

My first post was a rant and was too strong. That probably set the stage for some of the responses. Almost everything is dose dependent. A little pot once in a while is like having a drink or cigg once in a while, it's not going to have any great impact. I just don't feel drugs are a part of the discussion about a healthy lifestyle and I think it would be pretty bad if anyone coming on this site came away with the opinion that they are *primal*.

Yes, the radioactive substance line was a bit over the top, but I could have used any of hundreds of drugs that might help in a specific medical situation but would be a bad idea to use for fun.

Interestingly, some people claim low dose radioactivity is good for you and I believe they even have some evidence to back up their claims. There is a cave out west that's somewhat radioactive and people travel from all over to go sit in it for a period of time and make all sorts of health claims. I assume this one is dose dependent..... ha, ha.

bruce b.

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

I grew up in the 60s and 70s. Almost everyone I knew smoked pot. I was always a bit counter-culture, so I did not, just to be rebellious I think. Know what is worse than being in a room full of drunks if you're not drinking? Being in a room full of pot-heads when you're not smoking. Never saw the appeal but to each his own.

Stabby is offline Senior Member

I used to smoke pot and do a lot of other drugs. Since then I have discovered the natural high of amazing health and fitness and I don't think I could ever go back to that stuff, other than maybe LSD and Mushrooms occasionally. I like to be sharp as a tact and marijuana definitely doesn't contribute to that for me. I eat like Grok, I don't think like him!

If it works for you, go ahead with it. It's obviously doing some damage but you may be willing to contend with that.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Just boil it in some butter and make some cookies.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Just boil it in some butter...
    YEAH!

...and make some cookies.
    uhhhhh...?

Kryz is offline Junior Member

lbd: I disagree...I've had a much better time in a room full of high people when I wasn't high than in a room full of drunk people when I wasn't drunk.

I've only been high once but it was an enjoyable experience, and I see nothing wrong with the occasional indulgence. I didn't really get intense munchies, either - I craved chocolate and peanut butter and ended up having a square of chocolate even though I could've gorged on a big bar of it.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

Robert Anton Wilson told me to mix it into some cake mix, or cookie dough one time where we were getting high at a party. I used to smoke it about once a year to remind me of why I quit. (I used to be a 3 pack a day man... that's alot of condoms...) (A-hem... I used to smoke weed on a schedual, on the hour every hour. It got old.)

As other's have mentioned mixing it in with a fat, or steeping it in alcohol would be less harmful to your health, than inhaling the burning fumes. Not so sure about the alcohol, but since PB'ers are all about the fats, mixing with Ghee, coconut butter, or using it in a "spice rub" for a fatty meal would all seem to be on the "primal" tip. Ganja, and Ghee is known as Bhang and is quite traditional in India. It has to be heated to mix with the fats properly. (I've had it in ghee, coco oil, and booze.) The efffect takes longer to show up, but is usually stronger when eaten than when smoked.

I think I read somewhere that the "munchies" are related to a drop in blood sugar, but I was high at the time, and went out to find a bowl of fruit loops, or seven, so I didn't finish the article. So that should be a consideration.

Still, been years since I've used it, and a decade since I used it regularly. I didn't find it physically addictive, pretty much quitting daily use overnight, and then curtailing social use to about once a year, and then nothing with no noticible effect. I'd usually feel pretty fatigued the next day after use, which is one reason I stopped. Not conducive to getting anything useful done, unless I needed a burst of imagination (which thankfully I have in great supply already.) Didn't lead to any "gateway" drug use, and probably spared me from alcohol consumption. I found it to be enjoyable, but a too convenient crutch for my already existing personality flaws. (Pot didn't make me lazy, it just made my laziness alot more fun.)

If I make it to 70, 80, maybe 90, I might consider indulging in it again, but for now it's not part of my life.

Athena is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Gonna be legal here in CA in November, Im gonna have a primal party, all you are invited! :-D

@Bruce- I have to disagree with your first post. I know several people with MS and cancer that can live a semi-normal life because they can get marijuana medicinally. Makes you lazy? Micheal Phelps smokes pot every once in awhile, is he lazy? Not to mention the 3 smartest people I know smoke pot on a regular basis (one is in med school, the other is training in neural science, the other is in law school with me). I dont agree with you at all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast