Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana page 3

Kane Guest

Primal Fuel

@ Bruce & Northen Monkey

You both make really good points, and I never recommend to anyone else to start using it. I just have a nice social time with my friends with it, and I always wake up early and get down the gym.

It is however destructive to health, so I wont be using it in the long term.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Bruce,

I obtain my cannabis legally, through a certified dispensary. Everything's locally grown and organic - no cartel support here.

In fact, I got my license because cannabis was the only thing that enabled pain-free training (I had a nice chunk of cartilage go missing from my left knee). I've since recovered, thanks to intelligent rehab and a non-inflammatory Primal diet, and I can squat, run, and play without pain and without the weed.

The cannabis was, and is, merely a helpful tool in my recovery - as it is for millions of others. And that's a beautiful thing, regardless of what the DARE program says. It was anything but a net "negative" for my health and fitness. I'm living proof that it can indeed be a part of a healthy lifestyle.

It can be abused, of course, like anything. I'd suggest you direct your ire toward rancid polyunsaturated fats and sugar instead, for they're far bigger killers.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

As far as the "support drug cartels" goes: while that is a 'good' point, realize that our prison INDUSTRY is the only reason that these cartels exist as they do.

People like to smoke pot, lots of people (more than most realize) (I am not one, as it makes me nauseous and I am a singer). You can incarcerate way more people for marijuana sale/possession than murder, and it just turns out for the people that run the prisons (and the local and national drug task forces) that filling prison with people that partake of a relatively harmless substance (far less detriment than alcohol) is extremely profitable.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

[quote]

our prison INDUSTRY is the only reason that these cartels exist as they do.
    </blockquote>

Ditto. Drug prohibition is the cartels&#39; best friend.

I don&#39;t see why pot shouldn&#39;t be considered as a sensible vice together with booze as long as it&#39;s consumed properly and wisely.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Geoff is offline Member

SS - Chris Rock hit on that one here

Caution:

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

CONTAINS ADULT LANGUAGE

I agree that the United States&#39; drug laws should be changed rather dramatically, but until they are, keep your conduct legal or risk the consequences.

Most of the cannabis I&#39;ve seen floating around our little town is definitely home-grown. It&#39;s a farming community for goodness-sake.

I think it&#39;s silly of the government to &#39;ban&#39; a plant, but I also don&#39;t want to partake of anything that could give me a criminal record, especially since I have children.

Legality aside, smoking it can&#39;t be good for the lungs, so that&#39;s not a good thing.

Lack of motivation is a factor for some people, but not all. It does create the "what the heck" type of munchies, so it&#39;s definitely a possible &#39;stumbling block&#39; to any and all progress into full &#39;PB&#39;.

bruce.b is offline Member

The original question I assumed was about smoking it for pleasure. It doesn&#39;t fit into the context of the discussion that this list is about, improving health. Smoking pot is not healthy, that&#39;s really the end of the story for me. Whether it has medicinal uses, and it obviously does, is a completely different issue.

All that other stuff people wrote about I mostly agree. I think it&#39;s beyond stupid to put people in prison for possession. I even think it should be legalized, like alcohol & tobacco.

As far as directing my ire towards rancid polyunsaturated fats, I *hate* em! Down with Rancid Polyunsaturated Fats! They should be illegal.

bruce b.

Double-A is offline Junior Member

"Whether it has medicinal uses, and it obviously does, is a completely different issue."

Is it? Health is relative - if smoking marijuana can be considered medicinal, it is bringing you to a higher &#39;state&#39; of health. Thus making it healthy.

Supplementing is considered healthy, unless you over supplement... then it&#39;s poison.

Smoking marijuana may have detrimental effects on your respiratory system, but maybe it helps you suppress glaucoma? Or maybe it allows you to relax, or find some sort of &#39;calm within the storm&#39;. These momentary reprieves may, in the end, outweigh the deleterious effects of the smoke.

Also: primal-pot brownies. &#39;Nuff said.

bruce.b is offline Member

>>>>"Whether it has medicinal uses, and it obviously does, is a completely different issue."<<<<

>>Is it? << Yes

Radioactive materials are used to treat cancer. I wouldn&#39;t want to consume them recreationally.

bruce b.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Bruce, I think we see eye to eye in the big scheme of things, but c&#39;mon - that&#39;s a terrible analogy.

Can you point to irrefutable evidence that recreational - not chronic - use of cannabis is as harmful as radioactive material consumption?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast