Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana page 2

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

It's Primal in that psychedelic plant use by people is really old; probably older than agriculture. It wasn't recreational, though, but ritual and so always used in a highly structured enviroment. Most psychedelics are considered by indegenous people to posesses powerful "spirits" as paraphrased by iniQuity above.

@ Kane - I believe historical use of marijuana is well documented, going pretty far into the past. Check out Michael Pollan's "Botany of Desire". It was one of the plants he profiled.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I don't think Erik was joking, I've known of many people that do weight train while high and they do supposedly feel more of a connection between their neural system and their muscles. Never done it myself, I feel I'd drop a weight on my head then laugh about it.

I've also read about BJJ practitioners in Brazil having days where they'll smoke then roll (spar) for a few hours. I think if you're the type of individual that can handle the hunger, or eat sensibly it's NOT the worst thing you can be doing. It's not for me because I don't have enough self control.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

vonterschpe Guest

two things.

1. If you dont have Ice cream in your house, and only have good healthy food, then what are you afraid of? When I used to smoke, and knew I was gonna probably be smoking in the evening, I would just fast for the day. That way if (when) you succomb to the munchies you can only eat good/healthy/primal food and you can eat a lot too.

2. This is at iniQuity. You're very right about Jiu Jitsu. That was one of my most favorite things to do high. I was so creative and would come up with this crazy stuff that actually worked. It was very awesome.

For all the runners people who enjoy working out, I loved doing that high too. Its amazing to start out on a run, jog a little bit, do some interval sprints, slow down a bit, jog to cool down, then walk back. As the endorphins kick in I would always just have these crazy deep thoughts and just really enjoy the atmosphere. Some of the coolest alone time I've ever had was on these run/walks.

gregandbeaker is offline Junior Member

Well, we all have specific receptors in our brains, liver, and kidneys that bind with THC and a few of the other cannabinoids found in cannabis. This would suggest an evolutionary adaptation to cannabis usage. THC is fat soluble, and when ingested in the presence of fat provides the same effects as smoking it. The seeds provide a very "paleolithic" mix of omega-3's and omega-6's as well as protein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid_receptor

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

No sarcasm at all. Try it!

As for weed tea, as long as you simmer the cannabis in some sort of fat - like heavy cream - to extract the cannabinoids, you should be fine.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

@vonter, I'm not sure if your first comment was directed at me but if it was then you definitely have a point, if there's only primal foods to be had then I shouldn't worry about the hunger but unfortunately I live at home with a non primal family. I have my own space to store my groceries but it's not like there's a lock on their side of the fridge/pantry so that's why my munchies can be very negative.

I've only ever done a bit of muay thai after smoking but it was about 2 hours after so I didn't feel many effects. I've never even though about doing any athletic stuff under the influence. If I do it it's mostly at night to relax and do typical stoner stuff such as watch tv, play video games, etc, sounds childish admittedly but there's something very calming about it too. I like to write and do some productive stuff too it's not all just fun and games but never exercise, maybe I'll try it sometime.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

The problem with using that as a pre-workout ritual is your pain perception. Whether you know or not the weed can cover up pains from the workout, and pain is a definitive signal to stop. Besides the obvious risks, that would be one reason to avoid it around a workout.

And is it really worth it? Wouldn't you say your more aware when your not high? I would never put myself under hundreds of pounds of weight under some drug like that.

On the other hand, its your choice so do what makes you happy.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

bruce.b is offline Member

Pot is a negative in every way as far as health and fitness. Just because people might have been ingesting it for thousands of years doesn't mean squat. This site is about living a healthy life and pot doesn't fit into that. A little opium once in a while wouldn't really hurt either. I smoked pot in college in the 1970's, then I realized what a dead end waste it was and have never touched it again. Drugs of any sort aren't a part of a healthy lifestyle.

As far as it being your choice and doing whatever makes you happy..... complete BS. It's exactly the same as smoking tobacco, it's enjoyable when you do it but the long term health effects are all negatives. Pot also tends to make people lazy and complacent, and the idea that pot leads to some sort of deeper insight is laughable. Being clear headed leads to deeper insight. I hear meth is great fun too.

Another aspect to consider, do you really want to support drug cartels? They seem to me to be about as close to pure evil as exists in this world.

Sorry for the rant.

bruce b.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Hmm.

Being facetious for a moment - go for home grown, not "big agra" - ha! Bruce makes a point about the dealers.

Personally, I won't touch it - I have seen friends lost to it. Paranoia, addiction, schizophrenia, weight loss (forgetting to eat), weight gain (constant munchies), lifestyle "issues" from hanging around with the aforementioned dealers, having a stepping stone to harder drugs..........

But I don't want to preach.

Just be aware of the possible consequences.

And for god's sake don't drive stoned!!!

Geoff is offline Member

Whether it is or not, consider that the food in prison certainly is NOT Primal. Consult the laws of your jurisdiction before indulging.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast