Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasputina's Log O' Progress page 3

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hah, thanks Misabi, no I'm from smack dab in the middle of the United States I am considering teaching overseas next year, although I'm looking at the Czech Republic.
    Finally fell asleep at 4am and woke up around 10am, sooo, progress, but I need to be able to go to sleep around 9:30 pm, in order to catch enough zzzs for work.
    Anyhow, my low reward food menu for the week is pretty basic. It will consist of two soups seasoned only with salted broth. A chicken and celery with spinach and onions soup and a beef with collards soup. Any additional food will be plain, hard-boiled eggs or pickles. A spoonful of coconut oil will be consumed separately from the meals.I can eat unlimited quantities of these things twice a day, but the theory is that if they are bland, I really won't want to eat very much. I'm only doing it for a week, so we'll see how it goes.

Here are some starting photos of me from today with these stats:
    Waist: 28.5in (started at 30in)
    Hips: 35.5in (no change)
    Weight: 120 (started at 124lbs)
    As you can see, I have a fat tummy problem
    http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n630/Rasputina6/

Yesterday was my first day of low food reward diet (eat bland so I don't end up eating as much).
    I ate a hard-boiled egg,one packet of water-packed plain tuna, a tablespoon of unrefined virgin coconut oil (that was sort of unpleasant), and had some of my soup, inspired by Spughy's stew of blandness. Mine had:
    Shredded chicken thighs (skin removed after cooking)
    Huge amount of spinach
    Lots of collard greens
    Small can of beets
    Small amount of salt.
    Yeah it tasted vaguely of dirt, but not so horrible I couldn't eat it. Had one bowl for dinner. If this was my normal homemade chicken soup with herbs and spices, I would have had two bowls, for sure.
    I divided the soup for the week into containers. I'm trying to come up with other bland soup food ideas. Any suggestions?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Can't say much on the topic of bland food, except that chicken broth with nothing added can be VERY bland. That'd probably make a great base for a lot of soups.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yep, I completely fell off the the wagon into a few drinks tonight. I do feel like I have more control. However, I am listening to Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music, so completely forgivable! My husband and I are having an intense port-punk conversation- we agree that something needs to be done about the current state of music. Look for our album in 2013 (I'm a singer and he's a guitarist/bassist/drummer/keyboardist/trombonist). I'm tired of shelving books. We're going to do the rock star thing for a while, like my dad did.

And I am, currently being taught how to play "Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen, on guitar, by my husband. We have been together for eight years, and, God, I am a lucky woman!

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Enjoying your journal!
    I got Rocksmith for my husband for xmas so we'll see how that goes. I myself played bass in a punk band and learned some Irish fiddle this summer. With you on the trombone we should start a ska band!

Have you read the Mood Cure (there's a website also), that's all about supplementation to get your neurotransmitters back online. There IS a physiological basis to cravings, so some of the info therein might help. This from a Diet Cola addict with zero self-control.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Thanks, Ottercat, yeh I'd skankin' pickle with you! *pickin up change* I've read Mood Cure, good stuff!! I think I should be transported to the post-punk music scene of the late 70s. early 80s...

I wish I could've been born a British male in the 60s, then I would've grown up to become a lanky, gay, pop star.
    Last edited by Rasputina; 01-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.

I'm pretending that my indulgence in alcohol was a planned "carb re-feed." My pants tell me that I'm skinnier, but that's probably because I'm dehydrated....

Made a new bland soup last night: ground beef, beef broth (way watered down) and spinach. As I was eating it, I felt that the soup, although unseasoned, was way too tasty. I only wanted one bowl, so it must not have been TOO tasty.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast