Thread: First Month on PB - BearBruce page

BearBruce is offline Junior Member

First Month on PB - BearBruce

Shop Now
    I started my PB way of eating the first of December 2011. After going through a physical in May 2011 with my wife, I was disappointed with how far I had let myself go. I have been working at least 12 hours per day, sometimes six days a week to get a new business going. I love what I am doing but, results have been slow. With all that time focused on work, I did not take the time for managing my diet or workout.

After seeing Unconquerable Dave's success, he inspired me to get off my butt and take care of life before it overtakes me.

I started December 2011 at 298 pounds at 5'11" tall and 42% Body Fat. I lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks, which pleasantly surprised me and I could see the body fat % going down. I returned from the holidays last night and weighed in again this morning, 30 days in to my new PB lifestyle. I did not lose any pounds over the past two weeks, but my body fat% did drop down to 38.2%.

I kept most days below 50g of carbs, some days were around 25g. Ketostix show that I am in ketosis most days at small to moderate levels.

Most days were diet only with a couple of days of walking to be the only activity. I know I need to get more exercise and will try to work into my schedule starting tomorrow.

Is this good progress for the first month? I guess I should be happiest with the body fat% drop and not worry about the overall pounds not dropping in the last two weeks?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    If you think it is good progress then it is....grin.
    Sounds good but as you say you need to up your exercise as well.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

tkirkpatrick is offline Junior Member
    We sound alike, I went Primal on Feb 14 2011 and I was at my heaviest at 303 pounds. As of Dec 14 I have lost 85 pounds I am at 218.
    Donating clothes all the time. I went from 2xl to large t-shirts what a great thing. I just started the 21 day challenge to get my family on the Primal way of life. Keep up the good work

Mikk is offline Junior Member
    Keep up the good work BearBruce!!

Wow.

Congratulations Kirk for persevering and losing 85. That is what I need to do. I am down 12 and looks like it is all fat that I have lost. Started bumping up the "Lift Heavy Things" this week. Did you lose this solely on eating PB or did you exercise also?

BearBruce

Quote Originally Posted by tkirkpatrick View Post
    We sound alike, I went Primal on Feb 14 2011 and I was at my heaviest at 303 pounds. As of Dec 14 I have lost 85 pounds I am at 218.
    Donating clothes all the time. I went from 2xl to large t-shirts what a great thing. I just started the 21 day challenge to get my family on the Primal way of life. Keep up the good work

I am now 30 days into living Grok. Once you set your mind to eating Grok, it is really not hard. In between meal food cravings vanished after the first week. I used to be a cookie monster. Easily could down a handful a day. Usually ate bread, potatoes, white rice, pasta with meals. Fortunately, I live in a Gluten Free, Casein Free house. Wife and sons follow GF/CF diet for their auto-immune problems.

Funny thing, they still crave GF breads, pastas, cookies. I am now the one that stopped eating even the GF foods. This seems much easier.

Losing 2 pounds per week in the first 30 days was not hard.

tkirkpatrick is offline Junior Member
    I stay active at work But for the last 10 months most my loss is eating primal. I try to stay about 70 grams of carbohydrates per day. I was loosing about 10 lb per month till summer then it slowed down some. Now I’m ready to start working out more. My favorite exercise is flipping my tractor tire then hitting it with my sledge hammer. I’m now walking about 4 hrs per week and also started with some kettlebells. Just stay focused on being healthy. My goal is to wear 32 jeans when I hit 50 in 13 months.

Want to Exercise Now

Quote Originally Posted by tkirkpatrick View Post
    I stay active at work But for the last 10 months most my loss is eating primal. I try to stay about 70 grams of carbohydrates per day. I was loosing about 10 lb per month till summer then it slowed down some. Now Iím ready to start working out more. My favorite exercise is flipping my tractor tire then hitting it with my sledge hammer. Iím now walking about 4 hrs per week and also started with some kettlebells. Just stay focused on being healthy. My goal is to wear 32 jeans when I hit 50 in 13 months.
    After six weeks eating Primal and losing 17, my energy levels have bumped up to where I want to exercise. I am now experimenting with CrossFit WOD at least three times per week. This is not hard.