Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Journal: Xanthe page 3

xanthe is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    He's a regular 'primary doctor' (allopathic doctor?).

X's log, primaldate 1010
    Slept badly, ate well, no snacks. Went to martial arts practice.

X's log, primaldate 1011
    Slept fairly well, ate well, no snacks.

Man, no drama!

X's log, primaldate 1100
    More of the same

X's log, primaldate 1101
    Not enough breakfast. I didn't snack, but by the time dinner rolled around I was really hungry, and while dinner was primal, I ended it with a fairly large serving of strawberries and cream which had me feeling a bit overstuffed.

X's log, primaldate 1110
    Exhausted. Late breakfast, craving sugar. Not snacking, but it's tough. Conclusion: Make a better breakfast tomorrow!

My sleep has been reasonable lately -- over 6 hours almost every night. I've been waking up a lot, and don't feel rested when I wake up, but at least I'm not a walking, brainless amoeba.

X's log, primaldate 1111
    Still exhausted. Had a solid breakfast at 6:30am per usual, which held me over until about 6pm. No cravings, though, which is a relief.

I worked 20 hours this weekend, then another 10 hours today. It is really exciting work, but I am kind of ready for a day off. Skipped my martial arts practice due to a broken lock. Long, boring story.

X's log, primaldate 10000
    Got a solid 7 hours of sleep. Eating has been unproblematic. No cravings. No drama.

X's log, primaldate 100010
    Repeat after me: "Eat a solid breakfast". That's all.

Well, actually that's not all, but that does seem to be the key thing for me. A bit over a month into this new experiment, that's my biggest take away. When I skip breakfast, the rest of the day I'm hungry, cranky, and feel like snacking.

I've been really good staying off the sugar, grains, etc, and am definitely feeling the benefits. I'm still exhausted, and sleep is still pretty lousy, though. Some days I think that I'm undoing all the primal goodness by being too stressed out.

I got back a bunch of the lab work that my doctor asked for, and went back in to talk to him about it. Good news in many ways: We're quite certain that I don't suffer from Celiac disease. I have no formal allergies (nuts, chocolate, pets, dust, pollen, etc). My cholesterol, LDL, HDL is stellar. Thyroid appears to be functioning well. On the other hand, it turns out that my digestive system is completely out of whack, and I am now officially forbidden to eat wheat, rye, oats, rice, potatoes, eggs, dairy (cow + goat), tomatoes, citrus fruit, onions, beans, reindeer meat, bananas, almonds, peanuts, cashew nuts, carrots, and a handful of other things.

Yes, reindeer meat is out. Shucks! :-)

Notice how most of that list is already on the paleo forbidden list?

Butter is the hardest blow. That, and eggs. My immune response to dairy (cow + goat) was 3 times higher than it was to wheat, and wheat was already off the charts. So the doc things that I might be able to eat most things when we get this straightened out, but that perhaps wheat and dairy might be one of those for-life things. Ah, well. I spent the day yesterday figuring out how to clarify butter.

I'm still waiting for some results (more hormone stuff). In the meanwhile, I'll just keep on getting up early enough to make time for a decent breakfast, and take the industrial strength supplements that the doctor has put me on (two of them are prescription-only. I didn't know there even were prescriptions for supplements).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123