Thread: Linking Protein with Fruit and Veggies...? page

samapplegirl is offline Junior Member

Linking Protein with Fruit and Veggies...?

Primal Fuel
    I'm just full of questions, lol

I am about 75% through the Primal Blueprint and I may have missed this part or not yet reached it, so I apologize if this has been covered.

When eating snacks, which for us and our young children (10yrs-1yr) usually is fruit or veggies, should I be also offering some protein?

This is typically what I've been eating/offering my family for snacks;

Apple slices, orange slices (I don't only offer these fruits, just using these as an example, I alternate different fruits), home made sugar free, whole milk yogurt OR 2% cottage cheese (I can't find it in the grocery store with a higher percentage of fat)
    Brocolli, cauliflower, carrots slicks (same as the fruits, I alternate different veggies), with a small cube of marble cheese, 4-5 almonds

Is what I'm doing right?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Fry up a bunch of eggs over hard, then refrigerate. They're great either cold or reheated. Can't get any easier than handing a kid a fried egg.

samapplegirl is offline Junior Member
    We do alot of eggs, almost daily as breakfast for us, usually ends up as a snack for the kids because they eat breakfast before we do. Once the older ones go back to school, I will be packing them an egg (likely hardboiled for convenience, unless I find out otherwise that hardboiled is somehow bad to hardboil eggs). For the youngest, I steam him daily veggie servings, and also fry up an egg for him (he's just turned one).

Seems like I'm on the right track... it's a big adjustement, but thankfully not too huge since we have never fed our kids the super high sugar loaded snacks.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    As much as possible, try to reduce or eliminate snacking. Really. For your kids it's not so bad, but you should be eating meals, no more than three per day.