Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Nick page

nikko is offline Member

Primal Journal - Nick

Primal Fuel
    Hello to All,

My name is Nick I live in Romford,England am 51 years old, married with 3 children.

I started a primal lifestyle back in November having first found the Caveman Power Diet website then once reading about the paleo lifestyle found MDA.

I did really well in November, was having one evening meal a day (as recommended on the Caveman website) and dropped about 20 pounds, the problem started when December arrived and all the tins of sweets etc gradually wore me down and I thought 'whats the point' get December out of the way then start afresh in Jan, which is where I am now.

I am a big unit - 379 pounds when I started in November which is probably where i am back upto now. Having a heart to heart with my wife and son last night, they have agreed to join me on my Paleo journey to help give me support which should really help.

My wife does not work, so tends to do all the cooking at home. I am starting tomorrow, we are using up the potatoes today and anything else non primal so we can have a clean,fresh start. I cannot wait to get started again and plan to keep a monthly check on my weight and measurements ( I will weigh myself tomorrow so I have a starting point). I plan to start walking during lunch at work, i cannot do too much right now due to my weight but we all have to start somewhere I suppose and then see where this takes me, hopefully i can say start with a ten minute walk and start to walk longer as I start to improve.

Well, that's the big plan, I have now put it down in writing, I am hoping that as i describe my meals and daily exercise people will give me advice, tips etc to help my weight loss along. I realise this is not just a diet but a whole new lifestyle but losing the pounds has to be my main concern at the moment.

Best wishes to all and hope you have a great new year,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Saw that you just started journaling and wishing you well in your quest. I'm happy that your wife and kids will be along for the ride. Happy new year.
    In search of the elusive, unassisted, dead-hang pullup! | my journal

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,
    well yesterday was the last day of eating non Primal stuff in the house, that half bottle of Port is now gone, so are the sausage rolls.

Today i will drink lots of water skip breakfast and lunch and have an evening meal of Roast Chicken with Parsnip and Carrot 'fries' plus a side salad if needed.

I have also just sent my e-mail 'before' photo to Mark as part of my commitment to really be successful with my Primal lifestyle this year.

Good luck to all

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hello all,

Today I have skipped breakfast - had two cups black decaf coffee and lunch was two boiled eggs and a mixed salad with a mustard/olive oil dressing.

For dinner tonight I am having seafood (prawns, mussels and squid) with some parsnip 'fries'. I've grown to love parsnips - have a taste all of their own. :d

Have noticed a bit of a headache today although reading other blogs looks like that's to be expected.

Not sure if i am eating enough or not but I have been laid up for last two days with a sore knee so am mindful that I am not burning many calories.

I also need to think of some snacks I can keep in the house in case I get hungry between meals, maybe some chicken wings or boiled eggs - have to think about that one. Well, so far so good.

Until tomorrow,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey People,

Today I am back at work in the office, am therefore skipping Breakfast and Lunch - will try and do this every workday and maybe just have breakfast on a weekend.
    Tonight I am having slow-cooked Roast beef with root vegetables for dinner - by the time I get home I'll be starving, still, IF is supposed to be good for you right?

Also if I remember I will weigh myself on the way home - our home scales are not man enough to take me at the moment...

Keep on fighting the good fight all,

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,
    Just a quick update - weighed myself on the way home, am 364 pounds - quite pleased with this as I started at 379 pounds living Primal in November, gave up at Xmas and started again just this week - so i did not totally lose all the weight i had lost previously which is great.

Will probably weigh again at the End of Jan just to see/check things are working well,
    Cheers all
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hi Again All,

Nice meal tonight - as usual, just drank water during the day and had a nice hot Chicken curry for dinner with a side of Aubergine curry on Cauliflower rice.
    plus two glasses of red wine.
    No exercise at all today though - will have to put more effort in tomorrow.
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey all,

Yesterday saw my son get his 1st job - meaning I had a beer or two which was not clever but other then that I was good again. breakfast was a 3 egg scramble with 2 rashers of bacon and some fried mushrooms. Skipped lunch and had a beef curry with cauliflower rice.

I just hope sons new job works out for him - there's almost nothing out there so fingers crossed it works out for him.

Today am back at work which means no breakfast or lunch - just water and dinner will be Gammon with Fried Parsnips and Broccoli

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,

Another day at work means another day of IF, just having an evening meal. Tonight it was a chicken casserole, made with carrots, brussel sprouts and leeks. Was really tasty too.

I'm not sure how much IF is helping me as the 1 meal I'm having in the evening is pretty big. I wonder sometimes how I am doing calorie - wise but guess its not just about that.

Looking forward to jumping on the scales in a few weeks to see how its going,

Best wishes all,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Again people,
    Today had a good day, nice walk lunchtime and really enjoyed my dinner.

As usual I skipped breakfast and Lunch, Dinner was Tandooried Herring with parsnip 'Fries' and a mixed salad. I really enjoyed this meal, think this will be a weekly treat.

Best wishes as always,
    Nick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast