Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal Journal - Nick page 4

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    Hey All,
    not posted for a while - guess I was beating myself up a bit as my will power seems to be lousy - I will be good for a few days then blow it, rinse and repeat.
    Right now I am concentrating on getting through March with no mishaps - this will be a good test, ignore the cakes at work, no beers after a hard day at work etc etc.
    I recently read a book by Gary Taubes - 'Why We Get Fat' While not strictly Paleo it really struck a chord with me. This lifestyle and way of eating is obviously (to me) the right way to do things, I just need a little resolve.

Best wishes people. - and nice to hear from you Charlie - your doing great

Nick
    Hey Nick!
    The thing that REALLY solidified this lifestyle for me is the idea that grains were mis-classified as food for humans. It's BIRDSEED!
    Say "I don't eat that" not "I don't eat that anymore" The former phrase is in the present, with no going back. The latter is allowing you to remember that you can go back and it will be easy to. I will not go back. Ever.
    Grains are meant to feed birds and rodents, not cattle and certainly not humans. Back in the Neolithic (inventing Agriculture) days, some clever-arse thought up this cheap way of feeding people. You still hear in advertising about this "inexpensive" product or other. birdseed, Birdseed, BIRDSEED!

Something else that has helped me is the Latest in Paleo podcasts that Angelo Coppela has been putting out. He mentions the "Why We Get Fat" book on one podcast and Gary Taubes is frequently mentioned.

I'm proud of you attempting March with no misaps. You can DO IT!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 03-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Brother Nick!
    O brother, where art thou?
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234