Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Nick page 3

nikko is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey All,

I did let myself down a bit last night, had a few beers and half a bottle of red wine after a hard day at work. Still, not going to beat myself up about it. In fact, I might make it a once a month thing or something. I am finding it hard not to have any beer at all so maybe once in a while might be a good idea.

Today I have 2 chicken drumsticks wrapped with bacon for lunch, dinner will be Cod streak with an Avacado salad.

take care all

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Saturday Morning and its Bacon and Eggs for breakfast, makes the weekend start off really well in my opinion.

Found some beef dripping in the back of the fridge left over from Christmas so used that, made breakfast taste great.

Think tonight may be chilli with a salad and some homemade Guacamole, am sure i can find a good Paleo recipe on the website. Do not think i would have lost any weight this week so may forget about weighing until next weekend.

I am finding the meals really onjoyable, getting a good variety of meat,fish and veggies on this Paleo lifestyle.

Talking of veggies, will have to get out in the back garden and start preparing for growing some veg this summer. have always had good results growing corgettes in the past, so they are definately on my to do list.

Keep it real folks,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey all,
    Breakfast was leftover chile from last night and a chicken leg, have marinated some pork ribs and cooking those in the slow cooker for dinner tonight.

Probably will have with some parsnip 'fries' on the side.
    Planning on doing some light weights later this afternoon and some primal exercises,

Then early to bed for 0800hrs start at work,

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,

Not posted for a few days. I am still a little worried that I am not being 100 percent primal in my outlook. I am too temped by Birthday cakes at work etc.

I am halfway through Robb Wolfs book at the moment and I am hoping this will make me more motivated then I currently am. I understand and agree with the Primal way of eating 100 percent and at 360 odd pounds have plenty of reasons for doing this but I seem to have some self destruct flaw in my nature that is getting in my way.

Still, I crack on and will get through this - I DO feel better but must stop these stupid fails when someone at work etc asks me if I want something to eat that is not Paleo. Or if I have a hard day at work I want a few Beers - this has got to stop.

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,
    Had a far better day Friday, took some lunch into work, 3 hard boiled eggs courtesy of our chickens, this certainly kept the hunger at bay.

Dinner was wild rabbit stew which was lovely, plenty left over for another meal. Had a few cravings for a beer on the commute home again but did not do it and after i had eaten the craving went away.

So all in all much better today, hoping that i will now start to shed some pounds in my primal journey.

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Saturday came and went without incident, Had a nice breakfast of bacon and 2 eggs with some mushrooms and finished the Rabbit Stew for Dinner.

Just finished reading Robb Wolf's book today, really liked it, feeling stronger about keeping on the straight and narrow now.

Sunday, the snow fell as predicted, about 4/5 inches of snow fall. breakfast was bacon Eggs and grilled tomatoes. Dinner will be a minced curry on fried cabbage and onions......yum.

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,

Started to exercise on Sunday, did a few different ones, including 10 squats. Can tell you, today I can really feel it in my legs. Guess weighing about 360 pounds it takes a lot of effort for my legs to lift me upright but although I'm aching, I also feel really good about myself as i used to think i could not do any exercise at my weight. Today at lunchtime, i took a 30 minute walk, with a few quick bursts, say from one lamppost to the next, then eased off, then back to a quick burst, etc. Gave me a really good feeling - like i have turned some sort of corner.

Going to keep a track of my daily exercise regime and gradually add new stuff when I feel I am ready.

Lunch today was a few pieces of Tandoori Chicken and Indian Shami Kebabs, while dinner was Fillet Steak with a side salad and Parsnip 'Fries'.

I can say i am feeling quite good about myself for having started on the exercise, I feel better already if that's possible....

Bye for now,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,
    Not sure if maybe I went too hard with the exercise but I have had a few problems so had to ease right off. First a sore knee and a bruised foot, then a sore achilles or tendonitus - not sure which that is making it really hard to walk about let alone do any exercise.
    Am trying not to get too depressed about it but am finding it all a bit of a struggle at the moment.

I don't want to give this lifestyle up as i know it works but for some reason my resolve seems to be non-existant.

will plod on and maybe re-read some of my Paleo books - that should help.

Nick

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there, Nick!
    We're all cheering for you!
    Walk when you can, but certainly eat well.

Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

nikko is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey All,
    not posted for a while - guess I was beating myself up a bit as my will power seems to be lousy - I will be good for a few days then blow it, rinse and repeat.
    Right now I am concentrating on getting through March with no mishaps - this will be a good test, ignore the cakes at work, no beers after a hard day at work etc etc.
    I recently read a book by Gary Taubes - 'Why We Get Fat' While not strictly Paleo it really struck a chord with me. This lifestyle and way of eating is obviously (to me) the right way to do things, I just need a little resolve.

Best wishes people. - and nice to hear from you Charlie - your doing great

Nick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast