Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Nick page 2

nikko is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hello Everyone

Another workday so it was the usual IF, no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was roast port with parsnips, spinach and a poached egg. Big dinner and I enjoyed every bit of it.

I'm drinking mostly water through the day with the occasional cup of black decaf coffee from the vending machine. Not sure that i am feeling any surge of energy yet but my work clothes are getting a little looser, may have to drill another hole in my trouser belt soon, so some charges are happening I think.

Best to all

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hello Again all,

Yesterday evening my wife surprised me with a chicken curry which was awesome, instead of the usual cauliflower rice i would normally have with a curry as we had nonei she used grated parsnip instead, it worked really well mixed with fried onions and cummin seeds.

As its Saturday morning, instead of fasting for the day I have had a breakfast of 4 rashers of bacon and 2 fried eggs, dinner will be Huss (Dogfish) with spinach and carrots with some melted butter in there somewhere.

Was not going to weigh myself until the end of the month but I cannot resist so will go down to the local store and weigh in. (our home scales cannot cope with my weight at the moment).

Am pretty sure i have lost as all through the week I have had my sleep interrupted with on average three bathroom breaks a night which I think is a good sign of initial water weight being lost.

will post my weight results tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Nick

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Nick- great progress!

IF'ng is good for you but listen to your body first and foremost. If your getting hunger pangs and want to keep IF'ng for the time you do, maybe try adding some good herbal tea throughout the day.

Also when you do eat, if it's just a small plate and that's your only meal for the day you may not be eating enough. I usually start IF'ng after my dinner around 6pm and I'll stop my IF usually around noon, which gives me a 6 hour window to eat whenever I want. Most of the time I'm not even hungry by noon so I'll wait until next dinner but I eat a big dinner.

Keep up the great work it will be worth it!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

nikko is offline Member
    Hi ELC014,

Many thanks for the support, I have bought into this way of living 100 percent. On my daily commute, I'm listening to pod casts by Robb Wolf and any other Paleo podcasts i can find to help me keep focus and learn more about nutrition.

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hi All,

having a nice lazy Sunday, breakfast this morning was Kippers and dinner tonight will be Roast beef with roasted Sprouts and carrots.

Weighed myself today after walking down to the local store, and pleased to see am down to 356pounds, which is a loss for 8 pounds in the last 10 days.

Got to be pleased with that - almost a pound a day. I know its mostly water weight but still good numbers.

Next weigh in will be at the end of Jan I think, am pretty happy with myself at the moment.....

I want to get to 280pounds (20 stones UK) by September when I plan to book my 1st holiday abroad in Egypt. Going to be hard but its a good incentive. Don't want to be on that plane wearing a seat belt extension and unable to get that table down in front of me.

I really want this to happen, Its going to mean so much to me and the rest of my family.

Best wishes all,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All,

Am pleased today, have my photo on the Success in the making section. Really I have all the tools now at my fingertips to succeed at my weight loss goals.

Today for breakfast I'm having bacon and 2 eggs fried in lard. Dinner will be Oxtail cooked in our new slow cooker. Never had Oxtail before, looking forward to trying it. Think I will throw some Brussel Sprouts in there with it today for my carbs.

Cheers,
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    hey all,
    afraid I slipped off the wagon this week. I had Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday off work to look after our pets while my Wife took our twin daughters to Cumbria University for an interview. The weather was terrible so I was stuck indoors watching Tv and bored out of my mind.

The good news is that my girls got their Uni place provided their exam results come through ok. Now the family is all together again I can get back to Primal eating. Unfortunately there will always be non-paleo food in the house so i will always be resisting temptation but my main enemy I now know is boredom.

I now have an exercise bike and some loose weights that I can use when the weather is bad.(like today) so that will help.

I'm planning on payday to order some organic meat online. There is a company offering a 'slow cook' box, 8.5 kilos for 75gbp which seems pretty good to me. I should mention that we are on a limited budget so the organic meat is a big deal to me, bit of a luxury but I want to try it and hopefully it will become a regular purchase.

Now that I have confessed my sins, hopefully I will be all the stronger for it. I have asked my family and work colleagues not to ask me if I want any sweets cake etc, I need all the support i can get.

Today for breakfast will be good old bacon and eggs with a homemade Primal chilli with cauliflower rice for dinner.

Nick
    Last edited by nikko; 01-21-2012 at 01:03 AM.

nikko is offline Member
    Hey All

Back in the swing today, breakfast was 4 bacon and 2 fried eggs
    Dinner - pork chops with cauliflower and carrot and parsnip 'fries'

I also bought some fish oil capsules, will take with every meal to add some much needed omega 3 to my diet,

bye for now
    Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hello Again People,

Monday finds me back at work so less chance of temptation. As usual I skipped breakfast and had 2 precooked chicken drumsticks wrapped in streaky bacon.
    Dinner was a homemade Chicken curry in a Tomato based sauce with Cauliflower rice.

In the Uk the veggies in season are Turnips and Carrots, so making the most of these. Parsnips make good pretend fries if cut into the right shape, blanched and then either fried or roasted.

I have started listening to Robb Wolf's podcasts and he stated quite early on that IF was not really required when starting a Paleo lifestyle but I have now got used to skipping Breakfast and Lunch for the most part so will just see how it goes. As long as I am dropping the pounds and i am able to stick with it then I am happy.

The weekends I tend to think of eating more with a Breakfast and maybe a few chicken wings as a snack. Seems to be working so far. Also going out for a walk every lunchtime at work breaks up the day nicely.

That's my thoughts for the day, a little mixed up i know but enjoying keeping up with the journal,

back tomorrow

Nick

nikko is offline Member
    Hi All

Weekend just gone I made a batch of Chicken Drumsticks wrapped in Bacon and foze in bags of two to take to work for a quick nibble at lunch. I thought I had better eat something during the day rater then nothing.

Tonight I'm having Sucuc ( a spicy Turkish sausage 97 percent beef with spices so should be ok) with an Avacado salad. Looking forward to that.

Take care peeps,

Nick

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast