Thread: Meat cooking methods page

anna5 is offline Senior Member

Meat cooking methods

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I am new. I started to read the blog and threads. It will take me a while. In the meantime, I have questions.
    I've been reading Dr. Davis's Wheat Belly and on pp. 140-141 I found the following passage:
    "The foods richest in AGEs are animal products, such as meats and cheese. In particular, meats and animal products heated to high temperature, e.g. broiling and frying, increase AGE content more than a THOUSANDFOLD. Also, the loger animal product food is cooked,the richer AGE content becomes."
    Now my questions:
    These AGEs (whatever they are) don't seem to be nice "guys." If Dr. Davis is correct, how one can avoid them in a diet so rich in animal products? What are the cooking techniques the "primates" recommend - I am not a raw foodist and I can't imagine myself going totally raw. Thank you.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Cook, but don't overcook. Grill/broil or roast to medium-rare and you should be fine. Discard any burnt bits
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Slow-cooker, or soups, if you are concerned about it. Those things seem to come from over-searing, and charring or burning, from what I understand.