Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gastric bypass!!!!!!!!! page 2

theprimalgirl Guest

Good to see this discussion everyone.

I feel sorry for the kids its no life to have to go through life like that before AND after the surgery.

My bottom line is, Grok didn't cut himself open and remove half hit guts and neither should we. I understand that overweight kids is problematic and combined with all the misleading info from even Docs its hardgoing. But we can make a difference living the primal way and telling those we come into contact with. Primal peace everyone!

Karin Guest

She brought her flu-ridden spawn in to contaminate your workplace? How considerate! (I know, i know, daycare and school don't want him and grandma probably lives three states away these days. Grok had the whole extended family thing that many of us are sorely lacking these days).

RogerDeRok is offline Member

The thought of blended KFC made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0m4x0y3QNw

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Roger that is hilarious! I remember seeing a bunch of blender vids like that a while back but never saw the cochicken....ewwwww

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Trinkwasser Guest

A friend has been researching this, it appears that the operation *does* hack some control system which appears to reverse Type 2 quite effectively, nothing to do with weight loss or reduced food intake. This would be an obvious research topic to find drugs or better dietary factors which would influence the same system.

Meanwhile don't do this

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

grandma is offline Member

Those picts look good. There are a few good ideas there Spam fries --- hmmm.......

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Ugh, cochicken. That's just wrong. Quick, give me something else to think about.

Shine is offline Member

Blended KFC:

What.

The.

#%@*.

Seriously, wouldn't that just be like drinking chunky fryolator grease?

Seeing television commercials for the lap band makes me sad for the future of humanity. If the surgery is used as a life-saving emergency treatment, then fine, I get it. But to wage an advertising campaign insinuates that people need to be convinced to use the product, which exposes the unnecessary nature of the lap band procedure. Then again, that is exactly what disgusts me about all prescription drug advertisements. Purposeful marketing is built upon suggestibility and the creation of a false void which the product can miraculously fill; is this seriously an acceptable method of handling health care in our society? We market medicine for someone's profit rather than for someone's health?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I can't believe how this un-Grok post keeps going! A life of its own.

Gastric bypass and all these other options are just reflective of our Western, and especially American perspective of solving problems with technology. Hmmmmm.....wonder why our American Indians never needed rubber bands or surgery????

grandma is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Because the Native Americans ate lots and lots of corn. .....confustion setting in... brain is seizing... ahhhhh!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast