Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what can I put in my coffee? page

cariboo87 is offline Junior Member

what can I put in my coffee?

Shop Now
    I honestly cannot drink my coffee black as in no sugar or sweetner. What can i use in it that would be allowed on the paleo diet?

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    Stevia is fine, I just read somewhere to try to get the pure Stevia. The only thing I watch out for is that it can kick up my sugar cravings, I've slowly been reducing the amount I use in my coffee, but it's taking some getting used to. I like to sprinkle cinnamon in mine too, and sometimes I'll put a dollop of coconut oil- yum!

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Virgin coconut oil, coconut manna(butter) both make for a nice cream substitute. Stretching things a bit, unsalted butter or heavy whipping cream (30+% fat) fit in the PB range of good foods, though neither is really "primal". You can also just use MCT oil, though it's bland as hell, but for those poor, half-alive people that don't like the taste of coconut, it's the only way for them to get MCT.

Finally, you can use Stevia as a sweetener.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I make a version of bulletproof coffee and tea. I take ghee and put it in the blender with hot coffee or tea and then blend until creamy and frothy. It is really yummy. Sometimes I'll put a little bit of sugar in it, but usually I drink it like that. I really toast the butter well when making my ghee so it has a lovely caramely taste to it that makes the coffee a little sweet to me.

cariboo87 is offline Junior Member
    is honey a possibility

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Buy better coffee. Seriously. It's just like chocolate- the better quality it is, the less additives you need to put in it. My wife quit dairy in her coffee when we started drinking Alterra coffee. It's just that good. I like the Blue Heeler or Mocha Java, personally- big flavors, low acidity. It's delicious.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Buy better coffee. Seriously. It's just like chocolate- the better quality it is, the less additives you need to put in it. My wife quit dairy in her coffee when we started drinking Alterra coffee. It's just that good. I like the Blue Heeler or Mocha Java, personally- big flavors, low acidity. It's delicious.
    Yeah, I used to do sugar in my coffee until I started buying really good stuff from a local specialty roaster that does direct trade coffees. The difference is incredible, to the point that I got a travel french press and hand grinder for Christmas so that I can have good coffee when I travel. The better the coffee, the more amazing it is all by itself.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

dado Guest
    sugar is fine on a paleo diet. don't dump a pound in, but a spoon should be enough to make it pleasant.

even mark sissons puts a teaspoon of sugar in his coffee in the mornings.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Try putting a bit of cinnamon in - the taste may surprise you and it's supposed to be good for BP/cholesterol too. I do use instant coffee - it is an organic one (supposedly) and I put 2 big shakes into every 100g jar and shake it before use each time. I do have a bit of cream in mine but I only have 1 coffee per day and a2-3 decaff (water decaffeinated, not chemicals).
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Buy better coffee.
    What he said. Makes all the difference. I used to be two sugar and cream until I stopped buying crap coffee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast