Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Progesterone Cream page

goin2befit is offline Member

Progesterone Cream

Shop Now
    I'm not sure the best place to post this. I have been diagnosed with PCOS (known I had it for several years just never "officially" diagnosed). Of course, I'm refusing the birth control option and Metformin caused horrible side effects. I happened to stumble across an article by Dr. John Lee about using progesterone cream. Official Web Site of John R. Lee, M.D.

I am curious, do any of you use it or have used it for PCOS or other reasons.

Can anyone (man or woman) review it and give an opinion.

I can say from him I totally understand how the estrogen is able to be overpowered and I believe I'm 100% certain that I must eat organic/grass-fed meat and not just the "hormone" injected regular meat. I see how my life and background can only be making my situation worse.

Thanks for reading,
    Amanda

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    hi, pcos-er here

i've used progesterone cream once, i hadn't had a period in many months and i wanted to have one. to 'get it all out' kind of thing. and it worked, but i didn't want to keep using 'not my' hormones so i didn't use it the next month

really, i firmly, firmly believe that staying away from grains will keep your period regularly coming. it's worked for me and so many other women here and on other forums. my advice is to let your body heal with the food, then the progesterone cream will become irrelevant
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I agree with bloodorchid here. I used progesterone cream for a while to try to balance hormones. I did feel better for a little while, but it never got to the core of the hormonal imbalance which was cause by eating non-primal grains and other processed foods. Primal eating and the subsequent weight loss did more for my hormones than anything I tried.

Plus - excess progesterone can easily be converted to testosterone. I am still dealing with some excess hair I developed from the progesterone use.

bloodorchid~ That is exactly where I am. I've always had irregular cycles and facial hair... I have two beautiful children, so I know I'm blessed! However, I for the first time ever have cyst (multiple ones~ 30 or more) on my ovaries. That has never showed up. My cycles are horrible and my life has changed which has caused "stress" I have thought of using it just for 1-3 cycles to see what happens. I would most likely order the one from Dr. Lee's site and use it.

Jammies~ Sorry to hear about the excess hair... I really do not need any of that.

Do you all eat grassfed beef, ect... what about dairy... what about fish oil or cod liver oil ??? Do you eat fruit? How many carbs on average?

Thanks so much!

all i had to do was cut out grain and my overt symptoms pretty much immediately stopped, as soon as i start eating bread etc my body freaks right the eff out again

i just eat store bought meat (tho i prefer to get it from food giant as opposed to walmart, it's not pumped full of saline solution) and wild caught seafood, i do eat dairy off and on and i'll eat fruit when the mood strikes. i take cod liver oil for the vit A and o-3, my diet isn't perfect so i'm hoping the o-3s from that will help

my weight loss isn't as 'easy' as it seems for others, but that's on me i think. i don't go low carb for too many extended periods, but my periods are regular and facial hair is under control
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I buy humanely raised meats, but most of them are not exclusively grass-fed or pastured. Right now I can't afford it but as long the animals have a good life I'm fine with a little bit of O6.

I don't restrict fruit or carbs, but I really keep the focus of my diet on meats, fats, and veggies. Fruits are part of my diet, but not the core. I don't do any primal baking and don't eat nut flours or even nuts except for on occasion. I don't eat dairy at all except grass-fed ghee which I prepare myself and use TONS of

For me, as soon as I ditched grains, HFCS, and processed oils I started losing weight and my periods became very normal and regular again.

Thanks bloodorchid~ Haha... I was born and raised in TN as well, must be in the water! I lived in Johnson City for 22 years! After that moved to NYC and now to Texas. I'm hoping the weight loss will come off again. How much CLO do you take a day?

Do either of you use coconut oil?

Thanks Jammies~ I had lost the most weight 99 pounds on Atkins the first time. However, I ate meat, meat, fried chicken, fried fish, fried cubesteak all dipped in flour and 20 grams of carb from "junk chocolate or chocolate milk, what ever I wanted" a day, so I realized years later I was having more than the 20 carbs b/c I didn't count the carbs in the flour, cheese, ketcup or any thing else. .... I then struggled so bad and lost 85 pounds trying Atkins, but by this time I learned to love veggies and at 20 carbs in veggies... Way healthier, but it was so hard to maintain, I always cheated... I've know about Primal for almost 2 years now but just couldn't commit to the idea of doing it yet again, so I started almost a week ago and have lost already about 8 pounds. However, I'm not counting this time. I eat my fat, meat and veggies and go on with my day. If I'm hungry I will eat more if not, it will be less... I'm trying to just be healthy with the idea of weight not really in mind.

Thanks again.

the multi i take has vit A, so i either take 1 or 2 clo's a day

and i am a fan of coconut oil
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast