Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat? page

*Summer* is offline Junior Member

Question What do you eat?

Primal Fuel
    I am in a rut with making shopping lists, and cooking. We have seven people in our family....so I cook a lot . Can you please share what some of your favorite meals are for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every week?

ETA: Meal ideas please.
    Last edited by *Summer*; 12-31-2011 at 09:33 AM.

dado Guest
    bacon

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eggs, grass-fed steak and ground beef, pastured half chickens baked, salmon w cream sauce, green veggies, squash, yam or sweet potato, butter, cream. That's the basics.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

activia is offline Senior Member
    breakfast: omelets, sometimes bacon, sometimes sausage...Hardboiled eggs, fried eggs
    lunch: dinner leftovers, Large salads filled with tons of veggies and some kind of cooked meat
    Dinner:

I'll go with the protein part first..

Ground Beef:
    Meatloaf (I do not use breadcrumbs..no need. I use one egg/a litte olive oil/onion powder/garlic powder/pepper/salt/cut up onions and bake at 350)
    Meatballs (same recipe above except I cook it in a skillet with some grass fed lard/tallow/ or olive oil depending on what I have on hand)
    Hamburger (broil it.. I dont use raw onions inside them only on top.. a well flavored burger does not need anything. I add in as many spices I can I love the montreal steak blend)
    Meatsauce (I usually throw some more veggies in here and put it over cooked spaghetti squash, same with meatballs)

Steak:
    Marinate it (currently on a balsamic vinegar marinade kick its awesome!)
    Grill/broil/ or sautee it with veggies

Beef Short Ribs:
    This is delicous: Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe | Simply Recipes
    I cook it in the crock-pot

Brisket:
    Tender Braised Brisket with Carmelized Onions and Tomatoes | Mark's Daily Apple
    Although I found this wonderful sauce that I use cause its easier and delicous and primal! It's at your local grocer probably too! Stop & shop carries it
    Mezzetta: Napa Valley Bistro - Homemade-Style Marinara Pasta Sauces

Beef Stew:
    I take the beef I season it up, put it on the crock pot with some beef broth and water. Then I add various cut up veggies.. acorn squash, butternut squash, turnips (this is a great way to get these veggies in without the taste)

Fish:
    Bake/Grilled with lemon/butter seasoning
    Topped with lemon caper sauce

Chicken Breast/Thighs:
    Baked with onions/various other veggies drizzled with olive oil
    Baked then topped with tomato sauce/cheese (you can also try coating with almond flour.. I dont find the need anymore)
    Grilled to add to a salad or to be used with some of my veggies
    Skillet cooked I chop it up into smaller pieces and cook it in some olive oil/animal fat with onions/garlic and some other various veggies

Whole Chicken/Chicken Legs:
    baked usually or thrown in the crockpot with some chicken broth garlic/onions/celery/carrots
    Sometimes I then take the chicken off and put it in my salads

Lamb/Pork:
    Prepare this like the chicken

Then I cook various Roasts as well by sticking some garlic in them and coating with some kind of animal fat and spices

Vegetables:
    Cauliflower mashed
    steamed broccoli/aspargus/cauliflower/spinach topped with butter or lemon caper sauce
    roasted broccoli/cauliflower/carrots/onions/parsnips cooked usually with some sort of meat for good flavor and garlic/onions
    I microwave sweet potatoes then top with butter and/or cinnamon or throw them in the crockpot in a stew
    fry veggies in bacon grease season them up
    I like to take a bunch of veggies and just mix them all up with olive oil/bacon grease/animal fats (again depends what I have on hand)
    Like mushrooms/spinach/onions/Peppers/garlic for a meatty dish side
    Like spinach/spaghetti squash/onions for ground beef side
    Ohh for eggplant I skin it then cut it in lard in my skillet browning both sides.. nothing better!! I do the same with summer squash minus the skinning.

Sweet potato fries/or chips on occasion

Salad stuff:
    Spring mix/spinach/cucumbers/tomatoe/peppers/broccolini/cauliflower/broccoli/hard boiled eggs/carrots/celery/onions
    Make some different salad dressings to mix it up
    Last edited by activia; 12-31-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I suggest you order the PB cookbook in addition to Nourishing Traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    I suggest you order the PB cookbook in addition to Nourishing Traditions.
    I actually have them both...and lots of other paleo cookbooks. I was just curious what everyones favorite staple meals are.

Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    breakfast: omelets, sometimes bacon, sometimes sausage...Hardboiled eggs, fried eggs
    lunch: dinner leftovers, Large salads filled with tons of veggies and some kind of cooked meat
    Dinner:

I'll go with the protein part first..

Ground Beef:
    Meatloaf (I do not use breadcrumbs..no need. I use one egg/a litte olive oil/onion powder/garlic powder/pepper/salt/cut up onions and bake at 350)
    Meatballs (same recipe above except I cook it in a skillet with some grass fed lard/tallow/ or olive oil depending on what I have on hand)
    Hamburger (broil it.. I dont use raw onions inside them only on top.. a well flavored burger does not need anything. I add in as many spices I can I love the montreal steak blend)
    Meatsauce (I usually throw some more veggies in here and put it over cooked spaghetti squash, same with meatballs)

Steak:
    Marinate it (currently on a balsamic vinegar marinade kick its awesome!)
    Grill/broil/ or sautee it with veggies

Beef Short Ribs:
    This is delicous: Braised Beef Short Ribs Recipe | Simply Recipes
    I cook it in the crock-pot

Brisket:
    Tender Braised Brisket with Carmelized Onions and Tomatoes | Mark's Daily Apple
    Although I found this wonderful sauce that I use cause its easier and delicous and primal! It's at your local grocer probably too! Stop & shop carries it
    Mezzetta: Napa Valley Bistro - Homemade-Style Marinara Pasta Sauces

Beef Stew:
    I take the beef I season it up, put it on the crock pot with some beef broth and water. Then I add various cut up veggies.. acorn squash, butternut squash, turnips (this is a great way to get these veggies in without the taste)

Fish:
    Bake/Grilled with lemon/butter seasoning
    Topped with lemon caper sauce

Chicken Breast/Thighs:
    Baked with onions/various other veggies drizzled with olive oil
    Baked then topped with tomato sauce/cheese (you can also try coating with almond flour.. I dont find the need anymore)
    Grilled to add to a salad or to be used with some of my veggies
    Skillet cooked I chop it up into smaller pieces and cook it in some olive oil/animal fat with onions/garlic and some other various veggies

Whole Chicken/Chicken Legs:
    baked usually or thrown in the crockpot with some chicken broth garlic/onions/celery/carrots
    Sometimes I then take the chicken off and put it in my salads

Lamb/Pork:
    Prepare this like the chicken

Then I cook various Roasts as well by sticking some garlic in them and coating with some kind of animal fat and spices

Vegetables:
    Cauliflower mashed
    steamed broccoli/aspargus/cauliflower/spinach topped with butter or lemon caper sauce
    roasted broccoli/cauliflower/carrots/onions/parsnips cooked usually with some sort of meat for good flavor and garlic/onions
    I microwave sweet potatoes then top with butter and/or cinnamon or throw them in the crockpot in a stew
    fry veggies in bacon grease season them up
    I like to take a bunch of veggies and just mix them all up with olive oil/bacon grease/animal fats (again depends what I have on hand)
    Like mushrooms/spinach/onions/Peppers/garlic for a meatty dish side
    Like spinach/spaghetti squash/onions for ground beef side
    Ohh for eggplant I skin it then cut it in lard in my skillet browning both sides.. nothing better!! I do the same with summer squash minus the skinning.

Sweet potato fries/or chips on occasion

Salad stuff:
    Spring mix/spinach/cucumbers/tomatoe/peppers/broccolini/cauliflower/broccoli/hard boiled eggs/carrots/celery/onions
    Make some different salad dressings to mix it up
    Thanks! You gave me lots of great, easy ideas.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Chopped up bacon with garlic and greens (spinach, chard, kale). Sometimes chopped sundried tomatoes.
    Beets and bacon.

Sweet potatoes baked, then chunked and fried in a little butter, so the outside gets crispy.

Eggs with:
    broccoli and bell pepper (red, especially) chunks fried in the bacon grease
    spinach and feta
    mushrooms and chevre (soft goat cheese)
    shredded cheese and salsa

We eat bunless cheeseburgers quite a bit, usually with a chopped tomato on the side, or a salad of some sort. Worcester sauce and Montreal Steak seasoning for the burgers.

Roasts.

Steak and salad, often a Mediterranean/Greek salad, with cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and kalamata olives.

Summer squash and zucchini with meat in pasta sauce.

Chicken in curry sauce with vegetables (curry spices, coconut milk, and veggies).

turkey or pork, wrapped around spinach and provolone and prosciutto, then baked.

Chili. Beans aren't *that* bad, on occasion.

Fish is usually pan-fried with lemon pepper. Serve on salad with homemade sauce (mayo, and lemon juice/parsley or lime juice/cilantro) and avocado.

Asian turnip/radish cake- daikon radish with seasonings and sausage. Shred it, steam it in a pan, then eat it steamed (boring) or brown it in the morning for breakfast. Kind of a pain to steam it, but it's pretty delicious when I take the trouble.

I just made a ham salad today with Christmas leftovers that needed to get used up: ham, celery, good French (not French's) mustard, onion, and mayo.

Yogurt with frozen berries, or applesauce.

Pork shoulder or picnic roast in the slow cooker, then pulled and mixed with barbecue sauce.

That's all I've got for now.
    Last edited by jfreaksho; 12-31-2011 at 02:20 PM.

dianejaquay is offline Member
    One thing that I've started doing to make meal planning easier is that twice a week I make the exact same thing every week. On Sundays I always make a grass fed chuck roast (this is my families favorite meal), and one night a week we always have burgers. This has relieved some of the stress for me of always feeling like I have to come up with new foods/recipes. My family doesn't mind at all and that gives me 2 nights where I can run on autopilot, so to speak, when it comes to cooking.

amiams is offline Junior Member
    We eat bunless cheeseburgers quite a bit, usually with a chopped tomato on the side, or a salad of some sort. Worcester sauce and Montreal Steak seasoning for the burgers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast