Thread: Hello There page

Vagabond is offline Junior Member

Hello There

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

My name is Patrick. I have been slowly drifting towards the Primal lifestyle since November and will finally be giving it a full on go with my wife after January 5th (We are going to be out of town). I am a Nursing Student, and currently work in a hospital as a CNA/MT/US during nights.

Night shift posses a lot of problems for my health, but I am hoping a healthy diet will keep my health in check. One of the biggest issue that I have is that everyone brings a lot of junk food during nights. High carb goodies like cookies, cakes, sweets, and the ilk. When I eat these I do not enjoy the ensuing effect; lethargy and weight gain. So with my wife's support we are hoping to start eating primal, cooking more often and with animals and plants only. After that we hope to drift towards a full on grass-fed organic selection of nutrients. This is going to be hard since we are both college students, but I think we can do it.

I have almost finished the "Primal Blueprint" and will be purchasing the easy meals cook book as a birthday present for myself. I live a fairly active lifestyle. I practice Martial arts Shotokan 3 days a week, Judo 1 night a week. I lift weights twice a week (Heavy and hard). I also engage in fun activities such as slacklining, trampoline, hiking, river swimming when weather permits, etc. My issue has always been diet, especially since I am a buttery pastery man. I am always hungry and always eating. I have a strong build and am not in terrible shape. I could afford to lose about 15 lbs in the love handle lower gut area. Other than that I am fairly happy with my muscularity (is that a word?). I am tired of having the sugar crashes, feeling bloated, guilty, and jittery from all of the carbs I eat. I am ready to change that completely.

I hope to gain a lot of support and ideas from this forum, and hopefully, eventually contribute.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    No sugar, no grains, no seed oils.

Lots of animal and fish fats.

After a while you'll try one of those pastries and find it way too sweet, and tasting of nasty fake sugar. You might swallow that one bite, but the rest of it will sit on your desk until you throw it away. That's been my experience with donuts at the office, anyways.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Patrick. Good luck on primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Vagabond is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. So far I can't even stand candy or Soda (I cut those out a long time ago). They actually make me kind of sick with the sweetness.

pup_bailey is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome Patrick. I'm a graduate student working a Clinical Fieldwork placement in a medical setting too, so I feel ya on the schedule. Good luck