Thread: stalled and defeated page

stinika Guest

Primal Fuel

This last August I dove in to Primal eating. I lost some weight (although I don't really weigh myself) and my clothes fit better and I felt a little less puffy. However, with some things that happened in December as well as 2 big ovarian cysts, my eating slipped (A LITTLE) and I think I'm back where I started. (The cysts are hormone producing and have left me bloated as well - plus, I'm on modified physical activity because I can't risk them twisting or rupturing.)

I'm not going to write a novel about my history and everything, but I just needed to share a bit. Maybe this will help me get back on track again. Thanks for listening. If you have any other suggestions, I'm listening.

maba is offline Senior Member

Stalled, maybe. Defeated, hell no! I'm sorry to hear about the cysts stinika. Do what you can, slipping once in a while doesn't mean you've failed. Just continue eating Primal for your next meal.

stinika Guest

Thanks Mamba, I just need to keep doing what I know I need to do. All in all, I know I eat healthier than 95% of the population, but my weight / size is still bigger than I'd like and I just feel pudgy.

Thanks again. I just needed some support.

Christina

emmie is offline Senior Member

Do you have PCOS? My understanding is that PCOS makes it very difficult to lose weight.

Most PCOS women find that low carb will help, but some needs meds--e.g., Metformin--before they can lose.

Have you discussed this with your doctor?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I'm stalled since late August. Defeated? Hell, no! At least I feel better. I attribute that to the loss of 50 pounds AND sticking very, very close to the paleo/primal guidelines.