Thread: Tweaked my wrist yesterday ... anybody help with exercises please page

nitsy is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

So i went indoor rock climbing in a church for the first time yesterday for two hours... enjoyed it i think i am addicted...

that isnt the issue, the issue is i straight after that i went cricket training... havent done any of that training for over a few months so was thoroughly excited... first ball lost my footing and fell over (funny i know got the mick taken out of me by all my team mates.... didnt realise that i had tweaked my wrist until i got home... managed to do a few chin ups so i thought it would be fine...

this morning i tried to do my morning 10 sun salutations, couldnt even do one, couldnt get the arms straight due to the wrist hurting nor any vinyasa... thoroughly disappointed!

alot of grok style training tends to have a lot of pushups, etc. (card game training by the guy who wrote truth about abs)

I was wondering if any one can help with new routines for a week or so.. without pushups to keep going.. i am feeling really disheartened today and i really want to make it for sundays rock climb

I would be very grateful for any help!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

You know what a plank position is?

http://www.sha.tc/wp-content/uploads/abs-bellyblaster.gif

All the weight and pressure is on your forearms; none on the wrists. Tons of variations in that position. Leg lifts, mountain climbers, etc.

If you've got access to a barbell or log, carry it in the crook of your arms, lift it up and down with the elbows, etc.

dragonmamma, thanks i will do that, issue with the mountain climber cant get the hands straight due to wrist but i think i will try the mountain climber in a plank position.. does that sound right? well i'll have to see how that will work out! ....or see if i can do it on my knuckles...

I tend to only do workouts at home and i didnt subscribe to gym, driving to workout at a different location didnt make sense, plus the cost ...didnt want to say that first ...might sound cheap (thou now i do hehe)...

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

I have to say I've tweaked my wrist before and was in the exact same position...not able to do Yoga. I took about a week from any serious pulling/pushing movements to make sure I would heal.

Us climbers kinda rely on our wrists!

I grok, therefore I am.

Lovestoclimb, thanks for that good to hear someone has gone through this to...feels good to be categorised as a climber even thou have only done it once! i'm aiming to start doing it every week on sundays and work my way to the biggest wall in the church within 4 months!

How often do you climb and any tips for a total noob?

Right now, I'm climbing once a week indoors (we have limited access to climbing in Northern Ontario), and once a week ice climbing.

Tips, huh? Just keep doing it. The only way to be a better climber is to just keep exposing yourself to it. Sometimes, go for the smaller holds instead of the jugs you know you can hold on to...then eventually use just the smaller holds. If you really want to excel, get yourself a hangboard. They are a phenominal tool for training/developing finger strength and back strength. http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/training-boards.html

I grok, therefore I am.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I've got some smart-ass advice for you: Don't fall.

dragonmamma... great comment, thanks for caring! on my sundays climb my moto will be 'do not fall'

lovestoclimb.. ice climbing that sounds mental and fun both at the same time! is it tough?... didnt realise there were such things as training borads... did a bit of research and just found out i can get one from a shop literally around the corner from my house... i live in the uk so didnt think i would be able to find it here

Ice climbing, yeah it's tough at times depending on the climb of course. But the more you do it, the easier it becomes!

Oh yeah, you'd definitely be able to find a training board in the UK. Lots and lots of climbing/bouldering in those parts.

I grok, therefore I am.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

yea your right just found numerous climbs to do a bit north from where i am... i am gonna work my ass off on the indoor clims so i can get outdoor for the summer..