Page 52 of 415 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 52

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have been supplementing with iodine/iodide drops, magnesium, vit C and selenium My temp has gone up to nearly normal (not quite there). I suffered Bromide toxicity symptoms at just 500mcg (sadness, fatigue, sore breasts). Had a 2 day break and am now up to 2mg. Still have some occasional symptoms but not as bad as they were. Yesterday I had a craving for salted crisps - ate a large packet throughout the day. I think this was my body craving salt. I live in NZ which is known for low iodine and selenium. They add it to bread here, but of course I don't eat bread - LOL

Grizz is offline Banned
    Re: Bromism: Symptoms and Strategies against Bromide Detox while using Lugols Iodine

Bromine levels should be below 12 mg/ 24hr clearance test. To properly chelate bromide from the system, natural support for the organs of elimination, glutathione pathways, and immune support are needed. Kidney support, Liver support, Selenium, Magnesium, Iodine, and Vitamin C to name a few. Also, the addition of unrefined salt like celtic sea salt is needed for bromide excretion, Epsom salt baths (2 cups in bath) and immune boosting techniques like chiropractic adjustments to support healthy body function.

Source: http://smithchiro.net/articles/Bromide%20Toxicity.pdf

Re: Iodine for breast cancer
    =============================
    Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy
    Best Web site for iodine protocol for breast cancer. Go to pages on iodine.
    Great information for us, ( without all the chatter )
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 05-01-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jo View Post
    I have been supplementing with iodine/iodide drops, magnesium, vit C and selenium My temp has gone up to nearly normal (not quite there). I suffered Bromide toxicity symptoms at just 500mcg (sadness, fatigue, sore breasts). Had a 2 day break and am now up to 2mg. Still have some occasional symptoms but not as bad as they were. Yesterday I had a craving for salted crisps - ate a large packet throughout the day. I think this was my body craving salt. I live in NZ which is known for low iodine and selenium. They add it to bread here, but of course I don't eat bread - LOL
    Jo,
    Congratulations on your progress! Are you taking the required iodine co-supplements to help in your detox? Salt is one of them to help your kidneys to detox (NOT Table Salt!).
    • Selenium (200mcg) or Brazil Nut
    • 400 mg magnesium glycinate (or citrate) (not magnesium oxide )
    • Vitamin C - 3,000 mg
    • vitamins – 100mg B2, 500mg B3 (niacin NOT niacinamide)
    • Unrefined Celtic Sea Salt tsp
    • Ref) Iodine Therapy Guidelines
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

Grizz

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    Grizz,

I`ve started supplementing with lugol`s (in Canada, hard to get other types here) and have been taking kelp. skin patch test is about 3 hours. question though, I`ve read in a couple of places to choose either skin or oral but not to do both. is there a reason for this?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Which lugol's did you get? I can only find the 2% at amazon, 1mg in 3 drops at health stores, or the iodoral at http://breastcancerchoices.org/ordercanada.htm
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maile1 View Post
    Grizz,

I`ve started supplementing with lugol`s (in Canada, hard to get other types here) and have been taking kelp. skin patch test is about 3 hours. question though, I`ve read in a couple of places to choose either skin or oral but not to do both. is there a reason for this?
    maile,
    Do you have a link? I have not seen this anywhere. IMO, you don't get much iodine through the skin because most of it evaporates, and also the skin patch test requires iodine. I have been doing both for almost 2 months with no problems, but I only do the skin patch test once per week.

Yay ! Celebration time!! After 2 months of taking iodine, and the last 2 weeks at 50mg/day, I can finally see a very faint image of my skin patch test after 24 hrs. I will be staying on 50mg for 6 months as recommended by Dr. Brownstein. At that point, I expect to see the patch test be darker after 24 hrs. Then I'll confirm my iodine level with the Urine Loading Test. Also starting today, I'm doing my 50mg daily in 2 doses: at breakfast & at lunch.

Amazon has both 2% and 5%
    http://www.amazon.com/J-CROWS%C2%AE-.../dp/B001PN3BUW

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-25-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    ^^ thanks for that. It looks like they will ship here too.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

How does Lugol's Iodine work?

You can use this in 2 ways:

(1) As an external application or
    (2) In a drink
    Do not use both - choose one or the other.
    triple w healthy dot co dot nz/ailment/2059-lugols-iodine-solution-for-normal-thyroid-function.html

(anytime I post a link it the post never shows)

I`ve seen this in a couple of places but this was the first I could find

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Which lugol's did you get? I can only find the 2% at amazon, 1mg in 3 drops at health stores, or the iodoral at http://breastcancerchoices.org/ordercanada.htm
    I got mine locally (vancouver) at Kripps pharmacy, they have an online ordering system as well (basic but works)

thanks for the link for iodoral I will check it out.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by maile1 View Post
    triple w healthy dot co dot nz/ailment/2059-lugols-iodine-solution-for-normal-thyroid-function.html
    (anytime I post a link it the post never shows)
    I`ve seen this in a couple of places but this was the first I could find
    maile1,
    Your mentioned website does say that you can use the iodine skin test if you are taking iodine with liquid.
    You could also take this in a drink form. Do not use both methods - use one or the other. An internal dosage of Lugol's iodine is generally 1 or 2 drops in a glass of fruit juice, sipped throughout the course of a meal. This dosage depends on your body weight. As a guideline, if you weigh 60kg or less, the recommended amount is 1 drop, taken daily in a meal. If you weigh more than 60kg, the recommended dose is 2 drops instead of one.
    Re-check iodine absorption once per month. Repeat the process as above, if it fades in 24 hours or less.
    Information about Lugol's iodine solution - for normal thyroid function from healthyonline - New Zealand Online Pharmacy
    They were talking about an AGGRESSIVE skin application multiple times per day -vs- liquid iodine when they said don't do both. The skin patch test is not to be done every day. I do it once per week, and they recommend once per month.
    So bottom line is that no reputable doctor that I know recommends an aggressive skin application to become iodine sufficient. All of my favorite doctors recommend either kelp seaweed or iodoral or Lugals to be taken internally.

We must be very careful where we get our medical/nutritional advice - There is a LOT of lies, distortion, confusing and mis-information out there.

I think that your links are being blocked because you don't have enough messages in your history. MDA does this to block spammers.

Grizz