Page 51 of 415 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 51

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Grizz,

Have you run into any info about Gout and Iodine Deficiency? (Not for me--someone else)

Also, I noticed my pee is darker since starting iodine; however I also started a few other supplements around the same time for leaky gut. If I'm not absorbing my iodine very well yet, will it show in my urine as a orangy hue? I've elimated most of the supplements one at a time to see what is causing this (and it may be nothing to worry about anyway) but I've continued with the iodine consistently. Strange though is is that I have been taking 2 Iodoral each morning and my urine is darkest in the morning before I take more iodine. It seems to lighten up during the day and then goes back to dark by morning. Normal? Or should I try stopping the iodine for a few days to see what happens? I haven't had any detox symptoms otherwise. I just read your post about taking the Iodoral throughout the day instead of all at once to go easier on the kidneys. Shoot cuz I was getting ready to order the 50 mg Iodoral too!

I'm not overly worried but I do want to do this the best way for my body.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I definitely feel warmer with my Kelp supplement! For sure!

I take it 4 to 6 per day, but leave my fasting days out (so essentially 2 to 3 per day averaged over eating and fasting days) and I feel great! I plan to keep that down to 4 per day (eating days only) maximum beginning this week. I know some people have suspected overdose symptoms in association with kelp tablets, so I am watching carefully. There's no way I'll experience Iodine overdose (the Iodine content is miniscule compared to Potassium Iodide supplements) but I will nevertheless be alert for any feelings of unwell.
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

newlife77 is offline Member
    Funny how feeling too warm is the opposite of the "sensitivity to cold" that those with an underactive thyroid suffer?! Guess its working then but like some of the other symptoms of iodine healing, they're over exaggerated at first?!

H x
    An English girl who's been on lots of different diets, weight gone up and down but always been a naturalist at heart and have always wondered why "Conventional Wisdom" diets don't allow you to eat red meat and nuts - that are purely natural things?! So feel I've found my niche in the PB/Paleo Lifestyle and really want to make this my way of life for good!!!

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newlife77 View Post
    Funny how feeling too warm is the opposite of the "sensitivity to cold" that those with an underactive thyroid suffer?! Guess its working then but like some of the other symptoms of iodine healing, they're over exaggerated at first?!

H x
    Yes I think so. It is definitely not normal to be sweating in sub zero weather as I am, haha. It's good though... Tells you it's working!
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I still get freezing cold (despite living in Santa Barbara). Like today, the fog rolled in and brrr it's freezing! But in the middle of the night or in the morning I wake up burning hot and stay that way all morning until I get on my scooter and go to work.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    So... I've got cherry angiomas suddenly popping up on my legs (one for sure on each thigh so far, and a couple of pinheads that look like they are coming up on each leg as well).
    And I read that this may be a Bromine issue... ugh, I don't color my hair or anything.

I researched and found that I need to supplement iodine, potassium, mag, a high dose VitC, and Salt.

Presently I eat a generous portion of sea veg about once or twice a week.
    I am on Diamox (Acetazolamide - a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor that in a diuretic) for medical reasons.
    Because of this medication I have to supplement potassium (orally as needed to prevent tingling) and mag (Mag sulfate soak baths 1-2 times a week).
    I have VitC and will work up to the suggested 10k slowly as I have a touchy digestive system.
    Also been avoiding oral Mag due to the touchy GI tract issues.

Also, I CANNOT consume salt or sodium. The medication is to help lower my intracranial pressure, and consuming salt counter acts this process, increases my cerebrospinal fluid this raising the pressure, and makes me very ill. I haven't consumed any really measurable amount of salt since Dec '11. Except once or twice, and then I paid dearly for the mistake.

Any other suggestions to add to what I'm already doing to help?
    I DO have a bottle of Lugol's because I have a reef aquarium... but it's branded and sold as a fish/coral medication/dip (Kent)... not really bottled for human consumption. Not sure if there is a big difference.... ?
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Elthea is offline Member
    cori93437,

If you can, check into whether the cherry angiomas could be related to estrogen dominance issues. I seem to recall something from Dr. Kruse to that effect, but I don't remember if that was on his site or in the monster leptin thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Elthea View Post
    cori93437,

If you can, check into whether the cherry angiomas could be related to estrogen dominance issues. I seem to recall something from Dr. Kruse to that effect, but I don't remember if that was on his site or in the monster leptin thread.
    Hmm... I'll do some reading and check the Kruse site... that MONSTER thread scares me. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Elthea View Post
    cori93437,

Responding Again...
    Well CRAP... I think you've hit the nail on the head.

My medical condition is rare (maybe 1 in 10k), and found predominantly in overweight WOMEN... I've done much reading on it and some researchers believe that there is a hormonal imbalance at play due to the fact that A.) men, including overweight men, are MUCH less affected, and B.) weight loss down to a "normal BMI" is only effective for remission in about 15% of cases.

I've asked my doc about some of the other symptoms listed in estrogen dominance before without much concern on her part... but some of these things have gotten much worse in the past year. I was too busy worrying about other MAJOR symptoms to pay them much heed.

Now... on to trying to fix me I guess. *sigh*
    It's never as easy as you think it will be is it?
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Elthea is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It's never as easy as you think it will be is it?

It's never as easy as you hope. But you have hope, because you're figuring out what steps to take. Yep, not easy. But how much better than the slew of hopeless people who don't even know there's a way out?