Page 415 of 415 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415
Results 4,141 to 4,145 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 415

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Sodium alginate, is the basis of the original MSG, the glutamic acid being derived from seaweed, kombu(kelp) specifically. It's a chelator, flavor enhancer & yes, it is an excellent detox agent. Even useful in binding heavy metals & rendering radioactive isotopes inert & thus speeding their possible removal from the body. Japanese atomic bomb victims who consumed lots of seaweeds, miso soup, brown rice (good for the bran in absorbing things), pickles & other traditional, whole, indigenous foods, fared much better, hell they lived & recovered, whereas their white rice, sugar eating countrymen did not do well, most did not recover or survive the aftermaths of Nagasaki nor Hiroshima. There is tons of studies documenting this.
    Hmm. Thanks for the info *she says while munching on a SeaSnax*

But I wonder if sodium alginate gives people who are sensitive to MSG problems or if it is only the refined product that is unhealthy to many.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-31-2012 at 12:56 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hmm. Thanks for the info *she says while munching on a SeaSnax*

But I wonder if sodium alginate gives people who are sensitive to MSG problems or if it is only the refined product that is unhealthy to many.
    I'd put my money on the latter... akin to the difference between chewing some coca leaves while hiking in the andes, and snorting lines off a hookers butt.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I'd put my money on the latter... akin to the difference between chewing some coca leaves while hiking in the andes, and snorting lines off a hookers butt.
    Definately, it is the hookers butt that makes the coca dangerous.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post

I had the GI Effects test, which tells you what kinds of bacteria, yeast, or other organisms are in your gut. Here's a sample report:
    http://www.metametrix.com/files/test...unction-SR.pdf
    You can see the green zone is desirable, lower or higher is bad. You can have too much of the good bacteria, too.
    Here's the interpretive guide for the test, which explains about each bacterium: http://www.metametrix.com/files/test...Effects-IG.pdf
    Take a gander at Mark's blog today. That should give you some ideas.

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Sceptic;916977...

Hmm. That still leaves open the possibility of taking large doses of potassium with your large doses of sodium, if it's just blood pressure that's at issue from sodium intake. Has anyone with sodium related blood pressure issues tried dosing themselves with equally ludicrous amounts of potassium at the same time? If so, did it make any difference?[/QUOTE]

Look up hyperkalemia in Wikipedia. Hyperkalemia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    One of the expected effects is cardiac arrhythmia, often followed by death. No thanks.