Page 413 of 415 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415 LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 413

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    I agree. I'd start with banning you Grizz. Your behavior and treatment of people is atrocious. Look in the mirror, you are far nastier than anyone you've accused.
    Thanks Elaine! Needed to be said.

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Exactly. But please note - if you post anything rational on this thread, you are likely to be labelled as a troll.... And your above post is eminently rational...
    Well we can't be having that, can we? Ad hominim attacks seem to be in fashion, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly a rabid baby eating sugar snorting leper with bad breath, poor fashion sense, and acne. Probably as a result of using the wrong amount of iodine

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    Well we can't be having that, can we? Ad hominim attacks seem to be in fashion, and anyone who disagrees with me is clearly a rabid baby eating sugar snorting leper with bad breath, poor fashion sense, and acne. Probably as a result of using the wrong amount of iodine
    I was actually agreeing with you...! I think your comment is totally right.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    I was actually agreeing with you...! I think your comment is totally right.
    I know. And I was exercising what passes for my sense of humour

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Would potassium chloride be effective for flushing out the bromides etc? If the sodium content is the main factor in upping blood pressure (which I wouldn't necessarily bet on, but still...), and the chlorine content is what's displacing the bromine and helping to flush it out, then presumably it would be a slightly safer alternative for those who can't handle an increased sodium intake.
    I saw someone saying on Curezone that it's the chloride that flushes the bromine, & I've seen it mentioned here a few times, but not with any references that I recall. The trouble is the only study I've seen on the subject concludes that it's the sodium doing the flushing, not the chloride http://www.biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/54/54_639.pdf

Plus, I vaguely recall reading something about increased potassium intake lowering blood pressure.
    Indeed. Bananas are often recommended for lowering blood pressure due to their potassium content. This is quite interesting http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00474-0081.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    Can't address all your questions, but as a longterm ulcer sufferer (to the point of bleeding and threatened hospitalization) from a family with many ulcers, I can verify that drinking lots of water dilutes the burning . Same amount of acid, but diluted.
    Exactly, which is just as you'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    I saw someone saying on Curezone that it's the chloride that flushes the bromine, & I've seen it mentioned here a few times, but not with any references that I recall. The trouble is the only study I've seen on the subject concludes that it's the sodium doing the flushing, not the chloride http://www.biomed.cas.cz/physiolres/pdf/54/54_639.pdf
    Well, there goes that theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    Indeed. Bananas are often recommended for lowering blood pressure due to their potassium content. This is quite interesting http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00474-0081.pdf
    Hmm. That still leaves open the possibility of taking large doses of potassium with your large doses of sodium, if it's just blood pressure that's at issue from sodium intake. Has anyone with sodium related blood pressure issues tried dosing themselves with equally ludicrous amounts of potassium at the same time? If so, did it make any difference?

Well, there goes that theory...
    I wouldn't take one study on rats as definitive, but it should make you question the source of the 'chloride theory'. It may be there are other studies that back it up, or it could just be something somebody wrote on the internet, which was then believed by hordes of gullible people.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    I've heard some H.pylori is good...
    I don't know either way, but there are good strains and bad strings of E.Coli and Streptocaccus. The E.Coli in your stomach is good, but you don't want cow's E.Coli. The streptocaccus in yogurt cultures is good, but not the one you obtain when walking through hospitals....

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I was surfing this morning and found this from the Linus Pauling Institute:

Iodine excess

It is rare for diets of natural foods to supply more than 2,000 mcg of iodine/day, and most diets supply less than 1,000 mcg of iodine/day. People living in the northern coastal regions of Japan, whose diets contain large amounts of seaweed, have been found to have iodine intakes ranging from 50,000 to 80,000 mcg (50-80 mg) of iodine/day (1).
    And this:

Acute toxicity

Acute iodine poisoning is rare and usually occurs only with doses of many grams. Symptoms of acute iodine poisoning include burning of the mouth, throat, and stomach; fever; nausea; vomiting; diarrhea; a weak pulse; and coma (6).
    Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John