Page 412 of 415 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 412

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And on the bright side... a new set of healthy gut flora is pretty easy to recultivate with probiotics after the antibiotic medication has done it's job beating back the bad bugs so that your stomach can heal.
    It's a bit of a give and take process. Getting new healthy flora started post treatment is important in preventing recurrences.
    Agreed. I've had massive antibiotics in the past, beads implanted in my knee during reconstructive surgery, as well as heavy oral dosages before, during & post-operatively along w/ steroids to repress my immune system so grafted parts wouldn't be rejected. When it was all over, I regained my gut flora & all was well again in time. Ulcers are now curable with antibiotics, so why suffer & damage your health with leaky guts when you ought not to.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    Maybe I was imagining reading that there was such a thing as good H.pylori...oh well..I don't have it by the way..or I'm pretty sure I don't. No ulcer issues or anything...not sure what I said to make someone think that...oh well.
    It's not a matter of good or bad H. pylori. That said, where it is in the body will be important. See How Antibiotics Make You Fat | Mark's Daily Apple for the post that you were probably thinking of.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Medscape: Medscape Access
    Interesting find. Looking for more..so much stuff out there.
    http://lifecarechiropractic.com/blog/2011/4-reasons-why-the-ulcer-bacteria-h-pylori-is-good-for-you/
    http://www.corecharity.org.uk/Helicobacter-pylori.html

I tried googling this before and didn't get so much...I wonder if I used different terms or if its new...need to check dates on this stuff I guess.
    Last edited by Raiken3712; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I know that MDA eschews conventional medicine, but ulcers is one thing that conventional medicine has figured out.
    Are you considering antibiotics for the H. Pylori?
    Yes, it's antibiotics, but how much worse can it be than an ulcer?
    My wife cured her ulcer and got rid of the H. Pylori with manuka honey. Manuka honey is from New Zealand and is very strong. She ate so much she has not gotten back to eating honey any longer.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You are reported again ! Lets hope the administrator revokes your membership for being INSULTING, RUDE and a WiseGuy.

IMO, the administrator needs to start revoking a lot of memberships to eliminate all the RUDENESS that has taken over in this board.

Grizz
    I agree. I'd start with banning you Grizz. Your behavior and treatment of people is atrocious. Look in the mirror, you are far nastier than anyone you've accused.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Sceptic is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    My wife cured her ulcer and got rid of the H. Pylori with manuka honey. Manuka honey is from New Zealand and is very strong. She ate so much she has not gotten back to eating honey any longer.
    Apparently Kanuka honey is even better. On the other hand, I'm not sure how easy it is to find, even in NZ. (http://mro.massey.ac.nz/handle/10179/2997)

Edit: Add a link
    Last edited by Sceptic; 07-30-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    If even the questioners of iodine are labeled trolls and filtered out, then what else is being filtered out? I don't know... because it's filtered out. There's enough evidence that Megadoses of iodine is not lethal, but that's about all I know. 2 mg is about 1 big piece of seaweed. I figure that's enough
    Curezone doesn't filter out people who question iodine. They just don't allow the incivility that is in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    What I would really like is a breakdown of the different good beneficial bacteria and where to find them. What they are good for etc..I'm guessing more information will be out there at some point...bacteria is an evolving science just like everything.

Some yogurt has such and such cultures...while other yogurts have different ones...same with different cheeses, Kefir, Kombuncha etc.. etc.. I'd love to know more about what strains are most important and where to get them.
    I had the GI Effects test, which tells you what kinds of bacteria, yeast, or other organisms are in your gut. Here's a sample report:
    http://www.metametrix.com/files/test...unction-SR.pdf
    You can see the green zone is desirable, lower or higher is bad. You can have too much of the good bacteria, too.
    Here's the interpretive guide for the test, which explains about each bacterium: http://www.metametrix.com/files/test...Effects-IG.pdf

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Before anyone deletes the thread, I MUST comment on this:

I find this extremely disturbing. EXTREMELY.

What if someone on Curezone tried an N=1 iodine protocol, and for some reason it didn't work for them, and they came back and say it didn't work? Would Curezone call them a "troll" and ban them? (Because, Grizz, this is exactly what you are threatening here.)

If that's what they do, then no wonder Curezone is full of success stories... because they filter out all the failures! Purposely hiding negative results, and then claiming that the positive results are "research," is dangerous, immoral, and possibly illegal. Haven't Pharma companies been sued for stuff like this?

Based on this comment alone, Curezone cannot be trusted.

Nor am I sure that putting in the disclaimer to take supplements -- as Grizz often does -- is sufficient.
    Brilliant - I hadn't thought of this, but you are absolutely right. Positive discrimination, in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    Great stuff! That seals the deal for me. I'm going to make sure that I do the salt loading first thing in the morning, an hour or 2 before my iodine. I don't know if the comment by Monica999 that it increases bromide elimination 10 fold is backed up by anything, but Savegrace's story of his receptionist is enough to convince me that the salt is what I've been missing.
    I've got the good pink himalayan stuff.
    Do you have a blood pressure monitor? It might be a good plan to check your BP before starting the salt loading, and keep checking, just in case you are sensitive to salt. In my own case, my blood pressure shot up to the extent that I had to totally cut out salt - totally - to get it back down to safe levels. I don't say this to be alarmist - just as a safety net.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
    Shouldn't a debate forum be for people interested in finding out the truth as opposed to just taking things on faith (either for or against)? We should ask questions and not be afraid of hearing the answers, because to do otherwise is to stick our heads in the sand. Perhaps iodine in large amount is injurious to the health over the long term. Perhaps not taking iodine in large amounts causes health issues in the long term. To avoid a rational debate is to ignore the possibility that our preconceptions are simply wrong. And that would be a mistake.
    Exactly. But please note - if you post anything rational on this thread, you are likely to be labelled as a troll.... And your above post is eminently rational...