Page 405 of 415 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 405

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    The iodine crowd believes that unrefined salt does not raise your blood pressure, only refined salt does. The more recent science says that salt raises blood pressure for some people, but not for most. Those people who are salt sensitive should be much more careful.
    The person who appears to have started the recent dispute about whether salt really raises blood pressure is David McCarron, M.D. Unfortunately he consults for the food industry, including writing for the European Salt Producers' Association. So whilst he may be correct, the 'follow the money' caveat applies.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    What's the betting that had the internet been around then, there would've been a group of people on a forum recommending far higher fluoride intake? I guess they'd feel pretty stupid now.
    Very good point

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I like the exchange of info, opinions, and citations/references. I don't mind disagreements like 'no, that's not true because of this, this, and this' or 'that 'Dr' works for [insert big pharma company here]'. But it seems some members on both sides are sometimes personal in their disagreements and unpleasant in their tone & manner. I wish those engaging in the 'sneer' campaigns would stop sniping and stick to their facts and opinions on the data and citations at hand. I'd be sorry if this thread was limited to only personal progress reports (important but not everything needed to make up my mind) and angry lash-outs. I'm truly appreciating the information exchange and differing opinions. Thanks to some of you for giving me much food for thought and links to read.

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    What if the truth is that in a few years/decades time, it's discovered that taking 50mg of iodine a day causes long-term health problems? It isn't that long ago that fluoride was seen as the miracle cure for tooth decay. What's the betting that had the internet been around then, there would've been a group of people on a forum recommending far higher fluoride intake? I guess they'd feel pretty stupid now.
    Fluoride for tooth decay is the mainstream view today -- Look at all the advertisements and products. The anti-flouride is the alternative view.

Contrary, anti-iodine seems to be mainstream view today. IMHO, the pro-iodine is the alternative view today.

Also pro-iodine was the mainstream view not too long distance past. Check these old Kelpin' Bread adverts in the 1930s... iodinehistory ... What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post
    Fluoride for tooth decay is the mainstream view today -- Look at all the advertisements and products. The anti-flouride is the alternative view.

Contrary, anti-iodine seems to be mainstream view today.
    I'm not really sure what your point is; whether something's mainstream or not is irrelevant to the point I made.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Originally Posted by DuhPrincess
    Perhaps those of us who are actually using Iodine could start a new thread so we could share our experiences with each other. Then the rest of you could stay here and complain about anything and everything like you already do. What? You want answers? You think you're entitled? When it comes to iodine, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by radialhead
    What if the truth is that in a few years/decades time, it's discovered that taking 50mg of iodine a day causes long-term health problems? It isn't that long ago that fluoride was seen as the miracle cure for tooth decay. What's the betting that had the internet been around then, there would've been a group of people on a forum recommending far higher fluoride intake? I guess they'd feel pretty stupid now.
    @@Princess,

I invite you and the other advanced iodine users to graduate from this thread and move into the advanced Iodine Forum at the Curezone.
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 265, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

There is just no point in wasting time & energy over all the Trolls who have taken over this thread. I'll meet you there.

@@radialhead,
    If you don't like iodine, then don't take it. What are you even dong in this thread???

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    @@radialhead,
    If you don't like iodine, then don't take it.
    I do like iodine, & will continue to take it.

What are you even dong in this thread???
    Reading, learning, questioning, & occasionally laughing.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Grizz, I'd like to go to Curezone, but that format is awful. And I clicked on the Alternative Layout - it's better, but still weird. Do we just have to put up with it that way, or am I missing something?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Originally Posted by radialhead
    What if the truth is that in a few years/decades time, it's discovered that taking 50mg of iodine a day causes long-term health problems?
    Then why are you complaining & nit picking those of us following the Dr. Brownstein Protocol? YOU ARE A TROLL, and I am reporting you.

Grizz

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Then why are you complaining & nit picking those of us following the Dr. Brownstein Protocol?
    I'm neither complaining nor nit picking - I purely question the safety & necessity of that level of supplementation on a daily basis.

YOU ARE A TROLL, and I am reporting you.
    Grow up Grizz.