Page 404 of 415 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 404

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Yes cori, I am sorry if I hurt you as you say you are sick.

I haven't completely been well either.

t2t

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    i'm curious how this thread is a joke now, compared to before
    Bloodorchid, I think I'll take that with fries...

Oh. I sound like you now!
    it was a serious question

are you asking for fries with my shake?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    @magicmerl,

Ask me that question when you ask the real trouble makers first. And why didn't tell them their many posts were unnecessary? I am not saying I am right on all my posts but neither are they.
    Look, the 'truth' about Iodine is something like this:
    1. We don't need to take extra iodine
    2. We could take a little extra iodine
    3. We could take a lot of extra iodine

disclaimer: I do not take any Iodine supplements of any kind. This would appear to put me in camp #1. And that's fine, live and let live etc. BUT, if I start posting frequently telling everybody they don't need to take any iodine at all, and someone posts various studies etc that appear to show the benefits of iodine, to my mind that puts an extra onus on me to respond to criticisms people have of my position. What should I do?
    a. Ignore their posts, disparage them personally, maybe even block them so I don't have to be affronted by unwelcome information?
    b. Attemp to refute the information (either a poor study, testing the wrong thing, or a source with no credibility)
    c. Change my position based on the new information

What I see in this thread is people in the mega-iodine camp adopting positiong A. And I can't respect that. It just seems too much like this article on political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by the article said
    What can't we say? One way to find these ideas is simply to look at things people do say, and get in trouble for. [2]

Of course, we're not just looking for things we can't say. We're looking for things we can't say that are true, or at least have enough chance of being true that the question should remain open. But many of the things people get in trouble for saying probably do make it over this second, lower threshold. No one gets in trouble for saying that 2 + 2 is 5, or that people in Pittsburgh are ten feet tall. Such obviously false statements might be treated as jokes, or at worst as evidence of insanity, but they are not likely to make anyone mad. The statements that make people mad are the ones they worry might be believed. I suspect the statements that make people maddest are those they worry might be true.
    When I see someone attempting to shout out their opposition (rather than debate the merits of the points raised) then that sets off a flashing red light in my head that their position is not well founded.

I have not seen anywhere in this thread anything that comes close to alleviating my concerns about iodine toxicity. It was posted early on, but ignored. When I asked again, Grizz responded by passively aggressively suggesting that I pick a doctors protocol and go with it. What kind of response is that?

This whole thread has been made a joke.
    You're right about that. But I think that the most disturbing part of the thread is how grizz openly advocates what seems like a disturbingly high amount of iodine, yet does not seem to have ways of responding to valid criticisms that I read as credible.

This annoys me, because if there's something to Iodine, I want to know about it too and adapt accordingly.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 07-29-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps those of us who are actually using Iodine could start a new thread so we could share our experiences with each other. Then the rest of you could stay here and complain about anything and everything like you already do. What? You want answers? You think you're entitled? When it comes to iodine, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I mean, I've got most of you on "Ignore" already but I still have to wade through your toxic comments when someone else quotes your posts. So tired of y'all wasting my time when I come here to read about iodine and related topics. Just talk to your doctors if you want "valid" iodine advice. You don't want to consider the views of the doctors who are already successfully treating people with serious medical issues so I have no idea how to help you here. In fact, you shouldn't take iodine at all--just eat lots of Kelp and Seaweed and leave the rest of us alone while we try to detox bromides and halides.

I don't plan to change my point of view anytime soon just because the paid Big Pharma Whore--"Quackwatch"--says so.

I think Owl had the best advice for all of us--get tested so then we each know how we're doing with or without iodine supplementation. In the meantime, I would like a safe place to post my questions or results with other interested and/or experienced ones. Is this too much to ask???? Apparently it is.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    so posting alternating points of view on the same topic is harshing your buzz?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    Perhaps those of us who are actually using Iodine could start a new thread so we could share our experiences with each other. Then the rest of you could stay here and complain about anything and everything like you already do. What? You want answers? You think you're entitled? When it comes to iodine, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I mean, I've got most of you on "Ignore" already but I still have to wade through your toxic comments when someone else quotes your posts. So tired of y'all wasting my time when I come here to read about iodine and related topics. Just talk to your doctors if you want "valid" iodine advice. You don't want to consider the views of the doctors who are already successfully treating people with serious medical issues so I have no idea how to help you here. In fact, you shouldn't take iodine at all--just eat lots of Kelp and Seaweed and leave the rest of us alone while we try to detox bromides and halides.

I don't plan to change my point of view anytime soon just because the paid Big Pharma Whore--"Quackwatch"--says so.

I think Owl had the best advice for all of us--get tested so then we each know how we're doing with or without iodine supplementation. In the meantime, I would like a safe place to post my questions or results with other interested and/or experienced ones. Is this too much to ask???? Apparently it is.
    I like your idea of starting a new thread. I know I would like to share my progress with folks would are also trying to detox halides. I shudder to think that if I share a "negative symptom," the anti-iodine camp would say "See-see I told you so!" or start screaming iodine toxicity, or accusing me of having a flying pet monkey or something or start self-congratulating each other with gold stars; or all of the above.

I don't see the need to have to cite scientific studies to defend my own self-experiment. I just want a place to share information without all these judgements. The mega-dose people are well aware of the "so-called dangers" of mega-doses in short time; in fact, they do remind those who want to detox to start real slow, at low dosages, and listen to your body, AND consult your doctor if you are more comfortable with it.
    Last edited by chahaya; 07-29-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Uh, I'm not in the 'mega-dose' camp, but I don't regard quackwatch as a reliable source either. Sorry.
    No need to apologise, there are plenty of other sources for information on him. Reading some of his ideas should give you a good laugh if nothing else.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post
    I like your idea of starting a new thread. I know I would like to share my progress with folks would are also trying to detox halides. I shudder to think that if I share a "negative symptom," the anti-iodine camp would say "See-see I told you so!" or start screaming iodine toxicity, or accusing me of having a flying pet monkey or something or start self-congratulating each other with gold stars; or all of the above.

I don't see the need to have to cite scientific studies to defend my own self-experiment. I just want a place to share information without all these judgements. The mega-dose people are well aware of the "so-called dangers" of mega-doses in short time; in fact, they do remind those who want to detox to start real slow, at low dosages, and listen to your body, AND consult your doctor if you are more comfortable with it.
    A new thread is not the answer. The Trolls like PoopBird & her flock will still swoop in to infect it. The answer is to somehow get the Moderators to respond to complaints about the Trolls and actually DO SOMETHING. I have "Reported" this post to maybe get the moderators attention. The Trolls have ruined this thread and they will ruin any other thread that attempts to be serious about iodine. I have reported Trolls in the past and moderators seem to do nothing.

I have a better idea. All of us who are serious about iodine move over to the Curezone. The moderators over there will NOT tolerate Trolls. They get kicked off the board on their 1st whiney, nit picking, crying post, IMO, Poopbird and her Flock of Trolls could not survive one day at the Curezone.

I am already a member over there, so is Zophie. Here is the link:
    Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 265, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

We just abandon Marks Daily Apple and let the Trolls rip this thread into little pieces as they see fit.

See y'all over at the Curezone.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-30-2012 at 12:40 AM.

So the lambast crew have just been dosed with their own vile medicine. Quackwatch down in flames... Come on guys and girls lambast. Oh, wait it was one of their own "Radialhead".
    Did you bother to check the points raised on Quackwatch with other sources? Can you point me towards the documented research that Batmanghelidj claims to have done? Do you believe that the body splits water into hydrogen & oxygen to use as its main source of energy? Can you think of any reason why drinking lots of water might alleviate the pain of a stomach ulcer?

Quote Originally Posted by DuhPrincess View Post
    What if the truth is that in a few years/decades time, it's discovered that taking 50mg of iodine a day causes long-term health problems? It isn't that long ago that fluoride was seen as the miracle cure for tooth decay. What's the betting that had the internet been around then, there would've been a group of people on a forum recommending far higher fluoride intake? I guess they'd feel pretty stupid now.