Page 402 of 415 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 402

  1. #4011
    Ferti's Avatar
    Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    211
    Hazel eyes are an indominant brown, so a brown and a blue which would be brown but the brown is not completely dominant. I have hazel, my dad had hazel. The varying shades have to do with particular protein so diet could play a part in that. When I found my little kitten abandoned in the woods she had brown eyes001.jpg. Within a few weeks she had green eyesIMG_0377.jpg

  2. #4012
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That would be weird... because my husband has had 100% Hazel eyes since infancy.
    Born the same foggy blue as every other baby of course, but once they cleared... Hazel.
    Which for him means that they can look about 100 different versions of blue or green or golden brown depending on the light and what clothing he wears.

    I do however believe that a persons eye color can lighten/darken over time. It happens.
    Well, my eyes are brown but they have a rainbow assortment of colours in there too. Once at a Whole Life Expo, where I used to do lots of Shiatsu & Thai Massage to make $ & promote my classes, I had an Iridologist come by my booth & look at me oddly. He asked if he could look into my eyes with a flashlight & I said, "Sure, whatever dude.." He did & then left & brought back 2 of his Iridologist buddies & they went all high school girly goo goo gaa gaa over my lovely multi-coloured eyes. It was funny then & it's funny now thinking about it again. There's woo-woo & then there's some woo-woo-like stuff that is actually, in the final analysis, quite legit. It's sometimes hard to discern which is which at 1st or even a 2nd glance...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  3. #4013
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Well, my eyes are brown but they have a rainbow assortment of colours in there too. Once at a Whole Life Expo, where I used to do lots of Shiatsu & Thai Massage to make $ & promote my classes, I had an Iridologist come by my booth & look at me oddly. He asked if he could look into my eyes with a flashlight & I said, "Sure, whatever dude.." He did & then left & brought back 2 of his Iridologist buddies & they went all high school girly goo goo gaa gaa over my lovely multi-coloured eyes. It was funny then & it's funny now thinking about it again. There's woo-woo & then there's some woo-woo-like stuff that is actually, in the final analysis, quite legit. It's sometimes hard to discern which is which at 1st or even a 2nd glance...
    Nah... I was just saying that toxins aren't the only reason for Hazel eyes... or even changing eye color.

    My own eyes are a mixed bag.
    Not really blue, not really green... a mix of colors like you say. And I can play them up to be either a little more blue or a definite green is I feel like it.
    And the right one has a genuine freckle of brown that has been there since I was a very small child.
    I've always had lots of comments and compliments on my eye color.

    My sons are huge and a pure deep cornflower blue... The ladies seem to like them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  4. #4014
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Nah... I was just saying that toxins aren't the only reason for Hazel eyes... or even changing eye color. My own eyes are a mixed bag. Not really blue, not really green... a mix of colors like you say. And I can play them up to be either a little more blue or a definite green is I feel like it.
    And the right one has a genuine freckle of brown that has been there since I was a very small child.
    I've always had lots of comments and compliments on my eye color.

    My sons are huge and a pure deep cornflower blue... The ladies seem to like them.
    Yeah, the ladies do like 'em on the boys... My son has these beautiful big almond shaped brown eyes & long wildly curly hair, the ladies when I'd take him to summer parties, were all crazy to hold him in their laps...Haha
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  5. #4015
    Raiken3712's Avatar
    Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    573
    BG 5: PARADIGM DRIFTS PARADIGM SHIFTS: EPI-PALEO? - Jack Kruse
    BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx - Jack Kruse
    The last two blog posts of Jacks might be an interesting read since its related to this topic.
    Age: 28
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

  6. #4016
    Hoss2626's Avatar
    Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    If Zophie's eyes have gone from green to purple - I think that is something to seriously worry about. Purple is not a natural human eye colour - what else is happening to her? Could the appearance of "vitality" be skin changing colour subtly, too? I'd be very concerned about this. And she is on 200 mg daily - that is massive. About 200 / 400 times the amount recommended by Dr Davis.

    This may have already been dealt with, but I just have to chime in on the three of you. It is obvious from this woman's post that she is wearing colored contact lenses. Iodine did not cause her eyes to change color. Give me a break!

    Edit: Ok, I re-read the post and it does appear that she is giving "credit" to her eyes changing color from the Iodine. My apologies. What got me going was the criticism of the post where the woman made a comment about the cost of a car. I read that one as the cost of the surgery would be the same as the cost of a car, not the surgeon would get a car from the surgery. I realize this is ancient history ago in this thread, but it did irritate me a bit.
    Last edited by Hoss2626; 07-29-2012 at 08:27 PM.

  7. #4017
    Hoss2626's Avatar
    Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    YES ! IMO, 1.5mg more a week is a lot of iodine if you are extremely toxic. You might want to increase your daily salt intake and your salt flushing intervals....- - - If you can’t tolerate salt, then mix it into Lemonade
    Grizz

    I just eat the salt straight and drink water after. I found this easier than putting the salt straight into the water, which grossed me out.

  8. #4018
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    You carry on posting every bit of crap from every nutcase you can find t2t, & I'll carry on posting alternative views to balance it where necessary. Except for things like that Budwig Center - no point with that as nobody other than you & Grizz would think that was serious for more than a split second.
    Uh, I'm not in the 'mega-dose' camp, but I don't regard quackwatch as a reliable source either. Sorry.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  9. #4019
    DuhPrincess's Avatar
    DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Uh, I'm not in the 'mega-dose' camp, but I don't regard quackwatch as a reliable source either. Sorry.
    Ditto.

  10. #4020
    t2t's Avatar
    t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    98
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So the lambast crew have just been dosed with their own vile medicine. Quackwatch down in flames... Come on guys and girls lambast. Oh, wait it was one of their own "Radialhead".

    Come on cori speak up, be fair, apply your biased assertions toward Radialhead,

    The assertions are completely ridiculous.

    I simply do not understand the promotion of these patent falsehoods that have no evidence to back them, from 'doctors' with no credibility, as some sort of important truths.

    The FDA, AMA, ADA would be soooooo proud of you all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •