Page 401 of 415 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 401

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    Dr. F. Batmanghelidj, MD, the author of “You Are Not Sick, You’re Thirsty!”, explains that salt has many other important functions than just regulating the water content of the body…
    Some Notes on Dr. Batmanghelidj's Silly "Water Cure"

Don't think I'll take much notice of what Dr. F. Batmanghelidj said.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    Some Notes on Dr. Batmanghelidj's Silly "Water Cure"

Don't think I'll take much notice of what Dr. F. Batmanghelidj said.
    Yeah...
    So, how did the human species ever manage to survive and reproduce before modern salt trade, and then the advent of cheap/readily available salt, when they were consuming only about 750mcg per day from foods?? Wouldn't they have just been TOO sick!?
    What a load of bunk.

Also, I drink about 1-2 gallons of water a day.
    I'm an incredibly sick person.
    Prior to my current illness I used lots of SALT...
    I now use only the mare minimum (because of a medical issue).
    The use or not use has made no difference.
    I got sick drinking a ton of water and using a ton of salt (natural Himalayan pink and grey sea salts).
    I'm the same degree of sick drinking a ton of water and using minimal salt.

The assertions are completely ridiculous.

I simply do not understand the promotion of these patent falsehoods, that have no evidence to back them, from 'doctors' with no credibility, as some sort of important truths.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah...
    So, how did the human species ever manage to survive and reproduce before modern salt trade, and then the advent of cheap/readily available salt, when they were consuming only about 750mcg per day from foods?? Wouldn't they have just been TOO sick!? What a load of bunk.
    Also, I drink about 1-2 gallons of water a day.
    I'm an incredibly sick person.
    Prior to my current illness I used lots of SALT...
    I now use only the mare minimum (because of a medical issue).
    The use or not use has made no difference.
    I got sick drinking a ton of water and using a ton of salt (natural Himalayan pink and grey sea salts).
    I'm the same degree of sick drinking a ton of water and using minimal salt.

The assertions are completely ridiculous.
    I simply do not understand the promotion of these patent falsehoods, that have no evidence to back them, from 'doctors' with no credibility, as some sort of important truths.
    maybe some doctors are financially motivated? i dunno, i'm a simple man. my motto, one of them, is "progress not perfection". my serious navel gazing days are behind me, i wanna have fun & live free
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    i wanna have fun & live free
    Me too...
    I'm going to go see a Doc about getting a hole drilled in my skull tomorrow so that I might be able to do that again in this life.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    @radialhead.

I choose not to take much notice for people, who "like" Quackwatch and founders' like quackbuster Stephen Barrett, who are uncritical apologists and propagandists of conventional treatments. Fortunately, these quackbusters have been exposed as liars in U.S. courts and their ties with FDA, AMA, etc. were unmasked:

Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch Exposed In Court Cases, critic of lyme disease doctors and diagnosis
    http://www.bolenreport.net/feature_arti ... cle060.htm
    http://www.humanticsfoundation.com/barr ... enthal.htm
    Tim Bolen's Millions of Health Freedom Fighters - Newsletter
    QUACKWATCHERS
    HEALTHFREEDOMLAW Alternative Medicine, Carlos Negrete

Stephen Barrett is now delicensed (he voluntarily gave up his Pennsylvania medical license, the last of four medical licenses he once held, in the early 1990’s
    One of Barrett’s anti health-choice activities is to frequently file libel lawsuits against non-conventional health care practitioners, manufacturers and publishers. He testified in court to filing lawsuits against at least forty individuals.

One of these lawsuits was filed against well known chiropractor, Dr. Tedd Koren and his publishing company, Koren Publications in 2003. Perhaps it is no coincidence that Barrett admits that he is a consultant to the FTC who unsuccessfully tried to destroy Koren’s publishing business in the 1990’s using tactics intimately familiar to the CCHI and NCAHF. The FTC investigation was withdrawn after a full briefing of the facts to FTC officials by Dr. Koren’s attorneys.

Is Stephen Barrett a Quack? Quackwatch review by Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Quackbuster Stephen Barrett exposed in court for fraud : Health Issues / Alternative Treatments / Holistic Remedies

Radialhead you never, i mean never compliment anything that's worthwhile.

You are so caught up in your rightness, you have missed the message. Minerals are stripped from common table salt and it is unhealthy for you.

Are you sad that you couldn't find some dirt on Kell Kurtz, whose great article on "healthy" water might be a life saver for many?
    I want to share good health with people, as the FDA, AMA, ADA, etc only wants to poison, make people sick and make MONEY.

checkmate...

If you are pissed at my message just take deep breaths from a paper bag. (check with Quackwatch for bromine in the bag)

t2t
    Last edited by t2t; 07-29-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: more added humor

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Regarding eye color change. Denise Minger has commented that her eyes changed color when she went raw.

About « Raw Food SOS

But it was light brown to hazel, and she chalks it up to increased glutathione in her diet. Kind of interesting.
    According to what I was taught, eons ago, hazel is basically a blue-eyed person with toxic overlays. The fact the overall "brown" lightened up to hazel (green plus brown tints) indicates that if she gives it more time, Denise may yet find blue shades replacing green, and overall lightening of brownish tints. And I'd give the credit to whatever lifestyle changes she is making that are detoxing her. Wonder if she knows about iodine?

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    The salt did that to me - went from usual 115 / 75 to 150 / 110. Freaked me out. I have stopped salt altogether now and it's back almost to usual. I think the salt thing is utterly irresponsible - it could cause people to have strokes or die.

I also feel more and more strongly that high iodine supplementing is bad too. Especially in view of the fact that the much quoted Japanese average intake of 13.5 mg daily turns out to be totally mistaken.

I'd love to know what the Inuit intake of iodine is. Anyone have data on that?
    Try this one: Changes in iodine excretion in 50-69-y-old de... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Basically it's saying that as Inuit get further from their ancestral diet, their iodine levels fall from "10 times the RDA" to much lower levels. Researchers called for monitoring iodine levels of Arctic peoples, especially those non-Inuit .

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    You carry on posting every bit of crap from every nutcase you can find t2t, & I'll carry on posting alternative views to balance it where necessary. Except for things like that Budwig Center - no point with that as nobody other than you & Grizz would think that was serious for more than a split second.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    You carry on posting every bit of crap from every nutcase you can find t2t, & I'll carry on posting alternative views to balance it where necessary. Except for things like that Budwig Center - no point with that as nobody other than you & Grizz would think that was serious for more than a split second.
    Was the water article hooey?

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    According to what I was taught, eons ago, hazel is basically a blue-eyed person with toxic overlays. The fact the overall "brown" lightened up to hazel (green plus brown tints) indicates that if she gives it more time, Denise may yet find blue shades replacing green, and overall lightening of brownish tints. And I'd give the credit to whatever lifestyle changes she is making that are detoxing her. Wonder if she knows about iodine?
    That would be weird... because my husband has had 100% Hazel eyes since infancy.
    Born the same foggy blue as every other baby of course, but once they cleared... Hazel.
    Which for him means that they can look about 100 different versions of blue or green or golden brown depending on the light and what clothing he wears.

I do however believe that a persons eye color can lighten/darken over time. It happens.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche