Page 400 of 415 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 400

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @t2t

I always use unrefined salt, usually pink Himalayan. However, it definitely raised my blood pressure a lot - it has only taken reducing salt massively for it to go back down. So in my case, salt loading is dangerous.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Let me go into chemist mode. Common salt is sodium chloride, NaCl. There is no such thing as "high quality" NaCl compared to "regular" NaCl. However, when non-chemists say "salt" we actually refer to a mixture of NaCl + other minerals in the bottle. The "high quality" label comes from the other minerals which are mixed in with the NaCl. But Grizz's point is that it's the actual NaCl which detoxes bromine and bromide. In that case, it shouldn't matter if the NaCl is mixed with dextrose or MSG or anything else, as long as you're taking in NaCl. This is what I'm trying to tease out. What is doing the detoxing? The NaCl or the other minerals?

Anyway, I think I'm making some N=1 headway in this thread.
    Megadoses of Iodine are obviously not lethal. 1 mg isn't going to kill you. But high doses are not recommended unless you have a specific medical condition that iodine can treat. (prostrate, fibrocystic, possibly thyroid but ASK YOUR DOCTOR)
    ~2 mg of iodine is probably enough for everybody else.
    The megadose supplement protocol is necessary only if you take megadoses of iodine. (I'm taking about half the amounts).
    Salt is good for immediate detox, but NOT on a daily basis as part of the protocol, especially if you're not taking megadoses of iodine.
    Iodine will get rid of skin moles, but only very slowly and after damaging the skin around it. It may help to use a carrier oil. YMMV.

That said, I am stopping the salt protocol RIGHT NOW. I've been very heavy with the salt for the past month and it already elevated my blood pressure.
    Oxide,

I do greatly admire your scientific analysis and don't want to discourage anything that you are doing. You are doing this YOUR WAY and that is what counts.

I believe in the KISS principal. "Keep It Simple " I follow Dr. Brownstein orders with confidence. I don't want to spend any time investigating his orders under a microscope. I have confidence in his years of research and many thousands of his patient studies. Dr. Brownstein's research is good enough for me. To each their own path.

Grizz

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    T2T,

Excellent report. This should answer everyone's questions on salt.

Grizz
    Not even close. All it does it confuse the chemical definition of salt as NaCl with the common usage of "salt" as the mixture of NaCl and other minerals.

If you can't distinguish between actual NaCl and the other minerals that are mixed in with NaCl to form the "salt" in the bottle, then do us a favor and don't talk about it.

And by the way, once you dissolve this salt mixture in water, it becomes a separte Na+ sodium ion with nothing else attached. It doesn't know where it came from. Therefore, some statement that "sodium from refined salt acts differently from sodium from sea salt" is scientific hooey -- in fact it flies in the face of 11th grade chemistry. Same goes for "charged" calcium. For biochemical purposes, ALL calcium is charged. More accurately, it is Ca2+ ion. Yes, you can obtain calcium as a neutral metal, but it will react with water in the air to make Ca2+ ion.

Now, if it's the other minerals that are doing the good stuff, fine. But you have to make that distinction.

And to everyone else: if you are sensitive to NaCl, then taking sea salt instead of refined salt is not much better. Sea salt is STILL mostly NaCl, with some MgCl2 and other minerals mixed in. But you're still taking in a LOT of NaCl. And remember, once all this dissolves in your stomach, all sodium ion is the same and it doesn't matter what kind of "salt" mixture it came from.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    This salt thing is interesting to me. I always thought it was the Water that did the detox and the salt just kept it in the body longer.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Water anyone!
    This site below is the best article I have ever read regarding, drinking water. This guy doesn’t push any Brand which adds a lot of credibility for me!

What Truly Makes Water Healthy and Healing?
    What you are about to read may shock or upset you as it goes against 99% of what is being presently taught. Nature does not have any kind of agenda or is not looking to sell anything for personal gain. Nature does not lie or twist the truth in anyway.
    My own personal research began in 1985 when I first began researching water in an effort to uncover the healthiest drinking water. Twenty years later and a million and half dollars spent on research, the answers were finally visible. Hiking through the Canadian Rocky Mountains as one of my favorite hobbies for most of my life was a real blessing as I was able to see the truth first hand with the help of an expensive portable pH meter, conductivity meter and an ORP (oxygen reduction potential) meter.

Though I have written a greater detailed 55 paged version of this article, I will do my best to keep this article as condensed as possible.
    A pH meter determines how acidic or alkaline a substance is, which in this case will be water. (pH stands for “potential hydrogen”). ALL “healthy” rivers, streams, brooks and creeks have a pH range between 5.8 and 6.8, which is not common information. Due to the creation of environmental pollution, pH ranges have fallen below 5.8 from CO, CO2, NOX & SO2 gases and well above 6.8 from detergents or soaps and other industry chemicals that go into our rivers and/or lakes.. Alcohol has an extremely low surface tension (much lower than water) so based on this fact alcohol should hydrate our bodies better than water. The truth is alcohol dehydrates the body, which is the cause of hangovers.
    A body whose “tissues” are overly acidic is not healthy but neither is a pH of over 7.3 in the blood or over 6.8 in our saliva. Again, 99% of the information on the web will disagree but the truth is: balance is healthy and extremes are not. If the blood does not maintain a consistent pH we will die. When the blood pH starts to become more alkaline it means the body is getting sicker and sicker not healthier. NO one’s blood pH is below 7 unless they are dead and anyone with a blood pH of 7.5 or higher has cancer and are also close to death.

The pH value of a healthy person is not “one” number. The body has numerous pH values that are not all alkaline or acidic. Healthy blood is between 7.1-7.3, healthy saliva should be 6.5, healthy urine 6.8 as according to the man who actually developed the Biological Terrain Assessment (BTA)- Professor Louis-Claude Vincent as found in his original works. The pH values are different inside cells than they are outside the cells but all over the NET it is being promoted that a healthy body is alkaline?
    According to Professor Vincent the more alkaline your blood becomes the more cancer cells you are developing. Most cancer victims die of alkalosis well before their cancer kills them. Most acid waste accumulation (found within our tissues, not our blood) is due to shallow breathing usually because of stress, next from lack of exercise followed by too much processed and/or over cooked foods. Unhealthy people in general have tissues that are loaded with acid waste and blood that is too alkaline. It is never just one.

If consuming alkaline-based foods were healthy then we should all be eating a great deal of “burnt” steak and eggs because they definitely have an alkaline pH. It is not the pH of a food or beverage that causes imbalance but the ratio of acids to minerals creating organically bound minerals, which create health and balance. The last part of the equation is of course minerals but which to eat: colloidal or ionic?

In healthy natural foods we do “NOT” find colloidal minerals or separated ions of metals or minerals. Food/plants contain ionic bonds AND covalent bonds. Ionic bonding involves the attraction of both charges (+ & -) called electrostatic attraction (as with table salt : NaCl sodium chloride). Ionic bonds conduct electricity in solution and tend to be soluble in water meaning the stronger (+ & -) charges within the water molecule (H2O) pulls them apart. Ionic bonds “borrow” extra electrons.

When the pH of water goes “above” 7 colloidal minerals begin forming because there are more metals or alkali to acids. Professor Louis-Claude Vincent (1906-1988), a hydrologist from France, spent many years researching water throughout European towns and cities to see if there was a correlation between drinking water and longevity. Vincent discovered that there definitely was a correlation, which was “all healthy drinking water has a pH below 7 and the more minerals the lower the pH needs to be in order for them to be safely utilized (organically bound).”

When buying water: avoid traditional distilled water (for different reasons-involving another article); look for spring water with the least amount of calcium preferably under 45 ppm or mg/L and preferably with more magnesium; a pH under 7 is obviously the best but, as all water istransported from the source loses its carbonic acid causing the pH to rise, by adding a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice balance can be once again created. If buying RO (reverse osmosis) re- mineralizing is important: the simplest way is to add NO more than 1?2 teaspoon or 2.5 ml of Concentrace Minerals from Utah’s great lake per 19 Litres or 5 gallons (or similar trace minerals). Total dissolved solids or minerals (TDS) of 68- 88 ppm (parts per million) should have a pH of about 6.8. The more minerals the lower the pH should be.

References: The entire collection of books by Callum Coats on Viktor Schauberger and “original” French works by Professor Louis-Claude Vincent (B.E. Vincent of 1952 to 1986- Essential Publications and Electronic Treaty of Biology) and official transcriipts of Dr. Franz Morell from Germany who worked very closely with Professor Vincent; along with my own research that began in 1985 that involved $1.5 million dollars worth of research since 1997 alone. Warmly,
    Kell Kurz
    About Kell Kurtz
    Kell Kurtz began studying alternative medicine back in the late 70´s including: herbology, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda medicine, Homeopathy, Nutrition, Chemistry, Biochemistry, etc., & 22 years researching water including healing wells & springs. Kell owned his own health food store & clinic for 10 years, which he sold in 2002. Kell continues to dedicate his time to research & development in the alternative health industry where he has developed some of the world´s most advanced health products.
    News & Articles: Holistic Living for a Healthier, Happier more Conscious lifestyle covering holistic health, alternative medicine, healing, spirituality, new age, meditation, spiritual growth and more.
    My mother-in- law added Lemon juice to her faucet drinking water, heated it, and gulped it down every morning of her life. She lived to be 92. Distilled water will turn more acidic as time goes by. It absorbs carbon dioxide from the air and forms Carbonic Acid. If you add lemon it will also turn more acidic but lemon turns alkaline in the body.
    Lemon and Water Mellon are some of the most alkalizing foods you can eat.

Durastill Export Homepage

I condensed this article down more to be able to post. I hope It will be of interest to some.

t2t

Grizz is offline Banned
    T2T,

You are DA MAN today ! Many thanks for your excellent articles. I had no idea that PH was so vital to our good health.

Do you measure your own saliva PH ? Can we buy a saliva PH test kit at the drugstore?

WOW, We just hit 4,000 messages and 164,952 views. Who would have thought this thread would become this large?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I have been monitoring the pages. We are at 400 already. Where do you get the view count from? I know I have seen it, but don't remember at the moment.

The water article was very informative. Thanks T2T.

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Not even close. All it does it confuse the chemical definition of salt as NaCl with the common usage of "salt" as the mixture of NaCl and other minerals.

If you can't distinguish between actual NaCl and the other minerals that are mixed in with NaCl to form the "salt" in the bottle, then do us a favor and don't talk about it.

And by the way, once you dissolve this salt mixture in water, it becomes a separte Na+ sodium ion with nothing else attached. It doesn't know where it came from. Therefore, some statement that "sodium from refined salt acts differently from sodium from sea salt" is scientific hooey -- in fact it flies in the face of 11th grade chemistry. Same goes for "charged" calcium. For biochemical purposes, ALL calcium is charged. More accurately, it is Ca2+ ion. Yes, you can obtain calcium as a neutral metal, but it will react with water in the air to make Ca2+ ion.

Now, if it's the other minerals that are doing the good stuff, fine. But you have to make that distinction.

And to everyone else: if you are sensitive to NaCl, then taking sea salt instead of refined salt is not much better. Sea salt is STILL mostly NaCl, with some MgCl2 and other minerals mixed in. But you're still taking in a LOT of NaCl. And remember, once all this dissolves in your stomach, all sodium ion is the same and it doesn't matter what kind of "salt" mixture it came from.
    Thank you very much Oxide for posting this accurate account of what salt/sodium(NaCl) is and how it works.
    I've tried to explain that stuff other places before and got the "nooo sea sat is so different and magical" stuff too.
    Salt/Sodium Chloride in the body is just that... nothing more.

Also... if some people want the benefits of the trace minerals without the need to consume a lot of salt you can buy a trace mineral supplement, or supplement drops. Even in the most mineral laden salt sold is only 3% or less "other minerals and impurities". It's actually regulated.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-29-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Thx t2t, very good.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I have been monitoring the pages. We are at 400 already. Where do you get the view count from? I know I have seen it, but don't remember at the moment.

The water article was very informative. Thanks T2T.

LJ
    John,
    The Viewcount comes from clicking on "Today's Posts" 2nd column.

Grizz