Page 397 of 415 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 397

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    If you're so concerned with valid medical studies and results on Google, why are you relying on an iodine skin patch test? It is not valid, Google it.

I am sick of your snarky, snotty comments about everything and everyone. You have nothing to add to this thread. It seems you just like to amuse yourself with hatred.

Exactly.

Poisoned minds think alike.

You know, in all of the ranting over the last 2 weeks when I've been on vacation and then tried to catch up, there has been a lot of talk about how much iodine we should be taking.
    Yet no one has advocated TESTING YOUR IODINE LEVEL. Duh. Get tested!! I did.
    Find out if you need a lot, a little, or none at all! Go here - Hakala Research - Home and stop arguing about it.

Do the 24hr. iodine loading test, and get the bromine and fluoride tests to tell if you have pushed them out.
    If someone is fully loaded with iodine and not the other halogens, then large doses of iodine may be harmful. But if someone is loaded with the other halogens, they may need large doses of iodine to push them out. I haven't seen any study that has been controlled for the other halogens.

My tests showed low iodine, and high bromide (they didn't have the flouride test then). I have now been on 50mg Iodoral for 2.5 months, and plan to retest in the next few weeks.

I am hypothyroid, and had a low daytime temperature (around 97.3 most of the time), cold hands and feet, etc. Taking thyroid meds T3 and NT, my temp came up to 98.3. But since iodine, my daytime temperature is now a normal 98.6, which I could never achieve with my thyroid meds alone, even with blood work perfect according to STTM. I am still taking the same amount of meds, iodine had not caused a need to change them.

If my iodine, etc. tests come back good, I will drop down to 12.5mg and retest after 6 months or so.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Holp crap! If something is having the effect of changing a person's eye color from green to purple, what else is it doing to their body?

Human eyes are not normally purple.
    I believe Liz Taylor's eyes were described as violet, which, frankly to me, is an offshade of blue. Not purple! I briefly studied iridology, another one of those seemingly woo-woo disciplines. It's absolutely startling how your eyes can change colour with the amount of toxins being ingested or detoxed. I was born blue-eyed, and was still blue-eyed at age 1. That removes the "all white babies have blue eyes at birth" misconception. But I grew up hazel-eyed, with lots of pretty greens and browns in my hazel eyes. Now, after over a decade on a celiac-type diet, my eyes are a dark blue with a small ring of brown in the "gut area." I am and always was blue-eyed, but the amount of toxins I was exposed to in my lifetime convinced me and others I was hazel. Not any more.

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    You know, in all of the ranting over the last 2 weeks when I've been on vacation and then tried to catch up, there has been a lot of talk about how much iodine we should be taking.
    Yet no one has advocated TESTING YOUR IODINE LEVEL. Duh. Get tested!! I did.
    Find out if you need a lot, a little, or none at all! Go here - Hakala Research - Home and stop arguing about it.
    That's not really the point. The debate's been about how much is recommended/safe/advisable to take on a daily basis, not about whether any supplementation's necessary.

It probably would've been useful & constructive had Grizz not decided to brand anyone who dared to question him a troll. But despite his best attempts to stifle the discussion, some useful information has come out of it, such as how much iodine the Japanese diet really contains, & a potential reason why Brownstein recommends far higher levels of supplementation than anyone else.

Owl
    Owl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    That's not really the point. The debate's been about how much is recommended/safe/advisable to take on a daily basis, not about whether any supplementation's necessary.

It probably would've been useful & constructive had Grizz not decided to brand anyone who dared to question him a troll. But despite his best attempts to stifle the discussion, some useful information has come out of it, such as how much iodine the Japanese diet really contains, & a potential reason why Brownstein recommends far higher levels of supplementation than anyone else.
    Yes, it is the point that the amount of iodine you need depends on how deficient you are. I'll say it again - if you're deficient and have high bromide and fluoride, than you need more iodine than if you are totally saturated with iodine with low levels of bromide and fluoride. Just about everyone here is flying blind as to how much is safe, because they have no idea where they are with their iodine levels. The amount that's safe is the lowest amount that keeps the other halogens from your receptors, and that is different for everyone. Selenium is the other necessity, and studies do not control for that.

And as someone else reported, the Japanese have changed the way they eat. The younger generation does not consume as much seaweed as the older generation had, therefore the difference in the researchers' findings of iodine amounts. It remains to be seen if these new lower amounts of iodine will have an effect on their health, which may not show up for decades.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    I believe Liz Taylor's eyes were described as violet, which, frankly to me, is an offshade of blue. Not purple! I briefly studied iridology, another one of those seemingly woo-woo disciplines. It's absolutely startling how your eyes can change colour with the amount of toxins being ingested or detoxed. I was born blue-eyed, and was still blue-eyed at age 1. That removes the "all white babies have blue eyes at birth" misconception. But I grew up hazel-eyed, with lots of pretty greens and browns in my hazel eyes. Now, after over a decade on a celiac-type diet, my eyes are a dark blue with a small ring of brown in the "gut area." I am and always was blue-eyed, but the amount of toxins I was exposed to in my lifetime convinced me and others I was hazel. Not any more.
    I looked up some pictures & info and a lot of the pictures I looked at, her eyes really do look "purple" (and were describes as Deep Violet by people around her) not blue with purplish tones . Some info said that purple eyes are due to a genetic mutation/abnormality. Not sure if that’s true.. I didn’t look that far into it.
    I know my aunts eyes are def NOT blue at all, & have been lavender purple since she was young.
    But it makes sense that toxins in the body could potentially effect things like eye colour to some degree.
    Would probably be hard to really study though. My eyes can change colour with my mood quite a bit (grey, slate blue, blue, green, teal-green etc) not to mention wearing different colours tends to affect how they look (may not actually change the colour so much as bring out certain colours)
    Out of interest I went at looked at them closely in the mirror & even taking into account how much they vary normally I have to say they look different from I remember them looking prior to starting PB & iodine, the outside ring is clearly sharper & darker than it used to be and has quite a bit of sapphire blue shading (used to look more slate blue) while the inside colour looks deeper with more colour, brighter.
    So being less toxic due to change in food, iodine, natural salt & avoiding toxins.. makes sense that it could be a contributing factor.. No way of really knowing for sure of course.. but interesting...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it is the point that the amount of iodine you need depends on how deficient you are. I'll say it again - if you're deficient and have high bromide and fluoride, than you need more iodine than if you are totally saturated with iodine with low levels of bromide and fluoride. Just about everyone here is flying blind as to how much is safe, because they have no idea where they are with their iodine levels.
    But knowing you are for example 'very' deficient doesn't tell you how much is safe to take each day.

The amount that's safe is the lowest amount that keeps the other halogens from your receptors, and that is different for everyone.
    So why does Brownstein say everyone should take 50mg/day? That's a rhetorical question btw.

And as someone else reported, the Japanese have changed the way they eat. The younger generation does not consume as much seaweed as the older generation had, therefore the difference in the researchers' findings of iodine amounts.
    I've not seen the research that lead to this 13mg/day claim so I'll have to take your word for it until I have time to track it down. I do find it strange that the bromide content of seaweed gets ignored when the Japanese diet's cited though.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Beware of Foam Pillows:
    I was reading an article in the paper (many years ago) about foam pillows that are treated with formaldehyde and all of the symptoms people were having. I'd been going to doctors for months and they couldn't help me (or couldn't be bothered). I read the article, recognized all of my symptoms, threw out my pillow and was back to normal in 2 days. Damned chemicals!
    Re: BEWARE! Memory Foam Mattress can make you VERY SICK at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1968435)
    Grizz

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Beware of Foam Pillows:

Grizz
    i hate to just type 'well.. duh' when a more thought out answer would be appropriate, considering there's always a 'smell' when those products are new. but..

well...

duh
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i hate to just type 'well.. duh' when a more thought out answer would be appropriate, considering there's always a 'smell' when those products are new. but..

well...

duh
    Makes me wonder what toxins/nastys its giving off once the smell fades... just cause you cant smell it anymore?......
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    plastic and foam, all over your face
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!