Page 395 of 415 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 395

Iwannabeslim is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    My Aunt has purple eyes, well.. lavender would be the closest description.. its not a common colour but its not un-natural ether.

Elizabeth Taylor also has purple eyes
    Had

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    My Aunt has purple eyes, well.. lavender would be the closest description.. its not a common colour but its not un-natural ether.

Elizabeth Taylor also has purple eyes
    I bet neither of them began as green and went purple as a result of iodine, though!

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    what the?....

a lot of talk about my eyes going on in here for never having posted in mda this week.

Just so no one frets to much, they are now blue and have always been blue. They are just really clear now. (My clients perception is different than mine)

I am working closely with my ND who I trust completely. He approves this n=1 I am doing as long as I check in with him and that I realize it is not going to be a long term thing. I have other things I'm working on, as well as the boobies, and they are the reason for the higher dose.

Thanks for being concerned though! xoxo
    Last edited by Zophie; 07-28-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Bromide Intoxication

Surprisingly, salt alone can help detoxify the bromides. This explains Dr. Brownstein's required supplement of salt every day and his Salt Flush for detox symptoms. We thank Wombat at the Curezone for digging up this valuable wisdom from the past.

"So many people are taking bromides on their own account,
    [Grizz - Remember Bromo-Seltzer? ]
    so many doctors are prescribing bromides for their nervous patients, that bromide intoxication has become comparatively frequent. Last week the American Medical Association, by publishing the investigations of Drs. Titus Holiday Harris and Abe Hauser of Galveston, indicated what happens from bromide overdosage.

The body requires a certain amount of common salt. Bromides drive out some of that necessary salt. When the displacement reaches 30%, bromide intoxication develops, closely resembling several other kinds of intoxication. The victim becomes drowsy and dull. His wits wander; his memory fails. He has hallucinations, "frequently of the colored type, such as seeing a Negro man or some dark animal." The well known bromide rash may or may not occur.

These symptoms are also those of alcoholic and other drug intoxications, inflammation of the brain, tuberculosis meningitis and several other diseases. A blow on the head may cause them.

But there is a way of distinguishing bromide poisoning. A device called the Wuth comparator indicates the amount of bromides in the blood. If the blood bromides are 30% or more, the condition is one of bromide intoxication.

Treatment is to supply the patient with large quantities of salt until the body's salt equilibrium is reestablished."
    Salt Loading Dramatically Accelerates the Eliminatiom of Bromides
    The most important element of treatment is cessation of bromide exposure. Additional treatment of bromide toxicity has traditionally involved saline loading (administration of large quantities of sodium chloride in water, typically by vein), which enhances kidney excretion of bromide. The chloride ion from sodium chloride competes with and replaces the bromide ion throughout the body. WHILE THE USUAL HALF-LIFE OF BROMIDE (the time for half of the body's complement of bromide to be eliminated) IS 12-14 DAYS (Horowitz, 1997), A HALF-LIFE OF 65 HOURS HAS BEEN CALCULATED WITH SALINE LOADING.
    DETOX~ ADJUNCT PROTOCOLS~ What is the purpose of salt-loading? Nutrition > Supplements and Products > Iodine and Orthoiodosupplementation FAQ

Salt is also the fix for Fluoride Poisoning. How many small children die from eating fluoridated toothpaste?

Now we know why.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member

Possible that I'm increasing my dose too quickly?

After finally making my way slowly up to 1 drop of 5% Lugol's per day (during which I felt GREAT the entire time), I'm now increasing my dose by 1/4 drop per week. Since I've started doing that (almost 2 weeks ago), my mood has been all over the place. I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster! There have been a few other factors, but I don't think that those things really would have had that much of an impact on the stable contentment that I've been enjoying since I started my slow iodine titration.

I find myself crying easily, being irrationally emotionally, feeling lonely and depressed. I did have one really good day this week, that I felt back to normal, and (possibly coincidentally?) it was after forgetting to take my iodine the day before. I'm not experiencing any of the other detox symptoms that I had before when I was taking too much too soon, such as broderma and bloat (but I was taking a LOT more iodine than I am now).

Is it really possible that increasing by 1.5 mgs a week could be too much? I want the happy, content stability that I had before, but I also want to get to a high enough dose of iodine to help with the issues that I'm working on, particularly candida. From what I've read, it takes doses in the 100 - 150 mg range to eradicate it. At the rate I'm going now, it will take me another 7 months just to get to 50 mgs!

I'm wondering if there is anything that I can do to help with the detox (which I assume is what's causing this mood disturbance). Though it hasn't helped me in the past, I will start taking salt in the mornings again. I'm thinking of picking up some milk thistle. And I am taking all of the other required supplements.

This is frustrating!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Paleo Girl View Post
    After finally making my way slowly up to 1 drop of 5% Lugol's per day (during which I felt GREAT the entire time), I'm now increasing my dose by 1/4 drop per week. Since I've started doing that (almost 2 weeks ago), my mood has been all over the place. I feel like I've been on an emotional roller coaster! There have been a few other factors, but I don't think that those things really would have had that much of an impact on the stable contentment that I've been enjoying since I started my slow iodine titration.

I find myself crying easily, being irrationally emotionally, feeling lonely and depressed. I did have one really good day this week, that I felt back to normal, and (possibly coincidentally?) it was after forgetting to take my iodine the day before. I'm not experiencing any of the other detox symptoms that I had before when I was taking too much too soon, such as broderma and bloat (but I was taking a LOT more iodine than I am now).

Is it really possible that increasing by 1.5 mgs a week could be too much? I want the happy, content stability that I had before, but I also want to get to a high enough dose of iodine to help with the issues that I'm working on, particularly candida. From what I've read, it takes doses in the 100 - 150 mg range to eradicate it. At the rate I'm going now, it will take me another 7 months just to get to 50 mgs!

I'm wondering if there is anything that I can do to help with the detox (which I assume is what's causing this mood disturbance). Though it hasn't helped me in the past, I will start taking salt in the mornings again. I'm thinking of picking up some milk thistle. And I am taking all of the other required supplements.

This is frustrating!!
    YES ! IMO, 1.5mg more a week is a lot of iodine if you are extremely toxic. You might want to increase your daily salt intake and your salt flushing intervals. I have just discovered this valuable information re: Why salt flushes out bromides. You might want to study this in depth to see if it will help you.
    - - - If you can’t tolerate salt, then mix it into Lemonade

I would slow it down to adding 1.5mg per month, or pulse dosing with the salt flush whenever you notice a problem.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I really enjoy the Curezone because there are NO Trolls such as we have infesting this thread to be seen. Trolls are immediately thrown out by the moderators.

If the Trolls infesting our thread start posting their vile at the Curezone, the moderators would quickly kick them out.

T2T, What do you think?

Grizz

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I really enjoy the Curezone because there are NO Trolls such as we have infesting this thread to be seen. Trolls are immediately thrown out by the moderators.

If the Trolls infesting our thread start posting their vile at the Curezone, the moderators would quickly kick them out.

T2T, What do you think?

Grizz
    Fucking hell you are a loon, and I just reported you and suggested they cull all your stupid ass posts from this thread. Over this place so don't care if this gets deleted too. I hate your nemesis because she drove many of my friends here away with her attitude but your loony crap -- when it stops being hysterical -- is just demented. You have lost all credibility and sound like a five year old. seriously Grizz. Read back and just be ashamed.

Oh, I forgot Grizz

TROLL

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    and whilst I am mad about Darth being banned and assholes getting away with it because the mods just delete their posts,how about this gem about Grizz and his sexual fantasies about children, great discussion about censorship that followed

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d23924-29.html