Page 39 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 39

  1. #381
    Gwynn's Avatar
    Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    339
    Pebbles, you need congrats and hugs! Taking care of a sick hubby is no fun indeed.

    Lazatiger, I think every little bit helps us get where we want to be.

    Gwynn

  2. #382
    Kilian's Avatar
    Kilian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    243
    @Grizz
    I'm not big on supplements other than Vitamin D and Magnesium which I already take in sufficient doses. And as for salt, I easily add a teaspoon or more to my cooking every day so I doubt I'm lacking in that area. I don't know what constitutes a "serving" but I'm easily eating >3 servings a day, instead of three a week. I'm waking up in the morning feeling really dehydrated so I'm thinking that maybe I'm just consuming way too much salt. Anyway, I ordered the Lugol's 2% and it should arrive Tuesday.

  3. #383
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilian View Post
    @Grizz
    I'm not big on supplements other than Vitamin D and Magnesium which I already take in sufficient doses. And as for salt, I easily add a teaspoon or more to my cooking every day so I doubt I'm lacking in that area. I don't know what constitutes a "serving" but I'm easily eating >3 servings a day, instead of three a week. I'm waking up in the morning feeling really dehydrated so I'm thinking that maybe I'm just consuming way too much salt. Anyway, I ordered the Lugol's 2% and it should arrive Tuesday.
    kilian,

    If you are going to take iodine supplements, you WILL detox nasty chemicals out of your body. If you don't take the iodine co-vitamins to help you detox, then you are in violation of Dr. Kruse and Dr. Brownstein Rx to protect your liver & kidneys, and to protect you from a potential Thyroid Flare Up. We are playing with fire here, my friend. The thyroid gland is nothing to experiment with, and I hate to say this, but you could end up in the hospital by not following doctors orders here.

    You can do as you wish, but I choose to follow Doctors Orders where vital organs are concerned. Here are those rules once again:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

    Grizz

  4. #384
    activia's Avatar
    activia is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near Boston MA
    Posts
    2,198
    OK So after all this talk I thought I should up my iodine intake.

    I had 1 pckg of Sea Snax everyday last week (2 on Friday)
    I ate Kelp Noodles with meat sauce on Friday with a few brazil nuts.
    I had a small amount of lobster with 10oz filet mignon, 1/2 glass of white wine, and flourless molten chocolate cake with ice cream on Saturday as well as earlier in the day I had about a dozen brazil nuts, 6 eggs, cheddar cheese, and an apple.
    Sunday morning I felt nauseas/dizzy... I thought maybe from the wine.. but I also started to feel a lump in my throat. I ate a large meal and the nausea subsided until night when I got hungry again and the nausea returned...
    I woke up this morning feeling OK but still the lump. I seem to have extra saliva, and my mouth tastes salty.

    Any ideas? Is this normal when first upping iodine?
    Primal since March 2011

    Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

  5. #385
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by lazatiger View Post
    I live in Calgary. We have two Planet Organic locations. I frequently shop there, as well as at Community Natural Foods.

    I will have a look. Thank you :)
    Iodoral Canada Lowest Price $34.99 - Discount Shipping with 3 - Cancer Charity
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  6. #386
    Grizz's Avatar
    Grizz is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    OK So after all this talk I thought I should up my iodine intake.

    I had 1 pckg of Sea Snax everyday last week (2 on Friday)
    I ate Kelp Noodles with meat sauce on Friday with a few brazil nuts.
    I had a small amount of lobster with 10oz filet mignon, 1/2 glass of white wine, and flourless molten chocolate cake with ice cream on Saturday as well as earlier in the day I had about a dozen brazil nuts, 6 eggs, cheddar cheese, and an apple.
    Sunday morning I felt nauseas/dizzy... I thought maybe from the wine.. but I also started to feel a lump in my throat. I ate a large meal and the nausea subsided until night when I got hungry again and the nausea returned...
    I woke up this morning feeling OK but still the lump. I seem to have extra saliva, and my mouth tastes salty.

    Any ideas? Is this normal when first upping iodine?
    PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT LISTENING TO ME, and not listening to Doctors Rx !

    READ THE IODINE BIBLE VERY CAREFULLY AND TAKE NOTES
    There are very important co-vitamins that MUST be taken with your iodine and procedures to use when you have DETOX Symptoms. The iodine bible lists everything we need to know to get through iodine detox.
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

    If you are going to take iodine supplements, then PLEASE follow directions in this Bible! Print it out and highlite with yellow marker.
    FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS BIBLE CAN POSSIBLY PUT YOU INTO THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN - FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS.

    I do not want anyone here going to the emergency room, so PLEASE follow the Iodine Bible to the letter,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.

  7. #387
    activia's Avatar
    activia is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near Boston MA
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT LISTENING TO ME, and not listening to Doctors Rx !

    READ THE IODINE BIBLE VERY CAREFULLY AND TAKE NOTES
    There are very important co-vitamins that MUST be taken with your iodine and procedures to use when you have DETOX Symptoms. The iodine bible lists everything we need to know to get through iodine detox.
    http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

    If you are going to take iodine supplements, then follow directions in this Bible! Print it out and highlite with yellow marker.
    FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS BIBLE CAN POSSIBLY PUT YOU INTO THE HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM. DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN - FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS.

    I do not want anyone here going to the emergency room, so PLEASE follow the Iodine Bible to the letter,
    Grizz
    Hmmm but I am not taking supplements, just eating real food
    Primal since March 2011

    Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

  8. #388
    activia's Avatar
    activia is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Near Boston MA
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Hmmm but I am not taking supplements, just eating real food
    Also, I forgot to mention I had asparagus and spinach on Sat/Sun. Both contain Vit C (as well as the apples).. I ate a lot of white rice on Tuesday which has magnesium(although maybe I could supplement here). I have been munching on those brazil nuts for the selenium. The sea snax contain unrefined sea salt.
    Primal since March 2011

    Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

  9. #389
    JDW's Avatar
    JDW
    JDW is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    OK So after all this talk I thought I should up my iodine intake.
    Any ideas? Is this normal when first upping iodine?
    A couple of thoughts... First, you have probably upped your iodine significantly but when doing it with something like kelp, you have no way to know by how much. If you use a supplement form at first, you can monitor your dose until you reach whole body sufficiency. Once you are at that point, you could likely use real food to maintain.

    As for the lump in your throat, it can be very normal. If you are iodine difficient, your thyroid will uptake massive amounts of iodine when if first gets its "hands" on it so when first supplementing, swelling can be normal. I swelled significantly for about two weeks and then it stopped and went back to normal. That said, I was on 50MG from day one and jumped up to over 100MG fairly quickly from there. So, I was REALLY dosing.

    You are getting plenty, if not too much, selenium from the Brazil nuts but you need to be sure you are getting Vitamin C, Magnesium, and SEA SALT. Not in amounts that you put in your foods, that is not enough. You should take at least 1/2tsp a day sea salt in water and then in addition you can salt your food liberally. NEVER USE REGULAR SALT for this.

    Good luck and push through. You WILL detox hard but there is light at the other end of the tunnel.

    Blessings,
    JDW

  10. #390
    JDW's Avatar
    JDW
    JDW is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    96
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Also, I forgot to mention I had asparagus and spinach on Sat/Sun. Both contain Vit C (as well as the apples).. I ate a lot of white rice on Tuesday which has magnesium(although maybe I could supplement here). I have been munching on those brazil nuts for the selenium. The sea snax contain unrefined sea salt.
    The amount you are getting in your food may not be enough to balance the iodine from the kelp. You want HIGH DOSE vitamin C and Mag. Again, after you are sufficient, then whole foods could be a great way to maintain but since you don't know how much iodine you're getting, you can't know how much companion nutrients you need.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •