Page 389 of 415 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 389

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Forgotmylastusername,

I worked on a construction job as a Crane operator after my 2nd heart attack. Yes. It was a sitting down job but I was working 10 to 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week for over 5 years, AFTER that 2nd heart attack. On one job for 2 months I was on over 500 MILLIgrams of iodine, a day, taking 200 MICROgrams of selenomethionine 4 times a day with 125 MILLIgrams of Iodine a day. (A total of 500 mg’s) I did this routine for two months and it did cure my bleeding ulcers. I felt energetic the whole time. I was never late for work and I made a lot of money. (The government did too, from the taxes I paid)

Blood work showed that my TSH eased down to 1.27 from the normal 1.37 it stays when I am on my maintenance dose of 100 MILLIigrams a day. So does one lose a lot of Iodine through their Urine? I did. The outdoor jiffy johnny’s (disgusting port-a-potties) were painted grey so every time I would pee in one I would paint the gallon sized urinal an almost solid white. (iodine salt) I would deliberately use different jiffy johnnys’ each day to see if I would exact my salt masterpieces on them and sure enough, all the urinals in over thirty different urinals displayed iodine Christmas snow that year. Actually it was November and December when I was on this particular job. It just proves that I was displacing a lot of iodine salt every 3 hours that I urinated. It doesn’t prove the exact amount. In all fairness to people with a normal heart, I don’t know what 500 MILLIgrams of elemental iodine, a day, for two months would do with the “selenomethionine” regimen. I was taking 800 MICROgrams of “it”. 200 to 400 MICROgrams is a safe limit for most folks.

I have had a lot of misfortune with heart doctors. I went to a 2nd and 3rd heart doctors, each, affiliated with their own large hospitals in Atlanta. (for a 2nd and third opinion) They were both in agreement with what the first doctors’ did. ( I did finally go to a fourth heart doctor and he was in wonderment why the other heart doctor waited almost 24 hours to go into my veins to unplaque me) My third stent, a medicated stent was placed in my LAD artery almost 24 hours after my heart attack. Why am I mentioning the fact regarding the 24 hour period. Because STUDIES have shown that after a patients has stabilized that (meds in place of the stents) are just as effective. So the good doctors put a Taxus Stent in me and put me on Plavix, one of several other drugs, as well with bad side effects. Coumadin would be added several months later, after the very large clot formed in my heart.

Defying Conventional Wisdom, Boston Scientific Admits Taxus Stent Causes Blood Clots but not Heart Attacks or Strokes
    Posted on September 8, 2006 by newsinferno

Safety concerns over drug-coated stents used for angioplasty procedures began are nothing new. Fear of blood clots and other complications associated with these stents began to surface shortly after the new devices came to market. However, two recent developments have doctors and patients contemplating if the devices should be used at all. Data presented at a recent European cardiology meeting has convinced some researchers that drug-coated stents do increase the risk of blood clots. And just yesterday, Boston Scientific admitted that their <"http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/boston_scientific_taxus_stent">Taxus drug-coated stent increases the risk of blood clots, but denied these clots increased the risk of heart attack or stroke. Admitting that Taxus stents cause blood clots, but not heart attacks or strokes has left many medical professionals quite confused, since it is widely known that blood clots can cause both of these life threatening conditions.

Perhaps Boston Scientific is worried about what life would look like if drug-coated stents were no longer used. It is estimated that Boston Scientific and Johnson & Johnson generated over $5 billion in drug-coated stent sales last year alone. Losing a vital revenue stream could be devastating for Boston Scientific. Wall Street is still wary about the company acquisition of Guidant, who is facing numerous lawsuits from patients who received faulty defibrillators and pacemakers. Boston Scientific also faces new competition in the stent market from Abbott Laboratories, Medtronic and Conor Medsystems.
    Johnson & Johnson brought the first drug-coated stent,

<"http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/johnson_johnson_cypher_stent">Cypher, to market over three years ago. Drug-coated stents were introduced to combat restinosis, re-clogging of the arteries, that was common with plain metal stents. Restinosis often required the need for secondary angioplasty. Drug-coated stents, like Taxus and Cypher, use a drug and polymer coating to prevent Restinosis, making the need for secondary angioplasty less frequent.
    Due to growing concern about blood clots, many doctors prescribe blood thinners for long periods of time after a drug-coated stent is used. However, the use of blood thinners also comes with risk.
    <"http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/plavix">Plavix, a drug commonly prescribed to angioplasty patients, has been linked with serious ulcers. Other popular blood thinners, including Heparin and Lovenox, also come with a long list of potential side effects. The longer the blood thinners are prescribed, the greater the risk of experiencing their side effects.

Defying Conventional Wisdom, Boston Scientific Admits Taxus Stent Causes Blood Clots but not Heart Attacks or Strokes | NewsInferno

Information on Simvastatin/Amiodarone

So the FDA warned Wyeth about the dangers of Amiodarone in 2004 and they released the info 9 months later. Before I was started on it and Plavix. (an ulcer causing drug) I was told the pylori bacteria caused mine. Strangely from what I have read everybody has some pylori floating around. Again I was put on Coumadin several months later after my heart clot formed.

Amiodarone Induced Pulmonary Toxicity-Death - Topix

My heart Doctors seemed to do all the wrong things.

So my whole point is; see a doctor because you have to get certain tests done routinely, to make a determination as to which course of action you want for yourself and or your doctor to take. Whether it be iodine supplement, surgery's, etc... So read, read, read, and don’t ever totally believe as I did that most Doctors have your health in mind, instead of your wallet.

t2t

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    And as I keep pointing out (which is a positive thing, not negative - not complaining, trolling etc - just pointing out) my iodine skin patch test is lasting 24 hours now. On 3 drops of Lugol's 3% three times a week - about 10 mg per week.

Grizz doesn't seem to want to address how successful small doses can obviously be. And with no need to take masses of cofactors on such small amounts.
    He already knows - he started out on small doses. E.g.:

[QUOTE=Grizz;691298]
    The GREAT news:
    My Prostate problems have definitely been cured at 2 mg a day Norwegian Kelp Iodine Supplements from Amazon.Com.

As I'm on Grizz's ignore list, perhaps someone could point this out to him? He really needs to address this and explain the apparent paradox, as he is determined to peddle the mega dose Brownstein protocol as being the one, the only and the essential "protocol" for everyone.
    It's really not worth the effort. He's basically become a salesman for Brownstein. The information's here for everyone else to see which is all that matters. I suggest we just leave him to carry on as he sees fit, & just post corrections when necessary for visibility's sake.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    I think that speaks volumes. Any objectivity you had on this topic has completely gone.
    The point being discussed was: whether or not excess iodine was excreted or not.

I was called a LIAR over this subject, so that is all that I needed to prove. Are we done with the subject of "Excess Iodine is Excreted?"

If you would like to discuss a new subject, then we can do this. Which specific subject would you like to discuss?

Also, you are correct, my objectivity is focused on the Dr. Brownstein Protocol, as everyone should know by now. You and other members of this thread can promote any protocol you want. Hopefully a Doctor Promoted Protocol. Any way you can get iodine into your system is a good way (at your own risk), since every cell in our body requires iodine.

Of course I promote the Dr. Brownstein Protocol because it is PROVEN SAFE by many thousands of people.
    The track record is easy to prove:

1) Yahoo Iodine Group with 6498 members
    Their protocol is documented. Download "The Iodine Supplement Guide"

2) The BreastCancerChoices Group with 629 members
    Their Protocol is documented

3) The Curezone Group with thousands of members with a 5 year track record.
    Their protocol is documented

There is just NO WAY that I am promoting an iodine protocol that has not been time tested and proven safe. I would be totally irresponsible for doing so. So I say once again for the umpteenth time, if you have found a BETTER iodine protocol with a BETTER proven track record of safety, please post the details with links. Otherwise STOP COMPLAINING about the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-26-2012 at 06:45 AM.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    And as I keep pointing out (which is a positive thing, not negative - not complaining, trolling etc - just pointing out) my iodine skin patch test is lasting 24 hours now. On 3 drops of Lugol's 3% three times a week - about 10 mg per week.

Grizz doesn't seem to want to address how successful small doses can obviously be. And with no need to take masses of cofactors on such small amounts.
    So how long have you been on this dosage, Breadsauce? Do/did you have a thyroid problem? Were you taking thyroid meds before you started? If so, were you able to reduce those meds?

My (new) endo is willing to monitor me and 'hold my thyroid-hand' if I choose to supplement with iodine but we are both in agreement that a gentler protocol is the way to go for me at first if I decide to explore that path. I'm still not convinced this high-dose w/cofactors isn't too dramatic and potentially harmful (for me) or even unnecessary especially when I'm (now) eating real, clean food instead of processed and losing so much weight. I am certainly intrigued with the possible detox effect, but I'm not sure yet that slower, simpler, less stressful isn't the way to go (again, for me). It took me a couple decades to get into a pretty bad way, surely I can wait a year or two and see how much my body can do it naturally if I live as cleanly and healthily as I can.

My Dr has twice reduced the dosage of my thyroid med... but solely due to changes in lifestyle and subsequent & continual weightloss. If I'd started with other extra supplementation or self experiments at the same time, I would not have known what has been causing the continuing spontaneous remissions/improvements of my conditions.

@forgotmylastusername - I absolutely agree with your last post and think it is an extremely positive contribution.
    +1 me too.
    ___

This is all very interesting. I enjoy the discussions and differing opinions and links from all contributors to this thread. I do not enjoy the caps yelling, name calling, and unpleasant behavior. In the interest of acting like an adult I am not naming names.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    @KerryK

I don't - as far as I know - have any form of thyroid problem. I came to this thread as I had become convinced that modern farming methods mean soil - and therefore the food we eat - is deficient in many minerals, one of them being iodine. I had been taking kelp pills a few times a week for a couple of year, then found this thread.

I was intrigued by the iodine skin test, and found that mine lasted far longer than three minutes - longer the three hours, actually. So I felt I didn't need the mega doses being promoted here, and also felt that, unless someone had a specific condition caused by iodine deficiency, the big doses could well be toxic to many people - I certainly wasn't going to be a guinea pig! I began on the Lugols some time ago - May perhaps? I could find out by trawling back through this thread, but it so huge now, and I can't face reading through all those manic rants again!

I'm sure that a low dose of iodine is better than none - and almost certainly better than too much! I cannot believe that excess is simply removed in urine. A quick google search produces lots of sites which state that it can be toxic in large doses, and I'd rather believe scientists than someone on a thread like this who has some distinctly questionable beliefs himself.

I am glad your endo is so helpful, positive and pragmatic. Good luck!
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-26-2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: punctuation

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    The point being discussed was: whether or not excess iodine was excreted or not.
    The wider point was whether or not excess iodine does any harm. The CDC document that you quoted suggests it may do, presumably before it's excreted. That needed to be highlighted for others reading the thread as just saying "excess iodine is excreted" implies that there's no risk with ingesting large amounts.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Don't you have anything positive to contribute to this thread?

It took Google only 1 second to find this doc, and you could have done it yourself, but instead you COMPLAIN. There are also thousands more documents in the list on the subject of "excess iodine is excreted."

Also, when you complain about the Dr. Brownstein Protocol, you should have another protocol to suggest. Anyone can complain about anything, but what is your Better Idea?

Grizz
    Positive? I'm sorry, but I and many others posting here want to learn from both sides of the fence about iodine supplementation, both the pro's and cons as most people want to learn more to determine whether they want to consider start taking supplements. It's like you get upset, put your hands over your ears and start shouting when any potential risks get bought up, like this thread is only for people who want to hold hands and happily sing the praises of Dr brownsteins protocol while ignoring any risks or shady outside invested interests from the pushes of these reccomendations.
    After reading more input from people you are calling "trolls' in this thread, I'm extremely glad I didn't drink the high-dose iodine kool-aide and jump straight into it like I almost did. The more I read the more I'm inclined to believe my own 'protocol' is the safest and most effective way to get iodine now that I don't use iodized salt. It's written on the back of my kelp tablet bottle "take 2 tablets per day with or before meals".

The wider point was whether or not excess iodine does any harm. The CDC document that you quoted suggests it may do, presumably before it's excreted. That needed to be highlighted for others reading the thread as just saying "excess iodine is excreted" implies that there's no risk with ingesting large amounts.
    Exactly, it's a straight up lie. If I had only read his reply to my question about the long term dangers that said "the excess just gets excreted" I would assume there's no such thing as iodine poisoning or dangers to high dosages.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-26-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Radialhead,
    Here is the rebuttal to your comment on large amounts of iodine causing problems:
    http://www.gabrielcousens.com/LinkCl...language=en-US

Everyone needs to choose an iodine protocol that is both safe and has a proven track record. If you are afraid of 50mg of iodine, then just stop your dosage at 12.5mg. Or 1mg or whatever it is that you feel safe with. Keep in mind, the lower your iodine dosage, the longer it will take to detox. I don't think you will EVER detox at 1 or 2mg.

I am close to finishing up my detox and I am currently at 150mg of iodoral with required supplements, and I don't have ANY problems with this. When I finish detox I plan to drop down to a maintenance level of 12.5mg= 1-iodoral
    I think I can do this because we don't have any chemicals in our filtered well water. We are on a strict Paleo diet, and we don't eat anything made with grains. We also read labels to avoid products with chemicals.

I should mention that Mrs Grizz's breasts have improved dramatically since she started on iodine. They were saggy and felt like she had grains of sand. Early stages of FBD? Now they feel like they were 40 years ago. No longer saggy, no more grainy, and fuller. She is now on 12.5mg iodoral with required supplements.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-26-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Excellent Article: Iodine & different parts of the body:
    * Brain
    * Breast
    * Heart
    * Thyroid
    * Immune System
    * Skin
    * Gastrointestinal System
    * Hormones
    * Ovaries
    * Lungs
    * Eyes
    * Bones
    * Blood

Iodine and the Body

Enjoy,
    Grizz

Excellent Article: Iodine & different parts of the body:
    * Brain
    * Breast
    * Heart
    * Thyroid
    * Immune System
    * Skin
    * Gastrointestinal System
    * Hormones
    * Ovaries
    * Lungs
    * Eyes
    * Bones
    * Blood

Iodine and the Body

Enjoy,
    Grizz
    It won't help me have a healthy appendix?? This is BS, I'm not taking it now.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.