Page 388 of 415 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 388

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Love the sound of Seasnax and Sea Tangle kelp noodles. Do you happen to know if they ship to the UK? I'd far prefer to eat sea veg than to take iodine sups...
    Check in Asda if you've got one nearby. My local one's just (as in this week) started doing loads of sushi stuff, including seaweed.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure I can find one - Brighton, for a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I suggest you take your complaints to Dr. Brownstein.

You need to re-read message #7

So, as you can see, your advice and my advice are identical - SEE YOUR DOCTOR.
    The same disclaimer is found in Iodine References & in the Iodine 101 post.

So, bottom line, you got nothing to offer in the way of a documented protocol, right?
    All you have is never ending COMPLAINING
    Grizz
    Complaining? I came in here showing interest and asking some valid questions about the safety of some of these 'protocols'. Actively discouraging and dismissing these type of questions is irresponsible but making stuff up like 'excess iodine just gets flushed out' is just blatantly dishonest.

This is an iodine thread where we can talk about the benefits, dangers, pro's and cons of iodine in a non bias manner. You're acting like you own the damn thread by bullying people and calling them trolls, insisting they have to recommend a 'documented protocol' to post about iodine here.

Grizz is offline Banned

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Complaining? I came in here showing interest and asking some valid questions about the safety of some of these 'protocols'. Actively discouraging and dismissing these type of questions is irresponsible but making stuff up like 'excess iodine just gets flushed out' is just blatantly dishonest.

This is an iodine thread where we can talk about the benefits, dangers, pro's and cons of iodine in a non bias manner. You're acting like you own the damn thread by bullying people and calling them trolls, insisting they have to recommend a 'documented protocol' to post about iodine here.
    Don't you have anything positive to contribute to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC
    "Iodine, an essential element for thyroid function, is necessary for normal growth, development, and
    functioning of the brain and body. Iodine-deficiency disorder (IDD) is a well documented global health
    problem, affecting more than a billion people worldwide. Consequences of IDD include goiter,
    cretinism, intellectual impairment, brain damage, mental retardation, stillbirth, spontaneous abortions,
    miscarriages, congenital deformities, and increased perinatal mortality. Progress toward eliminating
    IDDs has been substantial; an estimated 70% of the world’s edible salt currently is iodized. Most
    excess iodine is excreted,
    and most people can tolerate fairly large amounts without experiencing
    problems."

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/...dine_ICPMS.pdf
    It took Google only 1 second to find this doc, and you could have done it yourself, but instead you COMPLAIN. There are also thousands more documents in the list on the subject of "excess iodine is excreted."

Also, when you complain about the Dr. Brownstein Protocol, you should have another protocol to suggest. Anyone can complain about anything, but what is your Better Idea?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-26-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I thought I read here that seaweed also contained bromine, which would cancel out the iodine. Is this true?
    It's true that seaweed contains bromine, & usually more bromine than iodine according to Saenko. Iodine in Seaweed -- Research

I don't know what effect it has on iodine absorption. It is another question for anyone who uses Japanese dietary intake as an example though.

sidewinder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    They are so tasty. I got them from an online site called Netrition.com which also carries Sea Tangle brand kelp noodles. Three ingredients, kelp, water, and salt. I made some for dinner tonight. (pics on my journal momentarily)

Netrition.com also carries a lot of great coconut products and all at better prices than the local health food store. (No, I don't work for them.)
    Sounds delicious! AAAAANNNNNDDDD there goes August's grocery budget

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Sounds delicious! AAAAANNNNNDDDD there goes August's grocery budget
    When I was severely deficient in iodine ( skin patch test disappeared in only 3 minutes) I ordered 2 large boxes of seaweed snacks from Amazon.Com. When they arrived, I could not stop eating them & I ate 6 packages one right after the other ! My body was just craving the seaweed snacks. Sea Gift brand & Annie Chun's brand of Roasted Seaweed Snacks.

Grizz

"Most excess iodine is excreted, and most people can tolerate fairly large amounts without experiencing problems."

It took Google only 1 second to find this doc, and you could have done it yourself, but instead you COMPLAIN.
    [The next couple of lines from the same doc] "People with a tendency toward autoimmune thyroid disease are less tolerant of excess iodine. If a person has previously been iodine-deficient, that person may be at risk for iodine-induced hyperthyroidism. Excessive iodine intake by a mother can pose a reproductive risk."

From the top of your iodine references document: "90% of America is severely iodine deficient". So, most people are iodine-deficient, therefore most people "may be at risk for iodine-induced hyperthyroidism" according to the document you quoted. Yet you chose not to include that bit, even though it followed on from the bit you did quote & is very relevant. I think that speaks volumes. Any objectivity you had on this topic has completely gone.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I was severely deficient in iodine ( skin patch test disappeared in only 3 minutes) I ordered 2 large boxes of seaweed snacks from Amazon.Com. When they arrived, I could not stop eating them & I ate 6 packages one right after the other ! My body was just craving the seaweed snacks. Sea Gift brand & Annie Chun's brand of Roasted Seaweed Snacks.

Grizz
    And as I keep pointing out (which is a positive thing, not negative - not complaining, trolling etc - just pointing out) my iodine skin patch test is lasting 24 hours now. On 3 drops of Lugol's 3% three times a week - about 10 mg per week.

Grizz doesn't seem to want to address how successful small doses can obviously be. And with no need to take masses of cofactors on such small amounts.

As I'm on Grizz's ignore list, perhaps someone could point this out to him? He really needs to address this and explain the apparent paradox, as he is determined to peddle the mega dose Brownstein protocol as being the one, the only and the essential "protocol" for everyone.

@forgotmylastusername - I absolutely agree with your last post and think it is an extremely positive contribution.