Page 385 of 415 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4146

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 385

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    There's actually quite a bit of research (and I mean real scientific research, not forum posts or random websites) that illustrates significant risks from chronically elevated iodine doses. While iodine deficiency is not good either, it's a case where while some is beneficial, more is not necessarily so. I'm concerned when people say things like "well, I take a lot of it and feel fine" because long-term toxicity can take a while to emerge.

I'm not telling people they shouldn't take iodine--I realize that there are reasons to supplement, and I've read some compelling evidence in credible journals for moderate supplementation particularly for those who don't use iodized salt or consume seafood/seaweed regularly. But it is vitally important to be aware that taking too much of something beneficial can become harmful. Long-term high doses of iodine may cause significant and potentially irreversible health problems, including permanent damage to the thyroid.

Iodine Toxicity and Its Amelioration

High thyroid volume in children with excess dietary iodine intakes

Effects of Chronic Iodine Excess in a Cohort of Long-Term American Workers in West Africa

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2010/...erious-thyroid

[Hyperthyroidism induced by amiodarone and hypert... [Ann Pathol. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI

Iodine-induced delirium - Hara - 2004 - Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental - Wiley Online Library

Iodine-Induced Hyperthyroidism: Occurrence and Epidemiology | Abstract

:: YMJ :: Yonsei Medical Journal

http://ats.ctsnetjournals.org/cgi/reprint/39/5/478.pdf
    I haven't looked at all of these, but those I looked at don't leave me overly concerned. Many involve much more dangerous forms of iodine, like amiodarone. Others involve iodine causing (or exacerbating) autoimmune thyroid damage, which we know can happen if you take iodine without selenium. The Peace Corps workers were in Niger, which a quick google search suggests is an area of low selenium.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    And isn't this just perfect irony!!! The only one on this entire thread who demands that everyone does things their way is ----- GRIZZ !! A LIBERAL then - if ever I saw one.

Grow up, Grizz!!!
    Breadsauce,

Now you are LYING again. I will post this again just for you:

EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO DO IODINE THEIR WAY.

TO EACH THEIR OWN

Whether that is LOW DOSE iodine, Seafood & Seaweed, or whatever it is you want to do.

Kapish?

The Brownstein Iodine Protocol is for those of us who choose to do it.
    Kapish?

Grizz

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Cori is CRYING and COMPLAINING again. When are you going to stop FLAMING this message thread?

Grizz
    Crying ? Complaining? Grizz - you are ruining this thread with your complaining , trolling and rudeness. Time you went on holiday again. The thread was GREAT without you bullying people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Breadsauce,

Now you are LYING again. I will post this again just for you:

EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO DO IODINE THEIR WAY.

TO EACH THEIR OWN

Whether that is LOW DOSE iodine, Seafood & Seaweed, or whatever it is you want to do.

Kapish?

The Brownstein Iodine Protocol is for those of us who choose to do it.
    Kapish?

Grizz
    And stop shouting. So rude.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I stopped taking my daily 12.5mg Iodoral a couple of days ago, and have a slightly tender throat when I swallow.

Could be anything, I'll post any developments though. I've taken a range of doses and forms of iodine (Iodoral/Lugols) having worked my way up to and back down from 50mg over the course of just under two years.

And what is this constant "Kapish??" Speaka the Englisha!

And stop shouting. So rude.
    DO NOT SAY THAT I AM LYING simply because I think you are a very domineering and argumentative person (which you are proving yourself to be)

You don't own this thread and you are upsetting people with your constant trolling / abuse.

You have to accept that a different point of view is as valid (or more so) than yours. KAPISH??? (whatever that means...)
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-25-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Toning down my comments!!!!!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    DO NOT SAY THAT I AM LYING simply because I think you are a very domineering and argumentative person (which you are proving yourself to be)

You don't own this thread and you are upsetting people with your constant trolling / abuse.

You have to accept that a different point of view is as valid (or more so) than yours. KAPISH??? (whatever that means...)
    I'm confused. You quoted yourself?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Cori & Breadsauce have been added to my IGNORE list with their buddy PaleoBird.

Their constant complaining & crying are adding nothing worthwhile to this thread.

Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I THINK that you quoted myself - but I can't be certain!!