Page 383 of 415 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 383

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Will Iodine cure my addiction to this thread?!?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    thyroidmanager.org disagrees with your statement:
    The Iodine Deficiency Disorders – Thyroid Disease Manager
    Very nice report, but you can find any viewpoint you want to find on the internet. Iodine is the WILD, WILD, WILD West. No 2 doctors can agree on anything. So the best we can do is to pick a doctor to follow on our iodine protocol.

You follow your doctor & his protocol and I will follow Dr. Brownstein & his protocol. There are over 6,000 people following Dr. Brownstein at the Yahoo Iodine Group and Thousands more at the CureZone as well as 600+ more at BreastCancerChoices with no reported problems.

We can argue over this till the end of time, and I have more time to argue than you do.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-25-2012 at 10:31 AM.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    The only brand of toothpaste I found at Walmart to be free of flouride is TOM's PEPPERMINT brand. But beware, all of the other TOM's toothpaste has flouride in them; cool mint, spearmint etc...

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    Will Iodine cure my addiction to this thread?!?
    Hoss,

That was a good one! The best I've heard in a while. Isn't it FUN to watch the never ending DRAMA between the Dr. Brownstein Group and the NIT-PICKERS?

I think the Nit Pickers are all LIBERALS. The Hallmark of a LIBERAL is they demand that everyone do it THEIR way.
    For example, the conservative who doesn't like guns just doesn't buy a gun.
    The LIBERALS demand gun laws to prevent anyone from buying a gun.

Conservatives who don't like Big Gulp Sugary drinks just don't drink them.
    Liberals pas laws to prevent EVERYONE from drinking Big Gulp Sugary drinks.

Conservatives who don't like iodine just don't take it.
    Liberals try to outlaw iodine so NO ONE can have it.

Isn't it FUN?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-25-2012 at 11:29 AM.

DuhPrincess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Your solution to people wading in poop is to keep brushing their feet off. Tell them to get out of the poop so they don't need your pitiful brush instead. This iodine nonsense is on par with "cleansing". What toxins are you ingesting? Then stop it!
    I have fluoride-free toothpaste (available at any Super Supplements), and I do not drink tap water. I drive to the well to fill my 14 5 gallon bottles every month. And I do not ingest any bromide, either. THAT is the solution. Stop the poisoning and - amazingly - you stop needing an antidote. Imagine that!
    Good for you!! The rest of us who are still figuring all this out will continue to ignore your simple advice while trying to undo years of damage from swallowing toothpaste as a child or from ingesting fluoridated water for years or from having a mouth full of (probably uncessary) mercury fillings or from having a Mountain Dew addiction or from vainly dying our hair with cheap dye or driving newer cars full of flame retardants or using feminine hygiene products that contain chlorine or dioxins. Thankfully, I've already learned many of these things over time but it's painful to me to see how many people don't know about these environmental toxins yet who are suffering as a result. Your simplistic advice to just eat seaweed twice a week to overcome years of toxicity is just too simplistic and ineffective for many of us here. Glad it's working for you though.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I thought I read here that seaweed also contained bromine, which would cancel out the iodine. Is this true?

I'm now up to drinking 2 drops of Lugol's per week. I drop it into an 8-ounce cup on Sunday and take a couple swallows each day. Usually I finish it by Friday, so Saturday is iodine free. I will probably continue this up to four drops and level out. According to the water method, that's something like 2.3 mg/day. Since I don't have any true symptoms of I deficiency, I think this is plenty for now. Maybe megadoses are only for someone who has a real health issue. Fibrocystic and prostate come to mind. I'm still wary of the thyroid issue.

I'm still taking the protocol: C, D3, Mg, B2/3, Brazil nuts, and salt. I'm going to dial back the Mg and B2/3 since I don't think I'll need the full amount if I'm only taking 2-3 mg.

I'm stopping the mole experiment for a couple weeks to give my skin a break. Although the moles are decreasing, the skin has scabbed over multiple times and it's painful and it looks horrible. I think I'd rather live with the half-moles for now.

btw, here's something for Grizz's conspiracy mill. When I started looking into iodine a few months ago, several of the seaweed packages said "good source of iodine" on the front and listed the %RDA of iodne in the Nutrition facts. The %RDA was around 1000% to 1300%. I remember posting those numbers on this thread. Last week I was checking the seafood packages, and that labeling is gone. No claim of being a good source of iodine printed on the front, no iodine RDA on the Nutrition Facts. I think I checked all the brands, but I will look more carefully next time.

Grizz, if you're really into research, I wonder if the FDA or some other body said something to discourage the labeling. Maybe the confusion between iodine and iodide? I haven't thought to check whether iodized salt still labels the package. Have you made any headway with the insurance angle? Oh, and it may help to know that I somewhere share your daughter's political views, but I still give you some credence when you're not going crackpot.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Your solution to people wading in poop is to keep brushing their feet off. Tell them to get out of the poop so they don't need your pitiful brush instead. This iodine nonsense is on par with "cleansing". What toxins are you ingesting? Then stop it!
    I have fluoride-free toothpaste (available at any Super Supplements), and I do not drink tap water. I drive to the well to fill my 14 5 gallon bottles every month. And I do not ingest any bromide, either. THAT is the solution. Stop the poisoning and - amazingly - you stop needing an antidote. Imagine that!
    KnifeGill,
    You are exactly right on. Eliminating Fluoride, Bromide & chlorine is big part of the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.
    You will find a very good chapter in Iodine References called DETOX
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also see this:
    Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Check it out,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I thought I read here that seaweed also contained bromine, which would cancel out the iodine. Is this true?

I'm now up to drinking 2 drops of Lugol's per week. I drop it into an 8-ounce cup on Sunday and take a couple swallows each day. Usually I finish it by Friday, so Saturday is iodine free. I will probably continue this up to four drops and level out. According to the water method, that's something like 2.3 mg/day. Since I don't have any true symptoms of I deficiency, I think this is plenty for now. Maybe megadoses are only for someone who has a real health issue. Fibrocystic and prostate come to mind. I'm still wary of the thyroid issue.

I'm still taking the protocol: C, D3, Mg, B2/3, Brazil nuts, and salt. I'm going to dial back the Mg and B2/3 since I don't think I'll need the full amount if I'm only taking 2-3 mg.

I'm stopping the mole experiment for a couple weeks to give my skin a break. Although the moles are decreasing, the skin has scabbed over multiple times and it's painful and it looks horrible. I think I'd rather live with the half-moles for now.

btw, here's something for Grizz's conspiracy mill. When I started looking into iodine a few months ago, several of the seaweed packages said "good source of iodine" on the front and listed the %RDA of iodne in the Nutrition facts. The %RDA was around 1000% to 1300%. I remember posting those numbers on this thread. Last week I was checking the seafood packages, and that labeling is gone. No claim of being a good source of iodine printed on the front, no iodine RDA on the Nutrition Facts. I think I checked all the brands, but I will look more carefully next time.

Grizz, if you're really into research, I wonder if the FDA or some other body said something to discourage the labeling. Maybe the confusion between iodine and iodide? I haven't thought to check whether iodized salt still labels the package. Have you made any headway with the insurance angle? Oh, and it may help to know that I somewhere share your daughter's political views, but I still give you some credence when you're not going crackpot.
    Congratulations on your progress. You are doing this right, on your own terms and on your own research. You are a perfect iodine student. I'm not aware of anything about seaweed. I don't spend any time on seaweed because it is not on the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.

I have not spent any time on the Insurance Company idea. I don't know who is in a position of power to do anything. I have decided to go forward writing iodine articles for magazines. I think I can have a bigger impact by being a freelance author. T2T may even join with me in writing articles for magazines. I'm sharing what I find with him.

My DIL and I get along just fine. We know which subjects to avoid. We don't talk politics and we don't talk about money. Any other subject is neutral and we can discuss at great length. I respect her because she is my DIL. She is extremely well educated and is a 3rd line manager at a major hospital. My son is very lucky to have found her, and they get along great. I've got nothing to complain about. Even if I did have anything to complain about, I would keep my big fat mouth SHUT. The wife & I do NOT meddle in their lives.

Keep up the great work,
    Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    OSHA REPORT ON BROMIDE POISONING
    ==========================
    Damn this is as SCARY as Hell. And they put THIS into bread & inhalers????

Many thanks to Paraboy at the CureZone for this report:
    Effects on Humans: Bromine is corrosive to the eyes, skin, mucous membranes, and respiratory tract in humans.
    Eye contact can result in severe, painful, and destructive burns of the eyes [Sinig 1985; AIHA 19781. Brief contact of
    the skin with liquid bromine causes vesicles and pustules, and prolonged contact leads to deep, painful burns that
    ulcerate and are slow to heal [Sittig 1985; Clayton and Clayton 19811. Repeated contact of the skin with bromine
    in liquid or vapor form may cause dermatitis and halogenacne [Rom 1983; Deichmann and Gerarde 19691. Inhalation
    of airborne concentrations below 1 ppm causes tearing of the eyes; exposure to 4 ppm can be tolerated for only 30 to
    60 min, 10 ppm induces respiratory damage and is considered immediately dangerous to life or health; and 30 ppm
    would cause death in a short time [Clayton and Clayton 1981; NIOSH 1987b; NLM 19921. Acute nonlethal exposures can
    also induce coughing, nosebleed, feelings of oppression, dizziness, headache, and delayed onset of abdominal pain
    and measles-like dermal eruptions [NLM 19921. Pulmonary edema may occur after several hours, and high concentrations
    can cause death from corrosive bums of the lung [Parmeggiani 1983; Sittig 19851. The inhalation LCb in humans is 1,000 ppm NOSH 19911. The lowest lethal oral dose is estimated to be 14 mgFg [NIOSH 19911. Ingestion of the liquid produces corrosive tissue burns, mouth and esophageal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, shock (hypotension, tachycardia, cyanosis), headache, dizziness, delirium, collapse, and stupor. Death can result from glottic or pulmonary edema or aspiration pneumonia. Survivors can develop esophageal and ~ l o r i c stenoses [NLM 19921. Regular exposure to 0.3 to 0.6 ppm for 1 year has induced headache, heart-area chest pain, irritability, anorexia, joint pain, and dyspepsia. Continued exposure for 5 to 6 years can cause loss of corneal reflexes, pharyngitis, vegetative disorders, thyroid hyperplasia and dysfunction, cardiovascular disorders (myocardial degeneration and hypotension), digestive tract secretory disorders, and inhibition of leucopoiesis and
    leucocytosis [NLM 19921.

Signs and symptoms of exposure
    1. Acute exposure: Acute. exposure to bromine can cause irritation or corrosion of contacted tissues, tearing, corneal
    clouding, dizziness, headache, pulmonary edema, dyspnea, nosebleeds, coughing, bronchopneumonia, central nervous
    system disturbances, abdominal pain, diarrhea, altered conditioned reflexes, delirium, collapse, and death. Survivors of
    ingestion incidents can develop esophageal and pyloric stenoses.

2. Chronic exposure: Chronic exposure to bromine can cause contact irritation, slow healing, painful acne-like skin
    eruptions, headache, heart pain, irritability, anorexia, joint pain, dyspepsia, loss of corneal reflexes, pharyngitis, vegetative
    disorders, thyroid dysfunction, and cardiovascular and a digestive disorders.
    Toxic effects of bromine in humans at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1967047)
    MUCH more here:
    http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/81-123/pdfs/0064-rev.pdf
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-25-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Iodide – One Mineral Can Help A Myriad Of Conditions From Atherosclerosis To “COPD” to Zits

Many thanks to Newport at the Curezone for this excellent article.
    The article won't fit into our 2,000 character limit.

Here is the link to CureZone:

Iodide – One Mineral Can Help A Myriad Of Conditions From Atherosclerosis To “COPD” to Zits
    by Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, MD
    Iodide – One Mineral Can Help A Myriad Of Conditions From Atherosclerosis To “COPD” to Zits at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 1967211)
    Grizz