Page 382 of 415 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 382

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=Radialhead;911432

Makes a change from being called a troll I suppose. You really, really don't like people disagreeing with you do you?[/QUOTE]

You really are the master of understatement! That made me laugh so much I nearly spat tea on my keyboard!!!

Grizz is offline Banned
    T2T,

Thank you for your report on AMIODARONE. Did you know there is a class action lawsuit? You may be eligible for damages.
    I have posted your Amiodarone report in Iodine References, chapter Lawsuits.

Here is more SHOCKING information on this drug:
    AMIODARONE
    Generic name: Coradone, Pacerone
    Date Approved: January 5, 1999
    Manufacturer: Wyeth Ayerst
    Approved Uses: Irregular heart beat, Atrial fibrillation, Atrial flutte

Serious Side Effects:
    Lung damage
    Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
    Blindness

Amiodarone, manufactured by Wyeth Ayerst, is only to be used to treat life-threatening irregular heartbeats (ventricular arrhythmias) only when no alternative treatment has worked or has been tolerated.

Some doctors prescribe Amiodarone for off-label use without informing their patients of possible side effects or advising them that the FDA had not approved their treatment as safe and effective. In 2004 doctors prescribed Amiodarone to approximately 2.3 million patients, and 82 percent of these prescriptions were not for approved conditions. Sever side effects including lung damage, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN), and blindness are associated with Amniodrone. Many patients experiencing these side effects said their doctor did not adequately inform them of the risks associated with this drug. In certain studies, up to 17% of patients suffered from lung damage with 10% of patients dying as a result of these lung damages.

Seek medical attention if you are experienceing:
    Shorteness of breath; wheezing; other trouble breathing
    Nausea or vomiting; passing dark-colored urine; unusually tired; have yellow
    Skin or stomach pain
    Faintness or light-headedness
    Cough; chest pain; or spitting up blood
    Changes in your heart beat, such as a pounding heart; very rapid or very slow
    heart beat

If you belive that you have been injured by Amiodarone, contact the law offices of Keller & Keller LLP for free legal advice of confidence.

More:
    ============
    A class action lawsuit has been filed against Wyeth and several other makers of the heart drug amiodarone on behalf of patients and their families. The suit alleges that there has been a scheme by drug makers for the past 20 years to pressure physicians to prescribe the drug for unapproved uses while concealing and downplaying its risks. The suit further claims that the highly toxic drug continues to be prescribed to millions of patients nationwide without the detailed consumer warnings promised by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration more than a year ago.

Register your Amiodarone Case
    If you feel you qualify for damages or remedies that might be awarded in a this class action please click the link below to submit your complaint.

A Google Search is LOADED with horror stories about this drug.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    From what I have read - and it is on the links that I have provided - a dose as low as 500 mcg daily will saturate the thyroid within a couple of weeks and then gradually replace the other halides in the body with iodine. So yes, it will work, and without taking risks with my health.

I am in fact taking slightly more than this - about 10 mg per week in total - and my iodine paint patch test lasts almost 24 hours now. And as it was you who pointed me towards the patch test many, many posts ago, when you used to bang on about that, then you'll have to admit that my low dosage seems to be working admirably.

Incidentally, your habit of writing things in huge letters, bold, is effectively yelling and ranting. Not polite - you are irritating LOTS of people on this thread and I think it is time you learned to stop this trolling behaviour.
    Listen, if you don't like the Dr. Brownstein protocol, then don't do it. You are free to do it any way you want.

Ditto for everyone else. Do it YOUR WAY.

For those of us who are following Dr. Brownstein, we are doing it the Brownstein way. If you have a problem with this protocol, then take your complaints to Dr. Brownstein and stop complaining.

Grizz

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Listen, if you don't like the Dr. Brownstein protocol, then don't do it. You are free to do it any way you want.

Ditto for everyone else. Do it YOUR WAY.

For those of us who are following Dr. Brownstein, we are doing it the Brownstein way. If you have a problem with this protocol, then take your complaints to Dr. Brownstein and stop complaining.

Grizz
    Who is complaining? I am not - just stating an opinion. Equally valid. And this is an IODINE thread - not a Brownstein thread - so everyone is allowed to state their opinion, which carries equal weight. It doesn't mean that they a troll - or complaining.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chahaya View Post
    @Grizz: Quick question...I am quite sure you have answered it before. This is the dosage mentioned. Do I need to up all the rest (selenium, magnesium and ester-C) accordingly if I up the iodine? Only ATP co-factors is mentioned.

* tsp Natural Salt in water: Celtic Gray, Himalayan Pink, Hawaii Black, Redmonds Salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable ( minerals have been stripped out )
    * 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
    * 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    * 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
    * ATP Cofactors caplets by Optomix - Take 1/2 caplet up to 25mg iodine, then one caplet for each 50 mg iodine
    Chahaya,
    Sorry I didn't answer your question. If you are suffering a severe disease such as breast cancer, really BAD uterus problems, etc, "They" recommend increasing dosages but unfortunately there are NO guidelines and no rules for doing this. It is up to your doctor to adjust the dosages of each supplement. Iodine is the Wild, Wild, Wild West where no one can agree on anything.

Download this Iodine Guide by Dr. Buist for more on this:
    Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC

Also see this website:
    Breast Cancer Choices Iodine Resources and Research Pages

Sorry I don't have a better answer, there is no answer existing that I have found. So we take the same supplement dosage as listed regardless of your iodine dosage. If I can find a better answer, I'll post it. Does anyone else have a good answer to this question? Perhaps the next Iodine Conference can zero in on this question.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-25-2012 at 09:53 AM.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Yes, excessive amounts of iodine simply pass through the body into urine.

Grizz
    thyroidmanager.org disagrees with your statement:
    The Iodine Deficiency Disorders – Thyroid Disease Manager

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    My daughter has Down Syndrome and became a fragile Diabetic at about the age of 5. Later on we would get a Blood machine (at the diabetic doctor’s urgings) that proved to be defective straight from the factory. So unbeknownst to us we were daily giving her too much insulin. So she started having Grand mal seizures (she would quit breathing for a full 60 seconds with each seizure) and was put into intensive care for 3 days.

One of the diabetic doctors from the group that had relentlessly pushed this new machine for almost two years was sure that we were using the wrong technique to prick her finger to get the test sample for the “machine”and NO way could the “machine” be defective, it had to be us. The machine was later sent to an independent lab that validated the machine was defective. (It wasn’t the doctor’s fault that the machine happened to be defective but I was nonetheless pissed at the doctors’ insistence to change over to this machine)

We quit going to these particular doctors. And we went back to using the brand machine that we had the best results with.
    Years later I went into my daughter’s room one morning to get her ready for the training center (she stuffs newspapers with advertisements) and she was lying on her back with a lifeless look in her eyes. I called out her name and all she could do was utter a deep throat sound. I instantly thought that her blood sugar had gone drastically low and I got some honey and put two tablespoon down her throat. I then checked her blood with the glucose machine and it showed her blood to be 102 which was fine. I cursed the machine thinking it had gone bad, it was less than 3 months old. So I used a spare machine and the blood results were identical to the original machine’s results. Which has never happened with all the machines we have had in the past. I looked closer at her face and she had toothpaste plastered on one side so I quickly wiped it off and smelled her breath. It reeked of toothpaste.

I knew then and there that she had overdosed on fluoride toothpaste. I have no idea why she decided to eat the toothpaste. So I quickly took a tablespoon of table salt and put into a cup full of warm water. I got it down her and within 5 minutes she started coming back. In another 5 minutes she had to pee, a lot. Then 20 minutes later she threw up a brownish liquid with a greenish liquid that smelled strongly of toothpaste. After this she was completely fine and I had to give her extra insulin to allow for the honey I had gotten her to swallow earlier.

I would like for the government to put the salt solution antidote on the back of every tube of fluoride toothpaste in America with a chart showing how much “salt” to put in the water for age and weight of children. My neighbor is a safety engineer and he said that the number one complaint to the poison control center here in Jasper, Georgia is toothpaste overdose.

Where did I learn to treat Fluoride overdose, with salt?

From this site:

$750,000 Given in Child's Death in Fluoride Case

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by t2t View Post
    My daughter has Down Syndrome and became a fragile Diabetic at about the age of 5. Later on we would get a Blood machine (at the diabetic doctor’s urgings) that proved to be defective straight from the factory. So unbeknownst to us we were daily giving her too much insulin. So she started having Grand mal seizures (she would quit breathing for a full 60 seconds with each seizure) and was put into intensive care for 3 days.

One of the diabetic doctors from the group that had relentlessly pushed this new machine for almost two years was sure that we were using the wrong technique to prick her finger to get the test sample for the “machine”and NO way could the “machine” be defective, it had to be us. The machine was later sent to an independent lab that validated the machine was defective. (It wasn’t the doctor’s fault that the machine happened to be defective but I was nonetheless pissed at the doctors’ insistence to change over to this machine)

We quit going to these particular doctors. And we went back to using the brand machine that we had the best results with.
    Years later I went into my daughter’s room one morning to get her ready for the training center (she stuffs newspapers with advertisements) and she was lying on her back with a lifeless look in her eyes. I called out her name and all she could do was utter a deep throat sound. I instantly thought that her blood sugar had gone drastically low and I got some honey and put two tablespoon down her throat. I then checked her blood with the glucose machine and it showed her blood to be 102 which was fine. I cursed the machine thinking it had gone bad, it was less than 3 months old. So I used a spare machine and the blood results were identical to the original machine’s results. Which has never happened with all the machines we have had in the past. I looked closer at her face and she had toothpaste plastered on one side so I quickly wiped it off and smelled her breath. It reeked of toothpaste.

I knew then and there that she had overdosed on fluoride toothpaste. I have no idea why she decided to eat the toothpaste. So I quickly took a tablespoon of table salt and put into a cup full of warm water. I got it down her and within 5 minutes she started coming back. In another 5 minutes she had to pee, a lot. Then 20 minutes later she threw up a brownish liquid with a greenish liquid that smelled strongly of toothpaste. After this she was completely fine and I had to give her extra insulin to allow for the honey I had gotten her to swallow earlier.

I would like for the government to put the salt solution antidote on the back of every tube of fluoride toothpaste in America with a chart showing how much “salt” to put in the water for age and weight of children. My neighbor is a safety engineer and he said that the number one complaint to the poison control center here in Jasper, Georgia is toothpaste overdose.

Where did I learn to treat Fluoride overdose, with salt?

From this site:

$750,000 Given in Child's Death in Fluoride Case
    T2T,

You are my HERO today. I have posted your excellent article in Iodine References, Chapter Detox - Fluorode Poisoning

I was at the supermarket recently looking for ANY toothpaste that was free of Fluoride.

Guess what? There were NO brands free of fluoride ! NOTHING. NADA.
    We had to order on-line to get fluoride free toothpaste.

Grizz

chahaya is offline Junior Member
    Chahaya,

Thank you so much for your wonderful & inspiring message. You are an inspiration for everyone. It is WONDERFUL to hear that your fibrocystic breast pain is GONE so quickly. That is typical for nearly everyone reporting back to us, as you can see in our Testimonials in Iodine References. Everyone also reports that their FBD lumps & bumps melt away within 2 or 3 months. Fibroids typically take far longer to clear up. See the Testimonials on Fibroids & Uterus for more details.

Now if only I can convince my daughter in law to start on iodine. She is the exact opposite of me.
    * She is Democrat, I am Republican
    * She LOVES Obummer, I despise Obummer
    * She is a FAR LEFT liberal, I am a FAR RIGHT conservative
    * She is a BIG SPENDER I am a saver
    * I like FOX News, she HATES Fox news
    So I'm afraid there is zero chance she will take my suggestion to start on iodine. I think she would rather get a double mastectomy than take any suggestions from me. I have convinced her sister to learn about iodine, so maybe she will listen to her sister, who is a retired nurse & retired drug salesman.

Please keep us informed of your progress. I would LOVE to put your story into our Testimonials.
    Once again, many thanks for posting,
    Grizz
    Hi Grizz, sometimes the way of communication is paramount. You are so right to get her sister to talk to her. From your DIL's point of view, it's an independent assessment if it came from her sister. Your resources should help the sister have a good headstart. Hope it works!

Also no offense intended, your communication style would definitely clash with your DIL. It sounds like your DIL may disagree with you purely for the fun (sorry I can't think of a better word) of disagreeing with you because both of you don't see eye to eye on so many things already.

It's some what the same with my Dad and me with regard to my change in diet and lifestyle. We had arguments about it.

He pops all sorts of pills given by the doctor for his high blood pressure, Type B diabetes and other stuff that I don't even know. He had two angiograms. His mentality is such that after these pills he can go on with his regular unhealthy food and doesn't need to exercise. He chastized me for my organic diet ("You are becoming a picky eater!"). I find it frustrating because it's not as if I was abusing alcohol or taking drugs.

He also believes it is necessary to have "poisons" in the body and doesn't understand at my attempts to detox. The truth is, I have over 30 years of toxic accumulated in my body, even though from the outside, I look perfectly healthy. The crux is what's going on inside the body. The cysts and fibroids are a manifestation of that - it will take sometime to get the accumulated toxins all out ... (My largest gallstones was at 3cm by the way).

My dad would refuse to eat any vegetables when I asked him to but on the other hand wouldn't hesitate to pop dozen of pills just cos' the doctor told him too. He won't hesitate to go for an operation to cut off his gallbladder cos' the doc told him it's alright and that person above a certain age doesn't really need their gallbladder! By the way, his first response when I told him that I have fibroids was, "When is the operation?" ... I happen to like all my body parts.

However, there's light at the end of the tunnel. I find that if I am not so strong in expressing my views, he is more receptive (even though not immediately). When he knows that he can't change me, and I am not forcing my ways on him, there are times that I can convince him to try something new. Baby steps. My recent success was getting him to eat my homemade organic yogurt.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your solution to people wading in poop is to keep brushing their feet off. Tell them to get out of the poop so they don't need your pitiful brush instead. This iodine nonsense is on par with "cleansing". What toxins are you ingesting? Then stop it!
    I have fluoride-free toothpaste (available at any Super Supplements), and I do not drink tap water. I drive to the well to fill my 14 5 gallon bottles every month. And I do not ingest any bromide, either. THAT is the solution. Stop the poisoning and - amazingly - you stop needing an antidote. Imagine that!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html