Page 378 of 415 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 378

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Hey she posted again. Huh? Oh, 22 so far today. Yeah, she seems to have an obssessive compulsive disorder. Like, she has to post. Yep, that calls the veracity of her claims into question.
    Calls the veracity of her claims into question?? Have you READ her posts ? They are sound and based on science, on fact. You are saying, by default, that you prefer to support the claims which she is (rightly, in my opinion) questioning?

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
    Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)

by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

and not think "Seriously?"

Yet we are supposed to
    Thanks for pointing this out - can't take Abrahams and Brownstein seriously now!

@Gwynn. The vitamin D3 I take is "Healthy Origins" Vitamin D3 5000 iu. For vitamin A, I either eat liver or take "Green Pastures BLue Ice" fermented cod liver oil. "Life Extension" Super K with advanced K2 complex. It has 1000mcg K1, 1000 mcg K2 mk 4 and 100 mcg K2 mk7. I don't take a regular amount, as I feel that if these vitamins came from food (as they ought) or sunshine, they would not be in regularly metered amounts, but would be sometimes high, sometimes low, depending on what had been hunted, gathered or fished for! So sometimes I'll take all three, sometimes one or two - and sometimes none.

The D3 pill uses pure cold pressed olive oil.
    Last edited by breadsauce; 07-25-2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Additional info

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
    Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)

by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

and not think "Seriously?"
    Indeed, so much for evidence based science. The bit that really stood out though was "Guy E. Abraham, M.D. is the owner of the company that developed and distributes Iodoral". That would explain why the ATP Cofactors are the only allowed form of Vit. B under the protocol, what with them being made by the same company.

Which isn't to say we shouldn't be supplementing with iodine, but you can't take anything Brownstein says at face value, given his association with the person who stands to gain the most financially from everyone taking lots of iodine.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialhead View Post
    Indeed, so much for evidence based science. The bit that really stood out though was "Guy E. Abraham, M.D. is the owner of the company that developed and distributes Iodoral". That would explain why the ATP Cofactors are the only allowed form of Vit. B under the protocol, what with them being made by the same company.

Which isn't to say we shouldn't be supplementing with iodine, but you can't take anything Brownstein says at face value, given his association with the person who stands to gain the most financially from everyone taking lots of iodine.
    Are you saying not to use the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol? What is your replacement protocol?

Also, you can buy your B2 & B3 supplements separately. You don't need to buy the ATP Cofactors.

You can use Lugols 5% iodine instead of the iodoral.
    iodoral just makes it more convenient to take high doses of iodine.

Why all the negativism? Do you have a problem with people making a living? I say 3 cheers to Guy Abraham & Co for producing iodoral & ATP Cofactors.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-25-2012 at 02:12 AM.

So is there any studies on the safety or possible long term side effects of the use of prolonged high-dose iodine supplementation?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    You also cannot find me discussing Chemtrails. That was T2T who brought that up. So once again you are distorting the truth (as usual).
    Really?

@@ radialhead,

Stop being RUDE to my friend T2T. You are not going to learn anything with a CLOSED MIND. Morgellons Disease & Chemtrails are facts
    Yes, it was t2t who brought it up, but you instantly believed it without question, & then repeated it as fact. Much the same as:

Melinda Gates was a factual article, if you have a problem with the article, go attack the author. I simply report the facts.
    More 'facts' that you repeat without question. The Gates Foundation helping to fund birth control may be fact; claiming they're doing so to depopulate the planet is just an Internet nutter's opinion.

Believe it or not, there are a huge number of attention-seeking idiots out there who create websites claiming all sorts of rubbish to feed their addiction. There are loads more designed purely to discredit opposition to a particular political or religious ideal. Assume everything you read is wrong until you find evidence (NOT opinion) to the contrary, & you probably won't go far wrong.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    So is there any studies on the safety or possible long term side effects of the use of prolonged high-dose iodine supplementation?
    Yes, excessive amounts of iodine simply pass through the body into urine.

Grizz

Yes, excessive amounts of iodine simply pass through the body into urine.

Grizz
    This is an opinion, or belief. Studies?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you saying not to use the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol?
    No, I'm saying you can't take anything he says at face value given his apparent vested interest. He recommends extremely high levels of iodine supplementation, & appears to be best buddies with the owner of the company that makes the form of iodine that most people will use for those levels. There is a conflict of interest there which people need to know about.

Also, you can buy your B2 & B3 supplements separately. You don't need to buy the ATP Cofactors.
    You have pushed the use of ATP Cofactors hard though, presumably because Brownstein does?

You can use Lugols 5% iodine instead of the iodoral.
    iodoral just makes it more convenient to take high doses of iodine.
    Exactly. And the Brownstein protocol recommends the highest doses as far as I'm aware.

Why all the negativism? Do you have a problem with people making a living? I say 3 cheers to Guy Abraham & Co for producing iodoral & ATP Cofactors.

Grizz
    I have no problem with people making a living; I'm just highlighting something I think people should know about before spending their hard earned money on Iodoral & ATP Cofactors.

Would you have a problem if you discovered the only reason Brownstein recommends 50mg rather than say 5mg is because he holds shares in Optimox?