Page 377 of 415 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 377

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    . (SNIP)

But seriously, this brings up an important point. Confounding variables. Many of us are changing our diets and lives in many ways at once as we adopt the primal lifestyle. It's hard to isolate one variable and say, "The iodine cured me". That is simplistic. Sure iodine is a part of a healthy diet. All those other factors are at work too.
    Before I read on, this is an important point I want to highlight and agree with. I've only been following the Primal Path for a scant four months. At this point I don't know what specific things I'm doing or taking are turning my health and weight around. That's why, for now, I'm seeking to follow the basic principles in food, excercise, sleep (err, except tonight), before adding anything more into he mix and once I feel I've attained a basic set point of health and habits, then I can continue my exploration of other options discussed by this forum, by Mark and by those in the broader Real Food movement. Perhaps iodine supplementation is an important factor in achieving optimal health. I'd like to think so. But until I reach that set point I won't know for sure as I'm still experiencing the healing process from just the basics. I'm starting slowly by building my foundation first.

This thread, the info here, the (now) more balanced discussions, and the give & take between different viewpoints is very interesting. I am not taking either side lightly. One of the most interesting links was to the articles an rebuttals between Dr Gaby and Dr Brownstone. Great stuff with lots of citations. Thank you whoever linked that (Hawkward?)

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hmm...
    I understand the stance.
    However, in my reading of the Brownstein literature it seems that they are speaking of exposure to Halogen chemicals via SAD, not a drastically altered diet and lifestyle that seriously minimizes exposure such as Primal/Paleo... or even other whole foods and low product usage lifestyles.
    Not using products full of bromine, flourine, and chlorine (as in whole house water filtration) would certainly have the effect of a MASSIVE reduction in the exposure and uptake of those chemicals, and thus reduce the need for high doses of iodine in order to effectively balance the body.
    I envy those who have filtration systems. My Town water is fluoridated, chlorinated, you name it but I cannot afford a whole house water filtration system. So I, and more importantly my young son, are exposed every day. Sadly, not everyone who has embraced a Primal lifestyle can afford to protect themselves as thoroughly as they'd like or ideally should.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I love her posts, what's YOUR point?
    Nevermind. Read something into your post that clearly wasn't there.

Accept my apologies for being a bitch. Here, I baked you a coconut flour cake with iodine frosting.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I am not taking either side lightly. One of the most interesting links was to the articles an rebuttals between Dr Gaby and Dr Brownstone. Great stuff with lots of citations. Thank you whoever linked that (Hawkward?)
    I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
    Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)

Gaby, assuming we evolve from a Big Bang 20 billion years ago, commented: "Since emerging from the iodine-rich oceans to become mammals, we have evolved in an iodine-poor environment."

... It is understandable why someone who believes in the theory of evolution has a problem with such high requirements for iodine in an environment depleted of this element. Unless sometimes in the distant past, the topsoil of planet earth contains significant levels of iodine and meeting these high requirements for iodine sufficiency could then be achieved with any diet. The theory of evolution does not offer an intellectually satisfying answer to this paradox. However, the Biblical account of the origin of the world through creation 6000 years ago followed by the fall of man and the flood fits very well the current situation. According to the biblical narrative, the Creator declared planet earth and everything in it perfect. Therefore, the original planet earth contained a topsoil rich in iodine, and all elements required for perfect health of Adam, Eve and their descendants. A rebelled archangel was expelled from God's Habitation for attempting a hostile takeover (Isaiah 14:12-15). His name was Lucifer before the attempt (Isaiah 14:12) and Satan after his expulsion (Luke 10:18). Satan deceived Eve into believing that she could become a goddess by disobeying her Creator (Genesis 3:4,5). A sequence of events followed, culminating in the worldwide flood 4500 years ago. Following this episode, the receding waters washed away the topsoil with all its elements into oceans and seas. The new topsoil became deficient in iodine and most likely other essential elements, whose essentialities are still unknown. Mountainous areas became the most iodine-deficient because the receding waters were the most rapid over the steep slopes, eroding deeper into the soil.

The Biblical account of the flood fits very well with the finding of high concentrations of iodine in brines, which accompany oil wells and natural gas deposits.8 By 1977, the brines associated with deposits of natural gas in Japan accounted for 56% of the world iodine production.16 The previous existence of iodine-rich living organisms from which came these iodine-rich degradation products strongly suggests that sometime in the distant past, iodine was plentiful on planet earth, and some catastrophic event resulted in washing away the iodine-rich top soil in the oceans.
    by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

and not think "Seriously?"

Yet we are supposed to
    have confidence in our Dr. Brownstein "Iodine Project" based procedures.. scientific, time tested protocol?????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I read the rebuttals. Was no one else surprised to read this??:
    Rebuttal: Gaby editorial on iodine (October 2005)

by Guy E. Abraham, MD and David Brownstein, MD,

and not think "Seriously?"

Yet we are supposed to
    Whoa. Thanks for this.

I don't know who to believe any more!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    PaleoBird,
    You cannot find any quotes where I said FBD causes cancer, because I have never said that, and you KNOW that I never said that. You are just trolling this thread again as usual. You also cannot find me discussing Chemtrails. That was T2T who brought that up. So once again you are distorting the truth (as usual). Melinda Gates was a factual article, if you have a problem with the article, go attack the author. I simply report the facts.

I suspect that members are getting sick & tired of you causing scenes all the time. Give it up already.

Do you have any questions on Iodine that I can help you with?
    Grizz
    No, people are NOT getting tired of paleobird's posts - she has proven herself over and over to be reasoned and sound. And you got very overprotective of "your honoured guest" when several people rubbished his chemtrail post - which effectively showed you as agreeing with him.

Stop calling people liars and distorting your own past posts. And stop calling people trolls when you are nearer to trolling with your abusive posts than anyone else on this thread.

Paleobird,

No more hostility and no more Trolling. OK?

Grizz
    Once more - Paleobird IS NOT TROLLING. Stop using this ridiculous phrase.

I take this as a "NO" and the intense hostility & war games will continue.

So sorry to have to do this, but you have been warned several times.

Therefore you are the first person ever that I have to put on IGNORE. You are now officially on my Ignore List. I will keep you there for 3 months.

I tried. So sad, too bad.

If anyone else gets sick & tired of PaleoBirds never ending hostilities, ranting & raving just go to her profile & click on "Add to Ignore List." Really easy.

Grizz
    If anyone else gets sick and tired of Grizz calling sound opinions "trolling" - put him on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    This thread basically reads like the diary of a madman....I may or may not need iodine but I'd be scared to death to take it no matter whose protocol I followed for fear I too would get a head full of crazy.

It's a tough call however because at the same time I am concerned I may lose various body parts if I don't take it. I'll think I'll risk that over the mental derangement....
    But we did have a lovely weekend on this thread when a certain person wasn't posting.... Sensible discussions - progress...

Quote Originally Posted by joe2.0 View Post
    So people are going to start worrying about post counts around here? Gah

Making a single post after taking the time to figure out how many days and posts per day is a lot more concerning than someone posting 10 times a day on a board like this. Not to mention, I am sure that a great many of those 6000 posts helped people. Your post, helps no one.
    +1