Page 373 of 415 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 373

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    First of all if you're going to call me Paleobirdie I'm going to call you Grizzyface, OK?

It's nice to hear you say that, "There is simply a higher risk of breast cancer in women with FBD. This does not mean they WILL get cancer."

This is sane and very sound and I'm glad to hear you say it. It is also not what you were saying upthread but then we can let that go. As long as you aren't off chasing fictional "chemtrails" and Melinda Gates plots, we will know you are back in your right mind.

Could you please say that one more time for the people being panicked by earlier pages, something like, "HEY EVERYBODY, FBD DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER!"? Complete with lots of caps and bold type. That would be great.
    PaleoBird,
    You cannot find any quotes where I said FBD causes cancer, because I have never said that, and you KNOW that I never said that. You are just trolling this thread again as usual. You also cannot find me discussing Chemtrails. That was T2T who brought that up. So once again you are distorting the truth (as usual). Melinda Gates was a factual article, if you have a problem with the article, go attack the author. I simply report the facts.

I suspect that members are getting sick & tired of you causing scenes all the time. Give it up already.

Do you have any questions on Iodine that I can help you with?
    Grizz

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Simplified version: we need to take in more iodine than we take in halogen chemicals. ...Dr. Brownstein says that we need 50mg of iodine daily to offset all of these chemicals and we need more than 50mg to expedite detox. http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    Hmm...
    I understand the stance.
    However, in my reading of the Brownstein literature it seems that they are speaking of exposure to Halogen chemicals via SAD, not a drastically altered diet and lifestyle that seriously minimizes exposure such as Primal/Paleo... or even other whole foods and low product usage lifestyles.
    Not using products full of bromine, flourine, and chlorine (as in whole house water filtration) would certainly have the effect of a MASSIVE reduction in the exposure and uptake of those chemicals, and thus reduce the need for high doses of iodine in order to effectively balance the body.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

t2t
    t2t is offline Member
    @Gwynn,

I have used Carlson’s brand k2 which has 5 milligrams per capsule and comes with 60 capsules per bottle. You can break the capsule open and divide the powder into 4 parts and that would give you a little more than one milligram per part. Again please take the teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil for added absorption.

The thorns brand is a liquid and each drop provides 1 milligram per drop. It is over 60 dollars per bottle and is said to be a lot like the very expensive butter oil from Green Pastures Brand stuff.

Personally on testimonies I have read about Thorn’s and Green Pastures butter oil, I believe the Carlson’s brand is just as good.

As is Ulta K2 Brand which comes in a smaller bottle with 90 much smaller capsules. (less filler). It has 15 mg’s per capsule. But the fifty dollar bottles are a little less than 35 dollars if you get 6 bottles of it which is the way I go now. 15 parts of this capsule means 15 (one Milligrams of K2 from one capsule) You can see the savings...

Carlsons K2 is at Amazon.

t2t

@Grizz, Hope your DIL gets better whatever course of diet, supps, and or fasting that she might travel.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    @Grizz,

I hope your DIL gets better.

Gwynn
    Gwynn,
    Thank you for the support. She is lucky to have me around at this time in her life. NO ONE ELSE will tell her about the miracle of iodine. I was lucky to get her sister interested in iodine, and I think my son supports it. So with everyone telling her to try iodine, there is a chance she will at least give it a try. Fingers crossed.

What do you think is wrong with Paleobird? Why is she always creating a scene?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hmm...
    I understand the stance.
    However, in my reading of the Brownstein literature it seems that they are speaking of exposure to Halogen chemicals via SAD, not a drastically altered diet and lifestyle that seriously minimizes exposure such as Primal/Paleo... or even other whole foods and low product usage lifestyles.
    Not using products full of bromine, flourine, and chlorine (as in whole house water filtration) would certainly have the effect of a MASSIVE reduction in the exposure and uptake of those chemicals, and thus reduce the need for high doses of iodine in order to effectively balance the body.
    Cori,
    I agree with you. You are exactly right. That is why I plan to go to only 25mg of iodoral instead of Brownstein's recommended 50mg. I'll see how it goes at 25 mg for a while, then drop it down to 12mg - I've seen reports from those who dropped their iodine too much and suddenly did not feel good, lost energy, brain fog, etc, and had to raise their dosage. Over the next 6 months we will be getting some experience with this.

Grizz

Paleobird Guest
    PaleoBird,
    You cannot find any quotes where I said FBD causes cancer, because I have never said that, and you KNOW that I never said that. You are just trolling this thread again as usual. You also cannot find me discussing Chemtrails. That was T2T who brought that up. So once again you are distorting the truth (as usual). Melinda Gates was a factual article, if you have a problem with the article, go attack the author. I simply report the facts.

I suspect that members are getting sick & tired of you causing scenes all the time. Give it up already.

Do you have any questions on Iodine that I can help you with?
    Grizz
    Um, ya did say that and quoted as "authoritative sources" other people who said that multiple times but I can't be bothered going back through this monster thread to find them all. I'm glad to hear that you have moderated your stance. Let's put that behind us and move on shall we?
    You defended the "chemtrails" idea and its poster adamantly and you still believe that Melinda is plotting "depopulation", OK. That's not reporting "facts" that's using a public forum which you say is supposed to be about iodine, to indulge in tinfoil hat looniness.

I don't suspect, I know by what they have said that many members are sick of you making what should be an interesting discussion on an important topic look like a circus.

Cori,
    I agree with you. You are exactly right. That is why I plan to go to only 25mg of iodoral instead of Brownstein's recommended 50mg. I'll see how it goes at 25 mg for a while, then drop it down to 12mg - I've seen reports from those who dropped their iodine too much and suddenly did not feel good, lost energy, brain fog, etc, and had to raise their dosage. Over the next 6 months we will be getting some experience with this.

Grizz
    "Grizz,
    You are free to do it any way you want at your own peril. We choose to follow the Dr. Brownstein Protocol.

So, bottom line, If you don't want to follow the Dr. Brownstein procedures exactly, then just go ahead & do it YOUR way. Don't come into this thread CRYING if you get a THYROID STORM, a trip to the EMERGENCY ROOM, 30 lbs of BLOAT, or a face FULL OF ZITS. We will be LAUGHING at you for being so stubborn. Bwahahahaha - Mwahahahaha
    So go right ahead and do it YOUR way and let us know how it works out for you. We like to watch Guinea Pigs do our testing for us. Then WHO will be the irresponsible one ??"

Just kidding, Grizz. I'm glad to see that you are moderating your stance on, "Do it exactly this way or else because Dr. Browstien walks on water."
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-24-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    What do you think is wrong with Paleobird? Why is she always creating a scene?
    Grizz
    Yeah, I'm such a big meanie. But seriously, Grizz. I have had breast cancer. I know what it's like. I know all about big old honkin needle biopsies and all kinds of other scary stuff up close and personal.

I really want your DIL to be well, honestly I do. If the way you talk is anything similar to the way you write, I can just picture you pacing up and down, flapping your arms and EMOTING loudly all over the place. What your DIL needs is calm, reassuring support, not hysterical rantings about people "cutting off her breasts".

Please just take a breath and explain things to her calmly.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Paleobird,

If the way you talk is anything similar to the way you write, I can just picture you pacing up and down, flapping your arms and EMOTING loudly all over the place. What your DIL needs is calm, reassuring support, not hysterical rantings about people "cutting off her breasts".
    Your imagination is getting the best of you.

Let us kiss and make up to spare the members all of this hostility.

Here are my kisses for you:

No more hostility and no more Trolling. OK?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Expressing an alternative point of view and questioning sources=/=Trolling. I will continue to express my opinions even if they don't agree with yours.

It's not about you and me personally, Grizz. I don't care if you hate me or blow me kisses. I do care about the truth and will continue to seek it along with the other rational people on this thread and on this whole board. And I will point out falsehoods when I see them. And I will laugh at ridiculous tinfoil hat lunacy along with other sane people should such nonsense come up.

So, anybody want to talk about iodine for a change?

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Expressing an alternative point of view and questioning sources=/=Trolling. I will continue to express my opinions even if they don't agree with yours.

It's not about you and me personally, Grizz. I don't care if you hate me or blow me kisses. I do care about the truth and will continue to seek it along with the other rational people on this thread and on this whole board. And I will point out falsehoods when I see them. And I will laugh at ridiculous tinfoil hat lunacy along with other sane people should such nonsense come up.

So, anybody want to talk about iodine for a change?
    I take this as a "NO" and the intense hostility & war games will continue.

So sorry to have to do this, but you have been warned several times.

Therefore you are the first person ever that I have to put on IGNORE. You are now officially on my Ignore List. I will keep you there for 3 months.

I tried. So sad, too bad.

If anyone else gets sick & tired of PaleoBirds never ending hostilities, ranting & raving just go to her profile & click on "Add to Ignore List." Really easy.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-24-2012 at 04:56 PM.