Page 372 of 415 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4145

Thread: Iodine Anyone? page 372

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Sadly, this is true of the entire Paleo / Primal thing. I would love my parents and sisters to cut out grains and seed oils, but they won't listen. They can SEE how much weight I've lost, asthma improved, no steroid inhalers any more, no psoriasis etc - but they just say "well, it works for you, but it won't work for everyone". So sad.

And so many of my friends in their fifties and onwards are all beginning to suffer with problems which I am sure could be alleviated, if not mended. But as you say, you can't MAKE anyone do anything.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Kruse focuses on Iodine with his best report yet.

See the paragraph, "THE KEY MINERAL TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: IODINE"
    BG 5: PARADIGM DRIFTS PARADIGM SHIFTS: EPI-PALEO? - Jack Kruse

Dr. Kruse is firing on all cylinders on this report,

Grizz

Hoss2626 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Simplified version: we need to take in more iodine than we take in halogen chemicals. ...Dr. Brownstein says that we need 50mg of iodine daily to offset all of these chemicals and we need more than 50mg to expedite detox. http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
    I definitely get the idea of needing to take Iodine as an offset to the other Halides. What I am curious about is the mechanism that Iodine uses that causes Bromide to be removed from the body (our cells, thyroid, whatever) and therefore detoxed out of the body. How does taking more Iodine force the Bromide out. Doesn't Bromide force the Iodine out?

Note that I am not questioning that taking Iodine causes Bromide detox as I think there have been studies that show this (and my own stinky experience also confirms some kind of detox.) What I am wondering is why Iodine does this? What is the actual mechanism? I would like more than "we need it because it offsets the bad chemicals." HOW does Iodine offset the bad chemicals? How does more Iodine win the battle in the body?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    The previous research articles that I posted were comparing the types of cysts that occur with FBD with incidence of cancer.
    Those studies stated that the Type 1 cysts in particular themselves do not become cancerous, but that a person who has them is slightly more predisposed to developing cancer. That cancer would develop in tissues along side the cysts... including areas away from the immediate cyst location. The type one cysts were considered an indicator of an increased likelihood (an approximate 5% increase in risk) of developing breast cancer over the lifespan, regardless in if the type one cysts were currently present in the tissues. The type 2 cysts, either current or healed, were not associated with an increase in cancer rates that was statistically important when compared to women with no history of FBD cysts at all.

So yes, with one particular type of FBD associated cyst there is a slight increase in the chances of cancer. But having or not having those cysts present in the tissue did not seem to be a factor.
    It seems that scientists view them as a simple risk factor. If they were a direct cause then the rate of increase of risk for breast cancer in those with the type 1 cysts should be greater than 5%. As a simple risk factor it makes sense... a person who has a system prone to those type one cysts may also have a system more prone to breast cancer.
    Hi Grizz,
    Did it ever occur to you that the reason your daughter in law is "scared to death" is because you are scaring her needlessly? FBD does not cause breast cancer any more than cholesterol causes heart attacks. It is a correlation not a causation. Yes, her condition should be treated properly because it is painful in and of itself. And yes, she should be monitored for breast cancer, as should any woman of her age. But piling on the panic about cancer is just unnecessary. Please take a breath. I know you care about her and want her to be well but scaring her with medically unfounded hype isn't helping.

And you screaming in your letter about "Please don't let them cut off her breasts!", only makes you look more like a madman and less like the "expert" you proclaim yourself in the letter to be. That is not the medical protocol advocated by anyone other than an isolated ill-informed hack. (As cori and I have both posted about previously).
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-24-2012 at 12:16 PM.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Lizzy, Vital Choices has sardines that are totally healthy. Many well known doctors recommend their products. I've bought their seafood for yrs and always impressed.
    Last edited by JudyCr; 07-24-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    PaleoBirdie,

As usual you are trying to put words in my mouth that I never said. I NEVER said that FBD causes cancer. NO ONE has said that, not even the iodine doctors! Kapish?

The iodine doctors do say this:
    "women who have fibrocystic disease are susceptible to breast cancer"
    "There may be then a significant chance the cells may change into a cancer cell."
    Derry. Iodine and the Breast -- Research
    Dr. David Derry Answers Reader Questions -- Breast Cancer, Tamoxifen, Thyroid & Weight Loss

Translation: There is simply a higher risk of breast cancer in women with FBD. This does not mean they WILL get cancer. Do you understand? Got it?

My DIL is worried because her mother died from Breast Cancer, after the doctors were messing around with her for 10 years !

I would appreciate it if you stopped LYING about what people say. You are always doing this to piss people off. STOP DISTORTING WHAT PEOPLE SAY!

It is our experience that doctors routinely tell their FBD patients to cut off their breasts. Would you like me to post those testimonials YET AGAIN? Better yet YOU go read the testimonial - you know where they are at. Doctors won't recommend iodine, so mastectomy is all they know. Pray tell us what doctors prescribe to CURE fibrocystic breasts.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 07-24-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    First of all if you're going to call me Paleobirdie I'm going to call you Grizzyface, OK?

It's nice to hear you say that, "There is simply a higher risk of breast cancer in women with FBD. This does not mean they WILL get cancer."

This is sane and very sound and I'm glad to hear you say it. It is also not what you were saying upthread but then we can let that go. As long as you aren't off chasing fictional "chemtrails" and Melinda Gates plots, we will know you are back in your right mind.

Could you please say that one more time for the people being panicked by earlier pages, something like, "HEY EVERYBODY, FBD DOES NOT CAUSE CANCER!"? Complete with lots of caps and bold type. That would be great.

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    @t2t, thank you for the information. I don't think DH would be against the "side effect" you described at all! You said you cut your dose down to 1 milligram? Is it liquid or powder?

@breadsauce, DH also has psoriasis. What amounts of the Vit K, D3, and Vit A were you taking?

Thanks again! Where do you buy this stuff?
    Gwynn

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    @Grizz,

I hope your DIL gets better.

Gwynn

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    I definitely get the idea of needing to take Iodine as an offset to the other Halides. What I am curious about is the mechanism that Iodine uses that causes Bromide to be removed from the body (our cells, thyroid, whatever) and therefore detoxed out of the body. How does taking more Iodine force the Bromide out. Doesn't Bromide force the Iodine out?

Note that I am not questioning that taking Iodine causes Bromide detox as I think there have been studies that show this (and my own stinky experience also confirms some kind of detox.) What I am wondering is why Iodine does this? What is the actual mechanism? I would like more than "we need it because it offsets the bad chemicals." HOW does Iodine offset the bad chemicals? How does more Iodine win the battle in the body?
    The answer is extremely complex but here it is: The Sodium-iodide_symporter
    Sodium-iodide symporter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/pdfs/IOD13.pdf

Do a google search on Sodium-iodide_symporter for MUCH more.

Grizz